|“My computer keeps shutting down on its own. I tried putting on a liquid cooling system after witnessing the overheating issues. But nothing worked to resolve the ‘PC shutdown issue without prompting any warning.”|
All of us have experienced one or two spontaneous shutdowns or restarts sometimes. The majority of the time, the issue is caused due to a hardware or a software fault. But in case it is an isolated event, we don’t even think twice about it much. But suppose the same scenario has occurred multiple times. In that case, we suggest you start tweaking certain changes in the settings and implement the following tips to stop the computer from shutting down automatically.
But Why Does A PC Turn Off Without Prompting Any Warning?
P.S. If you don’t have much time to read the entire article, you can simply skip the section and check out the Solutions to fix the problem: Windows 10 shutdowns without warning! (SKIP TO THE PART)
- Overheating problems.
- Running problematic drivers
- Hardware issues
- Malware infection
- Software failure
- Battery issues
Windows 10 Shutdowns Without Warning – Best Method To Fix The Issue! (2020)
You can work your way down to fix the annoying ‘computer turns off by itself after a few seconds’ problems.
1. To get rid of the overheating issue
If you think overheating is something that might be triggering the computer getting turned off randomly issue, then here are the following things you can do:
- Clean dust, dirt & other debris regularly.
- Fix the overclocking issue
- If the video card fans, processor fans malfunction, but they can cause overheating
- Stop carelessly using your computer, such as not using your system in humid conditions, not exposing it to direct sunlight, or get the air accumulated around the PC.
2. Running problematic drivers
Faulty or corrupted drivers can also lead to the annoying Windows 10 Shutdowns Without Warning problem. To resolve this, you need to ensure your device drivers are running in up-to-date condition. So, what is the best way to update drivers to the latest and most compatible versions? Use a dedicated Driver Updater Software for Windows 10 & other versions.
- Use Smart Driver Care for the purpose. The professional utility is capable of installing drivers in bulk and from trustworthy sources.
- From the main dashboard, click on the Start Scan now button.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, a list of faulty, missing, damaged, outdated and incompatible drivers would appear on the screen.
- Simply click on the Update All button to install the latest versions for all!
3. Hardware issues
To quickly check whether your hard disk drive is working in a normal state or not, do the following:
- From your Local Disk > go to the Properties > Tools and head towards Error Checking.
- Right-click on the Check or Windows button.
- Launch the Command Prompt and run as administrator.
- Simply execute the command line: CHKDSK /f /r
- Click the Enter button and type Y.
- Hit the Enter button again.
- Once the process gets completed, simply reboot your system.
In case you’ve got your computer refurbished recently, try removing the hardware and check if your PC is running properly. You may know if the new hardware is responsible for causing the incompatibility issues and bringing the ‘computer turns off by itself after a few seconds’ problems.
4. Malware infections
If your computer is behaving stubbornly and getting randomly shut down without prompting any warning, there can be chances to happen due to a virus or malware infection. While Windows Defender, the built-in system security tool, can help you detect and fix common threats. But the best bet to keep your system protected from all kinds of security loopholes is to run dedicated antivirus software.
Use Systweak Antivirus to keep your Windows PC protected from all kinds of viruses, adware, spyware, trojan horse & malicious content. The security solution not only gives real-time protection but also offers a significant performance boost after each scan. Additionally, it even provides an ad-blocker extension that helps you browse the web safely & securely.
5. Software Failure
If your computer struggles with certain types of software issues, it can undoubtedly trigger random PC shutdown issues. This can happen due to corrupted or missing system files, junk files, registry problems, problematic apps, and so on.
Though you can manually find and fix the issues individually, it can be a time-consuming process. Plus, if done incorrectly, it can lead to a variety of issues. Therefore the best bet to resolve all the aforementioned issues in one-go is by taking the help of a reliable PC Cleaning & Optimization utility like Advanced System Optimizer. The Windows software proffers various modules that make system cleaning, optimization & protection a hassle-free process. Be it repairing faulty registry files or cleaning junk and uninstalling problematic programs in bulk. Advanced System Optimizer can do all the tasks in one go!
6. Battery issues
Over time, laptop batteries can run into a variety of problems. So, in case your laptop keeps shutting down without showing any prompts or warnings, your laptop battery might be responsible for the entire case. Therefore, consider replacing your old battery with a new one. Also, make sure the new battery fulfills all your laptop’s requirements.
Hopefully this guide helps you eliminate the unwanted “computer getting turned off by itself after a few seconds” issue. Do share your experience while troubleshooting the problem in the comments section below & if you have any suggestions or workarounds to fix the random shutdown issues on Windows 10, do mention them in the comments section below!