Windows 11 has been a game-changer for many users, offering an immersive user experience and an intuitive interface. However, one common issue faced by several users is the blurry screen. Things can get frustrating, especially when you are in the middle of an important task. It can cause strain on the eyes and affect your overall productivity. But don’t worry! You are not alone in this and there are several ways to fix a blurry screen issue on Windows 11.
So, if you are one of those who are wondering ‘how do I fix my blurry computer screen?’ you are at the right place. So, let’s dive in and find the solution that works best for you. Whether it’s a problem with the display scaling, resolution, or driver, these fixes will help you get your screen back to its clear state with sharper text on the Windows screen.
Fix the Blurry Screen Issue on Windows 11 (2023)
There are several ways to fix a blurry computer screen on Windows 11. Let’s learn about them one by one.
1. Give a Restart to Your PC/Laptop
Before attempting any extensive problem-solving techniques, it’s always a good idea to start with a simple yet effective solution – restarting your computer.
Rebooting your system can often resolve common glitches caused by services and background processes. Once your computer has restarted, open any program and check if the blurry screen problem persists. By taking this basic step, you may save yourself time and effort in searching for more complicated solutions.
2. Adjust Display Resolution and Scale
A potential reason for a blurry screen on Windows 11 could be an incorrect display scale or resolution settings. Verify that the scale and display resolution are configured to the recommended levels in order to resolve Windows 11 blurry screen issue.
- Press the Windows key with the key I to open Windows Settings.
- Now click on the Display Option
- Under the Scale & layout option, check if Scale and Display resolution are on recommended settings or not.
- If not then click on the drop-down arrow icon right in front of them and choose the recommended settings for both.
3. Turn On Clear Type Text
Windows 11 comes equipped with ClearType technology, designed to enhance the clarity of text on your screen and minimize visible pixelation. If you’re still seeing blurred text on your Windows 11 computer, you can utilize the ‘ClearType Text Tuner’ to improve the visibility when text looks fuzzy or blurry to read. Here is how:
- Tap on the Search bar from the Taskbar and type Adjust ClearType Text and choose the very first option from the results.
- In ClearType Text Tuner window, check the box next to Turn on ClearType and hit the Next button.
- On the ClearType Text Tuner screen, choose the text display that appears clearest to your eyes and proceed with the Next option.
Note: You will have to repeat this process of choosing the best-looking text sample for five different sets.
- Finally, click the “Finish” button to apply the updated text display settings.
4. Choose Graphic Preference for Particular Apps
On Windows 11, you have the option to customize the graphics settings for each individual app. If the blurriness issue only affects one or two specific applications, try adjusting their graphics settings with the following steps.
- Press the Windows key with the key I to open Windows Settings.
- Now click on the Display option > under Related settings and tap on Graphics.
- Choose the application whose graphics settings you want to alter and hit the Options Button.
- Choose the High-performance option for Graphics and then click.
- Relaunch the application and let graphic setting modifications come into
5. Tweak DPI Settings Preference for Particular Windows Programs/Apps
If you’re encountering a blurry screen problem with a specific program on Windows 11, adjusting its DPI settings may resolve the issue. To do so follow the steps below:
- Tap on the Search bar from the Taskbar and find the program that is displaying a blurry issue by searching for its name.
- Then, right-click on the top result and choose ‘Open File Location’.
- In the File Explorer, access the Properties of the program by right-clicking.
- Here, navigate to the Compatibility tab, then select the “Change high DPI settings”.
- Check the boxes ‘Use this setting to fix scaling problem for this program instead of the one in Settings’ and ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior’.
- Now click on OK and close the window.
Read Also: How To Fix Slow File Explorer In Windows 11
6. Turn On Best Appearance for Performance Option
If you’ve made recent adjustments to the performance settings on Windows 11 and now text or menus appear blurry, here’s how to fix it. Learn how to do it:
- Tap on the Search bar from the Taskbar and type View advanced system settings and choose the very first option from the results.
- On to the following window, tap on the Advanced option and then click on the Settings option under the Performance Tab.
- Now choose Adjust for best appearance option and then click on
- Now finally tap on OK and close the window.
7. Update Graphics Drivers
If the Windows 11 blurry screen issue still persists, it could indicate a problem with the display driver installed on your computer. To resolve the issue, updating your display drivers may be necessary. Updating your GPU drivers can be a solution to the blurry screen issue on Windows 11. Users can take help of Device Manager to manually find and install latest graphics driver. You can follow our previous guide on “How To Update Graphics Driver In Windows 10, 8, 7” to learn the step-by-step instructions.
If you don’t want to get into the manual hassle, allow me to introduce the industry-leading driver updater software ‘Advanced Driver Updater.’ Revamp the performance of your system by updating outdated drivers with Advanced Driver Updater. It’s an effortless solution, simply scan your PC in real time and have the software install the latest versions from its vast database. With thousands of drivers available, it’s the go-to choice for users who are looking to fix common driver-related issues and boost computer’s performance in one go.
- To download and install Advanced Driver Updater click on this
- After installation, open the software and tap on the Start Scan Now button.
- Once the scan is completed, tap on the Update driver button next to the component you wish to update your drivers for.
- If you want to update all the drivers at once click on the Update All button. But for this, you need to purchase the software.
Once done, enjoy the improved screen quality of your PC in Windows 11 PC like never before.
To Wrap This Up
So, this is how you can fix blurry screen issues on Windows 11 on your own. But if the blurriness issue persists, it is recommended to seek assistance from a professional technician or the manufacturer of your computer or monitor. Also, if you know of any other possible fixes for the issue tell us in the comments below.