Most laptops come with an inbuilt webcam but they lack features such as light sensitivity, multi-piece lens stack, better resolution and stereo sound quality. As the world moves in the hybrid work culture, it is predominant to be available for video calls. When you attach an external webcam to your computer, it requires certain software and drivers to function properly. In the absence of these webcam software, you can not connect it to your computer. Therefore, we have created this list of top 10 programs for webcam for Windows 11 and older versions.
Why Do You Need Webcam Software?
To successfully connect your webcam to the computer, you need a webcam software. As an externally connected webcam requires you to install the compatible software to be able to run it on your computer. In the absence of the correct software, the webcam will not be recognized by your PC. Thus, you can not use it for live streaming, video calls or taking pictures.
Read Also: How To Fix Webcam Not Working On Windows?
Top 10 Best Webcam Software For Windows PC: Best Camera Apps
Well, most of the Webcam tools are free to use, but some also have premium versions that have something unique to offer. Depending on your needs, you can use the right camera application for your PC!
Here is the list of the 10 best webcam software and camera apps for Windows 10, 8, 7 PC
Compatible With– Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7
Price: Free, (Paid Version starts at $24)
File formats supported – FLV, MKV, MOV, MP4, GIF (no sound, video feed only)
ManyCam is one of the top webcam programs which is available for free. It allows you to screencast your computer display. The tool has YouTube integration which enables you to stream and broadcast videos directly from YouTube. Additionally, it supports various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Skype, Tumblr & more. ManyCam allows you to use picture in picture video effects & lets you replace the background of your video stream with another image.
Why Use ManyCam?
- Add 3D masks, effects, face accessories, background and more.
- Add text to your live video broadcast.
- Works as a surveillance camera so that you can keep an eye on your home, office, parking & more.
- Allows you to record live streams.
- Comes with a Software video encoder.
- Less automated features.
2. Debut Video Capture Software
Compatible With –Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, XP, Vista
Price: Free (Paid version starts at $49.99)
File formats supported – MP4, MOV, WMV, MPG, FLV, AVI.
Debut Video Capture Software is a non-commercial tool that allows you to record your video calls with both screen & sound included. Using its webcam overlay, you can record from computer screen, external devices and more. It allows you to add text and time stamps to your videos. The popular webcam program provides users with an option to change the color settings and video effects before you can start recording. Moreover, you can adjust the video resolution, frame rate and size in which you want to record the video.
Why Use Debut Video Capture Software?
- All-in-one webcam solution for making quick tutorials.
- Support a variety of formats & sizes.
- Allows you to schedule recordings.
- Record video clips to create tutorials and presentations.
- Adjustable color settings and effects.
- Adds a watermark.
3. CyberLink YouCam 365
Compatible With – Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7 (64 bit only)
Price: Free (Paid version starts at $39.99 per year)
File formats supported – WMV, AVI, MP4
One of the best webcam software for Windows, Cyberlink YouCam 365 is an amazing way to connect with your family and friends over a video call. It provides tools to beautify your face and use 200+ fun effects while on video chatting. You can be meeting ready for real-time virtual makeup. It allows you to adjust video brightness, contrast, and exposure. Moreover, you can record your video calls using CyberLink YouCam 365. It is an easy to use Windows application and also provides security enhancements such as face login and surveillance.
Why Use CyberLink YouCam 365?
- Simple & easy-to-use interface
- Supports multiple video calling services such as: Skype, Google Hangouts, U Meeting and more.
- Ideal webcam tool to fulfill your formal & informal needs.
- Live Makeup tools, video effects, auto zoom face tracking.
- Add customized titles to YouTube Live, Twitch, Facebook Live
- Limitations in the free version
Check Now: Best Webcams For YouTube
4. Logitech Webcam
Compatible With – Windows 10( 6th generation, i5 processor and above)
File formats supported – MP4
Logitech is one of the pioneer manufacturers of webcams. Hence it is super-reasonable for the company to produce its dedicated Webcam software. The solution provided users with some impeccable features to capture images, record videos on your computer using a webcam, without any hassles. It also offers additional benefits like enabling you to adjust the camera’s sensitivity and detect motion. The webcam software also features a surveillance mode which is useful if you want to view the feeds of the home cameras. The best part is that Logitech doesn’t require a complex encoder for live streaming purposes.
Why Use Logitech Webcam Software?
- Extremely easy to use webcam solution.
- A useful option for live streaming & vlogging.
- Allows you to record from multiple sources & in vertical format (for smartphones).
- Stream live on YouTube
- Customize camera settings with Xsplit VCAM
- Works only with Logitech cameras
Compatible With – Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP.
File formats supported – MP3, MP4.
If you are looking for feature-rich webcam recording software, then choose none other than SplitCam. It is undoubtedly one of the best webcam software available for Windows. It enables you to add different effects to your videos. You can replace your head with a 3d object, or you can add something to your images to make them funny and cool. It works with almost all video communication services, including Skype, Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, YouTube, and more. With this webcam software, you can stream slideshow, video file, webcam and so much more, without any hassles.
Why Use SplitCam?
- Packed with some fun features like real-time 3D masks.
- Allows you to split the screen & supports a variety of video streaming services.
