Screencasting has made our digital lives all the way easier. Whether you want to preserve Skype calls, webinars, video tutorials, online academic sessions or running PowerPoint presentations. Everything could be done in a few clicks now with the help of Best Video Capture Software for Windows 10 in 2020.
Several filmmakers rely on complex video editors to get the ability to capture on-screen activity. But if you’re someone who doesn’t wish to spend a lot of money & get an easy-to-use, efficient tool. Here we’ll count down the 11 best recording software to capture video from screen.
Also Read: Best open-source software
Best Video Capture Software
Let’s learn how to capture video from screen with the help of some of the most popular screen video recorder software!
1. TweakShot – Top Rated Video Screen Recording Software
Meet, TweakShot a perfect video capture software for creating long yet high-quality recordings of your screen. The software is an all-in-one solution to capture screenshots, edit images & capture full-screen video. You can use this software to capture videos from YouTube, for recording web conferences, online class lectures or for recording a short video clip for troubleshooting, etc.
Why Use TweakShot Video Capture Software?
TweakShot is just much more than just a screen recorder for PC. Its dynamic set of features certainly make it an ideal option to capture high-quality images and videos from the screen.
- Easy, user-friendly & lightweight.
- Lets you capture the entire screen, scrolling window, or specific region or area.
- Allows you to record screen activities, including onscreen changes & mouse movements.
- Automatically saves captured screenshot or video.
- This recording software not only allows you to capture images or record on-screen videos. You can also edit and enhance images with a built-in Image Editor.
- Allows you to easily upload captured screen or video on Google Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox.
- Suitable choice to capture video from the screen on Windows 10 64 Bit & 32 Bit.
You can download this excellent video capture software by clicking the button below!
2. Ashampoo Snap 10
Capturing and editing any screen recorded content was never this easy. Ashampoo Snap 10 is an extraordinary screen video recorder that works with timers, auto-scroll through websites & comes with capabilities to turn entire screens or websites into images or videos. The offline video capture software is equipped with all the tools you’ll ever need to capture and edit screenshots and videos.
- Suitable offline video capture software for beginners & professionals.
- Offers instructions that walk you through the step by step process to capture video from the screen.
- You can edit, cut, join, add elements to the captured videos.
- Turn captured videos into an animated GIF.
- Allows you to edit live video recordings with text and pen annotations.
- You can also give additional mouse click effects with specific tools, helpful for making troubleshooting videos.
- Its interface is quite simple and possesses all the essential features for capturing both static image and videos, making it the best-paid screen recorder.
Get this streaming video capture software by clicking the button below!
3. Balesio ALLCapture 3.0
Balesio ALLCapture claims the third spot in our list of best video capture software for Windows PC. The screen recorder is an ideal choice for users who want to quickly screen capture videos for training & communication sessions. The app is available in five different languages & allows you to export captured videos to asf, MPEG, and EXE format easily.
- Intuitive interface for smooth and effortless video capturing and editing.
- Start & Stop recording with one-click.
- Allows you to record audio as well during or after video capture.
- Configure color quality & frame rate.
- Adjust audio quality as well.
- Offers a bundle of features to add annotations like chat balloons, animations, images, and other highlights to enhance the video.
- The user can easily decide the screen size for capturing and record it with a single click.
- An intelligent offline video capture software to use on Windows 10 64 Bit & 32 Bit.
Download this easy-to-use screen recorder for PC right here!
4. Movavi Screen Capture Studio
Movavi Screen Capture Studio is another best alternative to create, edit and share professional-looking videos. The streaming video capture software lets you capture full-screen video & a portion of a Windows or app with a few simple clicks. Unlike other screen recorders for PC, Movavi also allows users to capture audio separately or at the same time as capturing video screen.
- Best offline video capture software for professionals & beginners.
- Comes with capabilities to automatically optimize captured videos for different mobile devices.
- Allows you to export your recorded video to 11 video formats.
- Comes with excellent built-in editing tools to alter captured videos.
- Ideal recording software for professional users who looks for making software tutorials, presentations for work or How-To YouTube videos.
- Lets you capture in Full HD at 60 frames per second.
- Movavi’s great interface beats out many Screen Capture Software & Apps.
Install this good video capture software by clicking the button below!
5. Ezvid For Windows
Ezvid is one of the fastest & easiest screen recorders for the Windows system. What makes it stand out from other standard screen recording applications? It’s a suite of cutting-edge effects and tools for video editing. With a single click, you can record your screen in incredibly sharp and high-resolution settings. You can never find so many tools and functionalities in any of the best free video capture software.
- Good video capture software for professionals & beginners.
- Comes with features like FaceCam, screen drawing, voice synthesis & speed control.
- Easily capture screen for desktop, games & browser.
- Allows you to create slideshows with built-in Slideshow Maker.
- You can add text, image slides, and other interactive elements to make your video much attractive.
- Allows you to upload your video directly to YouTube.
- Free music pieces available.
- Compatible with Windows 10,8,7, XP.
Ezvid is an excellent video capture software designed for creating informative, entertaining and enchanting videos.
CamStudio is one of the most popular & free screen video recorders available for Windows 10 PC. You can install this best video capture software to record desktop activities in HD quality. CamStudio comes with a lot of customization options that include, choosing the codecs required for video recording, change frame rate or set the recording quality.
- Capture your screen with Audio.
- Lets you add screen captions & video annotations.
- The screen recorder comes with its own lossless codec that produces crystal clear results.
- Allows you to highlight the cursor path with easy editing tools.
- You can effortlessly convert your captured video in the Flash file.
- An excellent video capture software for professionals & beginners.
CamStudio requires no recording experience or skills to capture videos. Just a couple of clicks and you’re done creating great videos for professional purposes.
