Do you want to capture the on-screen activities on your computer? Be it an important meeting or a webinar you would like to rewatch. You would have to record the video on your PC. Everything could be done in a few clicks now with the help of Best Video Capture Software for Windows 10 in 2020.
Several filmmakers rely on complex video editors to capture on-screen activity. But if you’re someone who doesn’t wish to spend a lot of money & get an easy-to-use, efficient tool. Here we present 11 best recording software to capture video from screen.
Best Video Capture Software
Let’s learn how to capture video from screen with the help of some of the best video recording software for windows 10!
1. Advanced Screen Recorder– Top Rated Screen Recording Software
Price: Free trial, $39.95/Year
Compatibility: Windows Only
Meet, Advanced Screen Recorder a perfect video capture software for creating long yet high-quality recordings of your screen. The software is an all-in-one solution to capture single window, specific region and full-screen video on your PC. You can use this software to capture videos from YouTube, web conferences, online lectures, gaming or for recording a short video clip for troubleshooting, etc.
Why Use Advanced Screen Recorder – Video Capture Software?
Advanced Screen Recorder is not your basic screen recorder for PC. Its dynamic set of features certainly make it an ideal option to capture high-quality images and videos from the screen.
- Record yourself using the webcam and audio options.
- Lets you capture the entire screen, single window, or specific region or area.
- Allows you to record screen activities, including on screen changes & mouse movements.
- Record system audio and microphone.
- Advanced features like Auto-split, Auto-Stop and scheduled recording.
- Automatically saves captured screenshot or video.
You can download this excellent windows video capture software by clicking the button below!
2. OBS Studio
Compatibility: Windows, macOS & Linux
OBS Studio is one of those most preferred and favorite solutions among content creators to use in 2024. The video capture software for Windows is easy-to-use and lets you record and upload video content directly to popular streaming platforms like YouTube and Twitch. The app comes packed with a lot of features and settings that offer amazing flexibility for power users. To ease users’ learning curve, the video capture program comes with a wizard that guides you to set up the tool for recording & streaming videos.
- Allows you to record videos in various formats like MP4, FLV, and AVI.
- Switch between multiple scenes, each containing multiple sources like webcam, game capture, text, etc.
- Customizable settings like bitrate, resolution, and encoding options are included.
- Supports real-time streaming to various platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, etc.
- A wide range of plugins like additional filters, sources, and transitions are supported.
- Supports chroma key, image masking, and other visual effects.
- Compatible with multiple languages including English, Chinese, German, and more.
- Intuitive interface with customizable workspaces for quick access to frequently used tools.
3. EaseUS RecExperts
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
EaseUS RecExperts is a reliable and functional screen recording software that offers a wide range of features for capturing and editing your on-screen activities. It lets users capture screen in the full mode or a specific area in a couple of clicks. With this program, you can also record streaming videos, and capture Teams meeting, and YT live streams without any hiccups. One of the best parts of using EaseUS RecExperts is their built-in video editing package that helps users refine the captured content for professional results.
- Easy-to-navigate dashboard, that makes it effortless for both newbies & pro users.
- Supports recording of a full-screen, specific region, webcam, and audio-only.
- Embedded video player to preview and play your captured content.
- Adjust recording quality, audio sources, and other settings to meet your needs.
- Schedule automatic screen recording at a specified date and time.
- Numerous video editing tools for trimming, splitting, and adding text to your recordings.
- Share your recordings directly to social media platforms or save them in different formats.
- Export your recorded files directly to YouTube, Google Drive, Vimeo.
Compatibility: Windows only
ShareX is an open-source, free video capture software Windows 10 that boasts a lot of features that you might generally find in paid video screen recording tools. It has capabilities to record the full screen, window, region, freehand or even scrolling. You can also import existing videos, audios or photos to create professional videos or demos.
- Its bunch of advanced tools & editors makes it an ultimate video capture software for professional users.
- Use hotkeys for quicker navigation.
- Allows you to import existing videos, music & photos.
- Add color effects & custom watermarks.
Try your hands on this best free video capture software now. It works well with Windows 7/8.1/10 64 Bit & 32 Bit.
Compatibility: Windows Only
CamStudio is one of the most popular & free video capture software windows 10 available for Windows 10 PC. You can install this best video capture software to record desktop activities in HD quality. CamStudio comes with a lot of customization options that include choosing the codecs required for video recording, changing frame rate or setting the recording quality.
- Capture your screen with Audio.
- Lets you add screen captions & video annotations.
- The screen recorder comes with its own lossless codec that produces crystal clear results.
- Allows you to highlight the cursor path with easy editing tools.
- You can effortlessly convert your captured video in the Flash file.
- An excellent video capture software for professionals & beginners.
CamStudio requires no recording experience or skills to capture videos. Just a couple of clicks and you’re done creating great videos for professional purposes.
6. Movavi Screen Capture Studio
Price: Free, $42.95/Year
Compatibility: Windows & Mac
Movavi Screen Recorder is another best alternative to creating, editing, and sharing professional-looking videos. The streaming video capture software lets you capture full-screen video & a portion of a Windows or app with a few simple clicks. Unlike other screen recorders for PC, Movavi also allows users to capture audio separately or at the same time as capturing video screen.
- Best offline video capture software for professionals & beginners.
- Comes with capabilities to automatically optimize captured videos for different mobile devices.
- Allows you to export your recorded video to 11 video formats.
- Comes with excellent built-in editing tools to alter captured videos.
- Ideal recording software for professional users who look for making software tutorials, presentations for work or How-To YouTube videos.
- Lets you capture in Full HD at 60 frames per second.
- Movavi’s great interface beats out many Screen Capture Software & Apps.
Install this good video capture software by clicking the button below!
