Is It Even Possible To Install Chrome Extensions On Your Android Device? Read On!
If you are a Google Chrome user, you surely love the extensions, don’t you? There are extensions for all purposes. There are extensions with the help of which you can edit your documents and make them impeccable. Then there are extensions using which you can download videos and MP3.
But, here’s a question that might intrigue you and that is can you get the goodness of these Chrome extensions on your Android device. The other day, just out of curiosity, I tried to install a Chrome extension on Android, and this is what I faced
In no way am I demeaning Chrome. I love it just as much as another Chrome user. But, having said that, why should I install an app instead of having the extension itself? And, I figured out how I can add Chrome extensions on Android.
To begin with, yes is the answer. In this blog, we’ll tell you how you can get Chrome extensions on Android and what extensions you should have aboard to begin this incredible journey.
How To Download Chrome Extensions For Android?
You might not be able to get Chrome extensions for Android directly, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have them. There are third party browsers that can help you download Chrome extensions on Android. Some of the best ones are Yandex and Kiwi. The process is very simple and interesting. For this blog, let’s take Yandex, which is one of the best browsers for Android. Read about some of the other great private browsers for Android.
- First, install the Yandex browser from Google Play Store.
- Type chrome.google.com/webstore in the URL address bar. This will open the Chrome store on your Android device
- Look for the Chrome extension that you want to have on Android
- Tap on Add to Chrome and voila! You are good to go. Wondering what extensions you should start with, let us help you!
- To access a Chrome extension, again type chrome.google.com/webstore (f you are not already there)
- Tap on the three vertical dots that you will see at the bottom right
- Swipe/ Scroll up till you find Extensions and tap on it. That’s it! You will now see all extensions listed
To Start With Have These Chrome Extensions On Android
We login into many websites, day in and day out. Now, it is indeed a tough task to remember passwords for every website. You can instead have TweakPass Chrome extension for Android which will simplify life for you by saving all your passwords in a secured vault –
- Friendly and easy to use interface
- TweakPass helps you generate secure, complicated and robust passwords and then you can auto-login on websites and even auto-fill forms even on your Android device
- Easily modify, add, view and delete passwords for all your accounts
- Not just passwords, with TweakPass, you can also store username and other data into a secured vault
- Data is encrypted on both server and device end
- Seamless syncing of passwords between Chrome extension and device
I’m a writer, and I know how important it is to write correctly. Every day, we juggle with blogs, emails, social media posts and whatnot. And there, grammatical mistakes are unpardonable, but since we are human, we do make mistakes. And, practically speaking, you can’t keep tabs on every single typo, grammatical error, punctuation mistake or any other error. And, Android Chrome add ons like Ginger help you out with that –
- Checks your text for spellings, context, grammar, synonyms and various other aspects
- Ginger even makes sure that you stick to a correct sentence structure and maintain a uniform tone throughout
- You even get smart suggestions should you need to rephrase a line of text which can, in turn, help you deliver a more explicit message.
- Translate your text into 40 supported language
- Live as-you-type corrections
- Works on the majority of websites like Gmail, WhatsApp Web, Facebook and others
3. Evernote Web Clipper
How many times has it happened that you liked a certain part of the website but had to bookmark the whole thing instead? Or, you had to cut, copy and paste that part onto a word document which got submerged into several other documents on your computer? If that’s you, try Evernote Web Clipper. And, now you can download the same from Chrome store on Android. Though Yandex already has Evernote extension, this might not be the case with other browsers.
- Clip a particular selection or an entire web page
- Special formats supported so that you can clip from websites such as YouTube, Linkedin and Amazon
- Access clips on any device
- Clip articles or web pages as bookmarks
- Easily share clips and even create unique URLs
- Take screenshots and annotate directly on it.
- Create separate notebooks to organize receipts, memos, invoices and bills
4. Google Translate
You come across a foreign phrase on a website and are clueless what it means or let’s say you are in another country which has some remarkable scriptures on its official website but written in their language. Empower your Android browser with Google Translate.
- Translate a webpage or a part of a webpage in your desired language
- Automatic detection of language a text is written in
- Translate one language into another and vice versa
- Listen to correct pronunciation
- Simply right-click a text and translate it
- You can translate the webpage or text in extension or open it separately in Google translate
StopAllAds helps you block unnecessary ads on a webpage and even on YouTube. One of the biggest pet peeves when browsing a website is the number of ads that float around or pop up out of nowhere. Most of these ads are harmless but sometimes when you accidentally click on an ad you can fall prey to malware or even browser hijacking. Plus, these ads even deter your browsing speed as well, apart from hampering your viewing experience.
- It blocks malware packed ads as it continually updates itself with malware domains
- You can disable social media buttons on a website which at times can be intimidating and hamper your viewing experience
- Not just StopAllAds keep web trackers away, but it even keeps you informed about various web trackers and how you can stay away from them
- You can choose to apply filters depending on your preference and number of ads you want to see
- StopAllAds enhances your browsing speed and prevents companies from tracking your browsing habits
6. Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy – Unlimited VPN
If you want to surf geo-restricted websites, social media platforms and other web content such as Netflix or Hulu libraries not accessible in the country you are in, you cannot just rely on your existing ISP. What you need is a VPN. And if you are looking for one, Hotspot Shield could be a great choice.
Here are some of the best VPN for Android devices
- It’s free of cost, and the interface is comprehensive in a manner that it shows your bandwidth speed and number of threats it has blocked.
- Works with WebRTC blocker because of which your true IP is concealed from websites
- Enjoy fast browsing with no restrictions on the bandwidth.
- Comes packed with cookies, tracker and malware blockers
- Presence of secure servers spread globally
- Military-grade encryption
Pushbullet is probably one of the best Chrome add-ons you can have on Android. It is several things packaged into one extension. It’s simple to use and works across all Android devices seamlessly.
- Secure end to end protection for SMSs and notifications
- You can reply to texts from popular apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Kik, etc.
- Share files and links between all your friends and devices
- Manage notifications right from the extension itself
8. WorldClock: FoxClocks
Time is money, and the world says it! There might have been instances when you would have greeted a friend or relative in a different country at the wrong time. And, that’s not your mistake because you weren’t aware of the time of their country. WorldClock clears this hassle for you.
- Time zone database is automatically updated.
- You can now have small clocks that show local time of a country
- Easily find time zones of any region, country or city
- You can quickly access FoxClocks icon right from your address bar
- Choose an existing time format or create your own
9. Amazon Assistant
If you are an avid online shopper, you certainly need to download an Android Chrome extension like Amazon Assistant afterall Amazon is a go-to place for those products which you just can’t find anywhere else.
- Save all the items that you wish to purchase in one place
- Discover products while you are browsing the web
- You also get personal recommendations on products based on your browsing history
- Amazon Assistant makes it easy to compare products as you can do that from within the extension itself
- Get prompt notifications on deals and price slashes
In The End
Ever thought that you could get Chrome extensions on Android? May you already had but were unaware of how it could be done, and we sincerely hope that this blog has helped you. While the above-mentioned extensions are some of the best extensions, you can find on the Chrome store. These are just a few Chrome extensions that you can install directly on your Android device.