7. Bytescout Screen Capturing
Bytescout Screen Capturing is another good video capture software compatible with the Windows platform. Its compact video capturing timeline allows users to easily record full-screen, a specific portion of the window or selected rectangular area. It automatically saves the final result as an AVI video file. The screen recorder also supports the audio recording feature. You can disable it if not required from the Settings option.
- An ideal screen video recorder for beginners.
- The output video can easily be uploaded to YouTube.
- Offers various video compressions modes.
Try this offline video capture software to create quick demos and screencasts on your computer.
8. Free Cam
Looking for a free video capture/recording software to use? Well, your hunt ends here, check out Free Cam, a simple yet free video capture software designed for Windows 10/8/7 64 Bit & 32 Bit. The screen recorder has an attractive interface & comes with a built-in audio/video editor. Even though the software is free-to-use, it comes with no ads & doesn’t place watermarks.
- Places no watermarks or show ads.
- No time limits to capture screen.
- Users can be sure of high-resolution quality.
- Easily adjust the unwanted parts of the screen.
- Simply remove background noise for useful output.
Offers a wide range of audio effects, making it one of the Best Free Video Capture Software on Windows.
9. Screencastify Screen Recorder
Don’t want to install a dedicated screen recording software on your Windows? Well, you can use an excellent online video capture software (Chrome Extension) for your needs. Meet Screencastify, developed to be a super-easy tool to do online screen recording. The application is quite basic, you can record screen activities inside a tab for a limited duration of 5 minutes. For more, you have to upgrade the software.
- Great online video capture software for beginners.
- Record the screen for almost five minutes.
- For recording mouse activities & other actions, we need to upgrade with the plan.
- Explore all your recordings right from the extension.
- Adjust Resolution, Frame Rate & more efficiently.
Definitely one of the best online video capture software for your basic screencasting needs!
10. Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
Here’s another in-browser recorder that’s packed with powerful features than most other desktop apps, Apowersoft. This best free video capture proffers all the features to record presentation, software demonstration or tutorial in a few clicks. The small launcher app features a control bar with a plethora of options to capture footage, webcam, record audio, etc.
- Gives the ability to record the whole screen or a selected area.
- Choose a pre-set resolutions for better output.
- Excellent free video capture tool to record clips from YouTube etc.
- Offers customizable keyboard shortcuts for speed & convenience.
- Gives you the option to add annotation during recording.
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is undoubtedly an excellent video screen recording tool that has a lot of options that you’ll find in other paid capturing software for Windows.
ShareX is an open-source, free video capture software that boasts a lot of features that you might generally find in paid video screen recording tools. It has capabilities to record the full screen, window, region, freehand or even scrolling. You can also import existing videos, audios or photos to create professional videos or demos.
- Its bunch of advanced tools & editors makes it an ultimate video capture software for professional users.
- Use hotkeys for quicker navigation.
- Allows you to import existing videos, music & photos.
- Add color effects & custom watermarks.
Try your hands on this best free video capture software now. It works well with Windows 7/8.1/10 64 Bit & 32 Bit.
Frequently Asked Questions: 11 Must-Have Video Capture Software For Windows 10/8/7
Q1. What Is The Best Software To Capture Video From Screen?
If you ask us, we recommend using TweakShot software, developed by Tweaking Technologies. It features all the tools and functionalities that you’ll need to create crisp & high-quality videos. It’s easy-to-use console displays all the capturing options: Rectangular Region, Single Window, Full Screen, Scrolling Window, VideoCapture. A Color Picker option & Image Editor as well, for your editing needs. You can even share the output with your friends or colleagues via Google Drive, Dropbox & OneDrive.
Q2. Does Windows 10 Have Video Capture Feature?
Yes, Microsoft does make it possible capturing video of your screen using a built-in capture tool, called Game Bar. Specifically designed to record PC gaming activities, the tool also lets users record just about anything. You can access & setup the functionality by pressing Windows + G key.
Q3. How Do I Capture Video On My Computer?
We’ll be discussing the step by step process to capture video on your computer using TweakShot since it’s one of the easiest & hassle-free tools to record on-screen activities.
Step 1- To use the screen capturing tool, all you have to do is install it on your system.
Step 2- Play the live video or on-screen activities that you would like to capture & save on your system. (Make sure your microphone is connected, so that TweakShot can also record the audio.)
Step 3- Choose the capture video icon on the TweakShot console & start recording the video.
Isn’t this super-easy? Once you’re done capturing the screen, save your work to your desired location. Read the full guide to know more about TweakShot!
Our Top 5 Recommendations – Best Free Video Capture Software List And Comparison
|CamStudio||Windows Vista & Above (32-bit & 64-bit) PCs||Ability to record videos in the easiest way.||Limited editing features available.|
|Free Cam||Windows 10/8/7 32-bit & 64-bit) PCs||Records videos in High-Quality resolution.||Saves recordings to WMV format only.|
|Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder||Online Video Screen Recorder||Ability to edit screencast real-time.||Sometimes it works a little slow.|
|ShareX||Windows 7/8.1/10 64 Bit & 32 Bit
|Provides lots of advanced tools & editing options.||Not ideal for beginners or novice users.|
|Ezvid For Windows||Windows XP/7/8/10||Allows you to create slideshows with built-in Slideshow Maker.||Quite a basic dashboard.|
Top 11 Best Video Screen Recording Software For Beginners & Professionals
The ability to record video of your computer screen is incredibly useful. You can install any of the excellent Video Capture Software mentioned above and enjoy creating screen recorded content such as instructional videos, webinars and more.
Using some other screen recorder for PC than mentioned above? Please share it in the comment section below!