7. Screencastify Screen Recorder
Don’t want to install a dedicated screen recording software on your Windows? Well, you can use an excellent online video capture software (Chrome Extension) for your needs. Meet Screencastify, developed to be a super-easy tool to do online screen recording. The application is quite basic, you can record screen activities inside a tab for a limited duration of 5 minutes. For more, you have to upgrade the software.
- Great online video capture software for beginners.
- Record the screen for almost five minutes.
- For recording mouse activities & other actions, we need to upgrade with the plan.
- Explore all your recordings right from the extension.
- Adjust Resolution, Frame Rate & more efficiently.
Definitely one of the best online video capture software for your basic screencasting needs!
8. Free Cam
Compatibility: Windows only
Looking for a windows video capture software to use? Well, your hunt ends here, check out Free Cam, a simple yet free video capture software designed for Windows 10/8/7 64 Bit & 32 Bit. The screen recorder has an attractive interface & comes with a built-in audio/video editor. Even though the software is free-to-use, it comes with no ads & doesn’t place watermarks.
- Places no watermarks or show ads.
- No time limits to capture screen.
- Users can be sure of high-resolution quality.
- Easily adjust the unwanted parts of the screen.
- Simply remove background noise for useful output.
Offers a wide range of audio effects, making it one of the Best Free Video Capture Software on Windows.
9. Bytescout Screen Capturing
Compatibility: Windows only
Bytescout Screen Capturing is another good video capture software compatible with the Windows platform. Its compact video capturing timeline allows users to easily record full-screen, a specific portion of the window or selected rectangular area. It automatically saves the final result as an AVI video file. The screen recorder also supports the audio recording feature. You can disable it if not required from the Settings option.
- An ideal screen video recorder for beginners.
- The output video can easily be uploaded to YouTube.
- Offers various video compressions modes.
Try this offline video capture software to create quick demos and screencasts on your computer.
10. Ashampoo Snap 14
Price: Free, $39.99/year
Compatibility: Windows only
Capturing and editing any screen recorded content was never this easy. Ashampoo Snap 14 is an extraordinary screen video recorder that works with timers, auto-scroll through websites & comes with capabilities to turn entire screens or websites into images or videos. The offline video capture software is equipped with all the tools you’ll ever need to capture and edit screenshots and videos.
- Suitable offline video capture software for beginners & professionals.
- Offers instructions that walk you through the step by step process to capture video from the screen.
- You can edit, cut, join, add elements to the captured videos.
- Turn captured videos into an animated GIF.
- Allows you to edit live video recordings with text and pen annotations.
- You can also give additional mouse click effects with specific tools, helpful for making troubleshooting videos.
- Its interface is quite simple and possesses all the essential features for capturing both static image and videos, making it the best-paid screen recorder.
Get this streaming windows video capture software by clicking the button below!
11. Balesio ALLCapture 3.0
Compatibility: Windows only
Balesio ALLCapture claims the third spot in our list of best video capture software for Windows PC. The screen recorder is an ideal choice for users who want to quickly screen capture videos for training & communication sessions. The app is available in five different languages & allows you to export captured videos to asf, MPEG, and EXE format easily.
- Intuitive interface for smooth and effortless video capturing and editing.
- Start & Stop recording with one-click.
- Allows you to record audio as well during or after video capture.
- Configure color quality & frame rate.
- Adjust audio quality as well.
- Offers a bundle of features to add annotations like chat balloons, animations, images, and other highlights to enhance the video.
- The user can easily decide the screen size for capturing and record it with a single click.
- An intelligent offline video capture software to use on Windows 10 64 Bit & 32 Bit.
Download this easy-to-use screen recorder for PC right here!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What Is The Best Software To Capture Video From Screen?
If you ask us, we recommend using Advanced Screen Recorder developed by Tweaking Technologies. It features all the tools and functionalities that you’ll need to create crisp & high-quality videos. Its easy-to-use console displays all the capturing options: Single Window, Full Screen, Specific region Video Capture. Record webcam, audio and use the options to add watermark to personalize the videos.
Q2. Does Windows 10 Have Video Capture Feature?
Yes, Microsoft does make it possible to capture video of your screen using a built-in capture tool, called Game Bar. Specifically designed to record PC gaming activities, the tool also lets users record just about anything. You can access & setup the functionality by pressing Windows + G key.
Q3. How Do I Capture Video On My Computer?
We’ll be discussing the step by step process to capture video on your computer using Advanced Screen Recorder since it’s one of the easiest & hassle-free tools to record on-screen activities.
Step 1 – To use the screen capturing tool, all you have to do is install it on your system.
Step 2 – Play the live video or on-screen activities that you would like to capture & save on your system. (To record audio, make sure your microphone/speakers are connected.)
Step 3 – Select the option to capture the video icon on the Advanced Screen Recorder console & click on Record to start recording the video.
Isn’t this super-easy? Once you’re done capturing the screen, save your work to your desired location. Read the full guide to know more about Advanced Screen Recorder
Our Top 4 Recommendations – Best Free Video Capture Software List And Comparison
|Windows Vista & Above (32-bit & 64-bit) PCs
|Ability to record videos in the easiest way.
|Limited editing features available.
|Windows 10/8/7 32-bit & 64-bit) PCs
|Records videos in High-Quality resolution.
|Saves recordings to WMV format only.
|Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
|Online Video Screen Recorder
|Ability to edit screencast real-time.
|Sometimes it works a little slow.
|Windows 7/8.1/10 64 Bit & 32 Bit
|Provides lots of advanced tools & editing options.
|Not ideal for beginners or novice users.
The ability to record video on your computer screen is incredibly useful. You can install any of the excellent Video Capture Software mentioned above and enjoy creating screen recorded content such as instructional videos, webinars and more.