Are you annoyed with the “MacBook Pro booting stuck halfway” problem? Well, several users complain about this issue and proactively look for effective troubleshooting methods. To be honest, the problem appears due to a variety of reasons, including booting drive malfunctions, running malicious software, having compromised partitions and so on. But don’t worry, the issue “Mac not booting up” can be easily fixed. Keep reading and just follow the instructions stated below!
Causes for MacBook Pro not booting stuck
There are various ways to resolve MacBook Pro not booting stuck problem, but some methods just fix the problem once and the problem may start appearing again. So, you need to identify the real cause and then implement the effective workaround.
- Having a corrupted operating system: It is the most common cause of Mac not booting up properly. Besides, some files cannot be located in the hard drive & the Operating System can’t find them.
- A damaged hard drive: If your hard drive is damaged or contains bad sectors.
- Having outdated apps & other system files: If the Mac fails to update all the apps and drivers, it causes the MacBook to freeze on the loading screen.
Whatever the scenario, we’ll walk you through a variety of methods to easily fix “MacBook Pro not booting stuck” problem in 2022.
You might want to read: How To Fix macOS Monterey Is Running Slow Issue In (2022)
How To Fix Mac Not Booting Up Properly Issue? (2022)
Follow the workarounds mentioned below one-by-one till you discover the most suitable way that resolves your problem.
1. Pay attention to the starting sound of the MacBook Pro.
Observe the signs and symptoms during Mac not booting up issue and identify the meaning of different types of MacBook Pro’s startup tone:
- A single tone repeating every five seconds means no RAM is installed on that computer.
- Three tones ringing successively repeatedly mean RAM doesn’t clear the data integrity check.
- Three times ringing long tones, three times short and then sequence repeats, mean that the EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface) ROM is corrupt.
Noticing the booting sound of the MacBook might help you detect the underlying issue, so be mindful of this and then take the necessary action to resolve Mac not booting up properly.
2. Start the MacBook Pro in Safe Mode
Starting the MacBook Pro in safe mode disallows applications to load automatically, solves directory problems, and erases system cache files as well.
Follow the steps below to start the MacBook Pro in Safe Mode:
1. Restart your MacBook and instantly press the Shift button and hold the key, until a login window appears.
2. Enter your credentials to log in.
3. You might be asked to log in again. (Be it the first or second login window, you should see a ‘Safe Boot’ button in the Menu bar.)
Select the desired option and this will restart the MacBook Pro and might solve the MacBook Pro not booting stuck issue!
If you’re unsure whether your Mac started up in safe mode or not, check out the Apple Support Page to know more!
Must Read: How to Find Applications Folder on Mac
3. Run Disk Utility.
After following the methods above, you start noticing your MacBook Pro getting shut down, displaying glitches, or restarting unnecessarily, then try to fix the issue using Disk Utility. It helps in enabling/disabling journaling, verifying disk integrity, and repairing Mac storage drives if damaged.
Follow the steps below to run Disk Utility:
1. Consider restarting your MacBook Pro. To do so, press and hold the Command + R keys until you see the Apple logo.
2. You need to click the Disk Utility option from the next screen under the macOS utilities window.
3. Select Disk Utility, and click the Continue option to start the app.
4. Navigate to the right panel and click the Mac drive button.
5. Head towards the First Aid tab and click on the Run button to rectify the problem. During this process, immediately back up if Disk Utility notifies you that the Mac hard drive is about to fail.
Hopefully, this instantly resolves MacBook Pro not booting problem.
4. Reset Your MacBook Pro’s NVRAM or PRAM
Both NVRAM and PRAMs store helpful information required for loading the macOS. Follow the steps below to reset your NVRAM/PRAM:
1.Reboot your MacBook Pro and instantly press Command, Option, P, and R keys simultaneously.
2. Hold these keys until the time you hear the startup sound again.
Observe the second startup sound; it should undoubtedly differ from the initial sound, indicating your NVRAM is successfully reset.
To learn more about resetting NVRAM and PRAM, follow our guides:
|A Pro tip to boost your Mac’s overall performance
It’s essential that you take care of your Mac’s cleaning and optimization regularly needs because it will allow you to improve its overall speed and performance. This might seem simple, but if you cannot use MacBook to its full potential, you may face various issues, including the MacBook Pro not booting up properly. Sometimes, accumulated junk files, a long list of startup items, and unwanted residues may clutter your storage space.
So, take the necessary steps to declutter your Mac by running multiple modules to delete junk files, large & old files, caches, logs, app leftovers, launch agents, etc. Fortunately, a reliable Mac Cleaner and Optimizer like Cleanup My System will help you get the task done in a couple of clicks.
Download the Mac Cleaner & Optimizer tool from the official store and keep your machine in tip-top shape and maintain its stability!
Additional tips to prevent MacBook Pro not booting stuck:
Besides the aforementioned troubleshooting method, follow these tips and tactics to resolve Mac not booting up properly.
- Reinstall OS: There are huge chances that your macOS is malfunctioning. In such scenarios, you must reinstall the machine to resolve the stuck-booting issue.
- Restart your Mac periodically: According to a few user reports, the issue of MacBook Pro not booting stuck happened in situations where the user doesn’t restart the machine for a while. While we can’t confirm whether this precedes the problem, it’s probably wise to reboot the Mac now and later.
- Recur to Experts: Provided all the aforementioned tips and tactics; if none of them helped you to fix Mac not booting up correctly, you could take recourse to the related experts.
Conclusion | Resolved: MacBook Pro Not Booting Stuck Issue (2022)
We have discussed several ways to solve MacBook Pro not booting stuck, which you can follow to prevent Mac not booting up problem in no time.
Besides the aforementioned workaround, we advise you to backup all your important files and folders so that you don’t lose any precious data while fixing the issue. Additionally, consider taking the help of reliable cleanup software to keep your machine optimized and stabilize its performance. This may also help prevent your MacBook Pro from hanging and not booting up issues.
You might want to read:
1. What do I do if my Mac is stuck on the loading screen?
You can follow any methods to solve this mentioned in the article above, such as restarting, rebooting into safe mode, or resetting NVRAM or PRAM. However, if you find that a technique isn’t repairing this, then try the following method.
2. How do I fix my MacBook that won’t boot up?
To fix this, you can use any of the methods above. In case no option works, move it to an Apple service center. The ways to do this are Reset System Management Controller or reinstall macOS.