Tor has become a household name today. And if you are already familiar with the browser, I am assuming you are highly concerned about privacy and anonymity online. If you are nodding, you know about the browser in detail and figure out whether Tor is safe for the average Internet user or has certain drawbacks & vulnerabilities that discourage users from using Tor for ultimate online protection.
First Thing First: Peeling The Layers Of Tor Onion Browser
The name ‘Tor’ is short for The Onion Router. The system works by protecting your web traffic by shielding it through multiple protection layers, just like an onion. The browser is similar to any normal browser available these days. It is available for free of cost, has a straightforward interface, and open-source that helps you stay anonymous online.
It offers a high degree of anonymity by:
- Hiding the user’s location by concealing the IP Address
- Prevents the traffic from getting tracked en route
- Blocks the tracing of digital activities
Since Tor browser relies on multiple routing systems, users’ identity is completely secured.
Writer’s Tip: To protect yourself completely online, the best advice is to use Tor Browser to combine security solutions like a decent VPN and antivirus software. You can rely on a trustworthy Virtual Private Network service – – Systweak VPN. It offers top-notch encryption, has a pleasing interface, has no logs policy, and has hundreds of servers available for you to choose from!
How Does Tor Browser Work?
Tor browser works with a unique system, specifically designed and developed by the US Navy to ensure ultimate protection for Government Intelligence Communication. Tor’s internal working works something like: The users’ data is bundled into multiple layers and gets wrapped through different levels of encryption packets before it gets navigated to the Tor network. After that, the data is routed through numerous volunteer-operated servers known as Nodes (or Relays).
Each time data passes through these nodes or relays, Tor browser cloaks, and extra layers of encryption are added or removed (depending on which way the traffic is going). As soon as it reaches the final node, the last layer of encryption is successfully decrypted, and the data reaches the final destination.
Therefore, it becomes nearly impossible for someone to track your online activity, which passes through Tor’s complex network.
With These Tor Drawbacks, Should I Still Use Tor?
Well, Tor browser does have some excellent features that have been proven to be very useful, but at the same time, it is important to remember that Tor has some moments where it turns out to be flawed. Several times you think you are maintaining complete anonymity, but the truth is you are still being monitored.
So, How Can I Stay Safe Online?
To completely protect yourself in the digital world, you need to add an extra layer of protection to Tor Browser. The best bet is to combine Tor with several security solutions such as VPN or Antivirus software. This would not only solidify your connection but will also give you a little bit of assurance that hackers and bad guys would indeed have a hard time tracking your online activity and other personal details.
1. Install good antivirus software: Make sure you install and use a trustworthy antivirus solution to prevent multiple security threats. It acts as a perfect shield for your web browser.
2. Use a trustworthy VPN service: There are multiple VPN services available in the market that help users conceal their IP Addresses and maintain complete anonymity. To know more about Best VPN Services for Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad & other devices, check out the links below:
- 11 Best VPN For Windows 10, 8, 7 PC In 2020 – (Free & Paid)
- 11 Best Free VPN For Mac in 2020
- Top 10 VPN Services For Linux In 2020
- Best Free VPN For iPad and iPhone
- 10 Best Android VPN Apps – Top 10 VPN Apps for Android (Free)
Alternatively, You Can Start Using Systweak VPN Over Tor Browser
To get started, you need to connect to a reliable Virtual Private Network like Systweak VPN. The solution is dedicated to encrypting and anonymizing your online data traffic. Hence, no personal data will be visible, and no one can track your online activities. The best advantage of using a VPN service over Tor is it can protect your PC’s entire traffic and not just your browsing activity. The VPN Service uses no-log policies; hence it will prevent logging the Tor usage.
To make your search engine private and protected with Systweak VPN, follow the steps:
- Download & install Systweak VPN on your PC. The VPN service is compatible with Windows 10 and other versions.
- Login to the account.
- Connect to the server of your choice.
- Try using the search engine & enjoy better privacy with more security.
|To know more about Systweak VPN, check out the guides below:
|10 Benefits of Using Systweak VPN – All You Need to Know
|How Can Systweak VPN Protect You Against Any Public Wi-Fi Risks?
|Systweak VPN- The Best VPN To Unblock Facebook And Secure Browsing