Few have not heard about Netflix. The streaming platform has approximately 221.64 million paid subscribers worldwide. With over 3,600+ movies & 1800+ TV shows, it has become the leading streaming service in 2022. Despite the excellent content consumption experience, the platform has its share of bugs and issues.
Lately, “Netflix Error Code NW-3-6” has been observed across various devices by numerous users. In this post, we will cover some of the leading causes of NW-3-6 errors and what could be done to resolve the issues related to the streaming service. So, without wasting any more time, let’s begin!
You might want to read: How To Fix Netflix Error M7111-5059 (2022 Update)
Causes For Netflix Error code NW-3-6
As stated earlier, Netflix Error code NW-3-6 appears when your Netflix account/device cannot connect to the platform servers. Besides this, there are some other factors leading to the error:
- If you are using a VPN service to watch Netflix & trying to access content not available in your region, you may encounter the error message NW-3-6.
- If there is a poor Internet connection issue, you may face problematic Netflix error codes. This is one of the most typical reasons for encountering common streaming errors.
- If Netflix’s servers are offline, an error message NW-3-6 may appear.
- If there’s a configuration problem with any network service providers, it may prevent Netflix from working properly.
- Sometimes, it has been observed that users trying to access public WiFi, and popular streaming programs, including Netflix, become inoperable.
Best Fixes To Resolve Netflix Error Code NW-3-6
Here’s a list of the most effective solutions to get rid of annoying Netflix Error Code NW-3-6.
Workaround 1 = It’s time to restart your device
There might be a probability that your device may have disconnected from the Wi-Fi or Mobile data due to an outage, leading to common errors.
Hence, keep patience and wait till it reconnects. You can consider restarting your device to fix common bugs and flaws hampering the active Internet connection. Mobile users may try the same by powering the device off and on since rebooting the smartphone clears the cache and other residues, which may block your connection. So, try this old-school method to fix the error NW-3-6!
Workaround 2 = Bypass the router
To address the Netflix Code NW-3-6 error on your smart TV, consider bypassing the router. Executing this workaround has undoubtedly helped thousands of users to get back flawless Internet connection speed.
Carry out the following actions:
- Switch off the Smart TV.
- Using an Ethernet wire, connect the Smart TV to your modem.
- Unplug the modem for 30-40 seconds, then reconnect it until the indicator lights begin to blink again.
- Connect your Smart TV to Netflix.
This should probably resolve the annoying Netflix Code NW-3-6 on your Smart TV. This indicates the real culprit behind the issue was the router. Sometimes, when your router works continuously for a long duration without a break, it can lead to slow speeds, and signals may get restricted. In such scenarios, bypassing the router is the ultimate solution. It will allow your device to restart from afresh and establish a solid Internet connection. If this doesn’t help, you should contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance in resetting your router settings.
Workaround 3 = Verify DNS Settings on Gaming Consoles
Sometimes, your ISP may block certain applications from running or do ISP Throttling to regulate network traffic and minimize bandwidth congestion. If that’s the case with you, try setting DNS to Automatic.
Do the following for Xbox:
- Locate and push the Guide button on your controller.
- Configuration is now open.
- Choose System Settings.
- Select Network Settings, followed by Network Settings.
- Locate DNS Settings and choose the option.
- Select Automatic.
- Turn off and on the Xbox, then try to access Netflix.
Follow the steps below for PlayStation:
- Select Settings from the main menu.
- Locate Network Settings and then Internet Connection Settings.
- Select Custom from this menu.
- Select either the WiFi or cable connection option.
- Select Automatic under IP Address Settings.
- Select Do not configure for DHCP hostname.
- Select Automatic for DNS and MTU settings.
- Select Don’t use for the proxy server.
- When you’re finished, click X to exit and click Test Connection to check whether you’ve addressed the problem.
You may also configure your Smart TV with a static IP Address by following these steps to resolve the error code NW-3-6 on Netflix.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose a network.
- Select Network Status from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure you fill out the IP Address, Subnet, and Gateway fields.
- Return to Network and choose the Set network to manual option.
- Fill in the blanks with the information you’ve entered.
- In DNS, type 126.96.36.199 for Google’s public DNS server.
- Check Netflix to see whether the remedy worked.
Bonus Tip To Fix Netflix error NW-3-6 with the right VPN service – NordVPN
Another effective method to fix ISP throttling is choosing the right VPN Service for your device. If you want to securely stream your favorite TV shows, web series, and movies on Netflix, try using a reliable and fast VPN Solution like NordVPN. If you are already using a VPN, try an alternate solution to see if it’s the real culprit behind causing problems in watching your favorite content with annoying interruptions.
With NordVPN, you can enjoy the advantage of unlimited bandwidth, strong encryption, high speeds, a no-log policy, and kill switch functionalities. Additionally, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try out the service for a month and then decide whether it’s worth investing in!
You might want to check out the guide: How to Watch Netflix with NordVPN In or Outside the US.
To resolve the Netflix issue with NordVPN, follow the instructions below:
Step 1) Navigate to the official website of NordVPN and hit the option “Get NordVPN” button. Alternatively, you can click on the button provided below to get your hands on the latest version.
Step 2) If you go with the first option from the official website, select the desired plan and proceed to payment.
Step 3) Select a payment method and enter the necessary information.
Step 4) Enter your email address and press the “Continue” button.
Step 5) Enter your password and click the “Log In” button.
Step 6) Select “Download the NordVPN app” to download NordVPN on your computer.
Step 7) Install NordVPN and double-click the desktop shortcut to launch it.
Step 8) Choose the country, log in with your account and get ready to access Netflix and other popular streaming platforms. You will be able to view web series and television shows without interruption while waving goodbye to Netflix error code NW-3-6.
Frequently Asked Questions | Find Out More About Netflix NW-3-6 Error Code
Q.1. What does NW-3 6 error mean on Netflix?
The Netflix Error NW-3-6 usually indicates that you are experiencing network-related problems and your device/account cannot establish a successful connection with streaming servers. It is not uncommon to experience the error NW-3-6 if your home network is improperly configured or your Internet connection is down.
Q.2. How do I fix Netflix Error code NW-2-5?
Some of the common solutions to this issue are listed below:
- Examine your Internet connection and take necessary actions.
- Try restarting your device.
- Check to see whether your network supports Netflix.
- Start your home network again.
- Boost your Wi-Fi signal.
- Get in touch with your Internet service provider.
You might want to read:
- How to Boost Bluetooth/ Wi-FI Signal on Windows 10
- 9 Best Internet Speed Booster Apps For Android
- Great Hacks to Extend Wi-Fi Signal Strength Within Home
Q.3. How to fix Netflix Error code 111 on Android TV?
You should follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.
- Get to the Home screen.
- Scroll down to “settings” > “Applications” on the top menu.
- Select “Netflix” from the list of installed apps.
- To delete the data, select “Clear Data” and confirm with “Clear Data.””
- Go to “Clear Cache” to clear the cache.
- Then you return to the Home screen, interrupting the power for at least 30 seconds. You power down the gadget.
- Netflix should now be operational again.
Conclusion | Were You Able To Fix Netflix Error Code NW-3-6?
Hope the aforementioned solutions helped fix Netflix NW-3-6 Error. If you continue to receive the error message, you must contact your Internet service provider or visit the Netflix Help Center for further help.
Most of the time, using a reliable VPN solution will help fix your problem, and NordVPN is a considerable choice to enjoy unlimited streaming without any hiccups. To know more about the service, check out the unbiased review: Review Of The Top Most VPN Service Provider: NordVPN!
Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.