- HD video broadcast & support for various video resolutions.
- Connect to multiple platforms at the same time with one webcam.
- Mix audio sources in live streaming
- Lacks light sensitivity and auto focus modes
Compatible With: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7.
File formats supported – MP4, MOV.
GoPlayEditor is a fun way to interact with your friends & loved ones via video calls. It can easily record your webcam along with your screen, add effects, record audio. Its intuitive interface allows you to easily record fast paces gameplays on your Windows PC. Moreover, it is completely free to use and also lets you edit your videos. Edit subtitle or upload captions in real-time.
Why Use GoPlay?
- Offers wide-array of effects.
- Capture quick photos and add specific quirky distortion effects & filters.
- It can edit your video efficiently.
- Picture in Picture recording available.
- Record audio separately
- Lacks advanced features
7. WebCam Monitor
Compatible With – Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Windows server 2019, 2016, 2012
Price: Free (Paid version starts from $69.95)
File formats supported – JPG, MP3, MP4.
WebCam Monitor from Deskshare had to be included in our list of best web camera apps for Windows 11 and older versions. Unlike most of the options available in the market, it enables you to view live video from a webcam. Moreover, the webcam tool helps you to schedule the activation time. It enables you to improve the video quality of the images by adjusting the video properties such as frame rate and resolution for the USB camera.
Why Use WebCam Monitor?
- It is mainly used for home surveillance.
- Customize the webcam properties such as brightness, saturation, contrast and more.
- Watch the live feed of four cams at a time.
- Sends alerts on motion detection.
- Record the video clippings for surveillance
- Expensive for home users
8. Clipchamp Online Webcam Recorder
Compatible With – Windows 11, 10, 8, 7.
File formats supported – MP4 and GIF.
If you are in need of a quick online solution for recording videos on webcam, look no further. As Clipchap online webcam recorder is the free tool you might like. It can easily integrate your default inbuilt camera or any externally connected webcam. You can record and save the video clips on your computer. Great way to record live video chats & save the important details from your meetings.
Why Use Clipchamp Online Webcam Recorder?
- Directly share the video recordings to YouTube, WhatsApp and Messenger.
- Edit video easily using Clipchamp on your PC.
- Works with major video conferencing platforms.
- Share to your phone with a link or embed code
- Sharing integrations with social networks
- Lacks streaming functionality
Compatible With –Windows 10, 8, 7, XP
Price: Free (Paid version starts at $39.95)
File formats supported – JPG, PNG, MP4.
It can record video messages and also play them as video chat at the time while you’re chatting with your friends online. It is a simple and easy to use webcam application & offers a variety of effects to choose from. You can apply effects and overlays without any hassles & it even supports picture overlay. AlterCam also supports a variety of video communication applications like Skype, and more. It can also change voice in real time for desktop users.
Why Use AlterCam?
- Add overlay or underlay images while using webcam.
- Freeware tools such as media codec packs & screen capturing solutions.
- Multiple webcam effects for video calls.
- Play recorded videos on live streams.
- Allows using the same cam in multiple programs at the same time
- Old-fashioned interface
Compatible With – Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7
File formats supported – JPG, PNG, GIF
Our list of top 10 best webcam software for Windows 7, would certainly be incomplete without mentioning the Yawcam tool which is written in Java. The tool is easy to use, has a straightforward interface, and features all basic functionalities to fulfill your personal & professional needs. The webcam solution is entirely free and enables you to video stream, take images, detect motion, create time-lapse movies, add text and image overlays. Moreover, if you wish to protect your pictures and videos with a password, you can do so, using Yawcam, cool right?
Why Use Yawcam?
- Offers motion-detecting surveillance mode.
- Has a built-in web server.
- Multilingual webcam software for Windows users
- Scheduler for output types in the predefined time
- Can check the viewers IP in the streaming process
- Outdated interface and features
Wrapping Up: Which Best Webcam Program Did You Choose?
So, these are our top picks for best webcam software for Windows 10, 8 and 7. Choose whichever you like and if we have missed something, let us know in the comments below. If you ask us, we recommend CyberLink YouCam 365 & ManyCam. Both of the solutions feature all the functionalities that satisfy the needs of both personal & professional needs!
Frequently Asked Questions: More About Webcams
Q1. Does Windows 10 Offer Its Webcam Solution?
Windows 10 comes with a built-in camera app through which you can use a webcam. It offers a variety of features & built-in tools and apps that lets you capture and record.
Q2. Can I Use My Laptop As A Security Camera?
Yes, you can certainly use your Laptop as a security camera and record videos. Just you need to rely on third-party Webcam Software & the remaining task will be done by itself.
Q3. Should I Cover My Laptop Camera When Not Using It?
It certainly sounds like a healthy practice, but frequently covering your webcam with stickers or cover may ruin the lens. Hence, we suggest users relying on dedicated webcam software for keeping your webcam private, if you are not using it.
SilverThanks for your advice! It really helped me a lot in choosing webcam software. At first I thought my webcam wasn’t working, but I found out that it only needed one of these softwares.
recenziiOh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am experiencing troubles with your RSS. I don’t understand why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone else having the same RSS problems? Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanks!!