When performing a brand-new installation of Windows, a user frequently needs an ISO file. You may legitimately download Windows 11 ISO files from several places without begging your mates or going to infamous torrent websites. When you’re ready, you can use it to create a bootable USB drive and activate Windows later.
What is Windows ISO File/Image & Why Do You Need it Anyway?
Whether you decide to build a new PC or simply want to get your old computer off to a fresh start you must execute a fresh install of Windows 11, booting from a USB drive, or a CD and writing the new Operating system to your hard disc.
ISO is a file form that can be written instantly to a medium such as a USB diver, CD, and DVD. And you will need this Windows ISO image whenever you want to upgrade or completely reinstall your Windows.
Read Also: How to Uninstall Updates In Windows 11 (4 Ways)
How To Download Windows 11 ISO Image
When you need to repair or upgrade your computer or build a Windows bootable disc, a Windows ISO file is useful. In this article, we’ll show you two simple methods for getting a Windows 11 ISO file for free and legally.
So let’s get started.
Read Also: How to Recover Files after Reinstalling Windows 11/10
1. Download Windows 11 ISO File Directly from Microsoft Website
- To access the official page for downloading Microsoft Windows 11, click this
- Once you’ve arrived at the page, scroll down and look for the phrase “Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)” and click the drop-down arrow.
- Tap the download button after selecting “Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO),” which is the only option shown.
- Click the drop-down menu next to “Choose one” to select the product language, and then press the “Confirm” button.
- Select the “64-bit Download” option.
- Given that the Windows 11 ISO image size exceeds 5 GB, this one will require some time.
Read Also: 9 Ways To Fix Windows Update Fails To Install Windows 11/10
2. How to Download Windows 11 ISO Image using Rufus
A Windows program called Rufus can format and produce bootable USB flash devices. The download capability of Rufus is one of its less well-known features. The utility can be used to download both Windows 11 and earlier OS versions. Follow the steps below:
- Click here to go to the official Rufus website. On to the page scroll down and download the latest version of it.
- After downloading the Rufus file install it on your computer by following the in-prompt instructions.
- Choose “Select Disk or ISO image (Please select) from the Boot selection drop-down menu in the Rufus window.
- Select “Download” from the drop-down menu that appears when you click the down arrow icon adjacent to the “SELECT” button.
- The “Download ISO Image” popup box will then appear once you click the “Download” button.
- Choose “Windows 11” for Version from the drop-down menu in the new window. Select Windows 11 for Version by clicking the drop-down in the new window. When the next choice appears, click Continue and wait.
- Choose the most recent build from the “Release” drop-down menu and then click “Continue.”
- Choose “Windows 11 Home/Pro/Edu” from the “Edition” drop-down menu next.
- Choose your desired language after that and then click “Continue.”
- As the Architecture, choose “x64,” and then click “Download.” Click Download after selecting the proper option if you wish to get the ISO file using a browser.
- On your computer, select a location for the download, then click “Save.”
Read Also: Beware! Fake Windows 11 Upgrade Installers Could Infect Your PC With RedLine Stealer Malware
All done. Rufus will begin downloading Windows 11 ISO image to your computer. The Status section contains a progress view.
Read Also: How to Install Windows 11 on an Unsupported PC
To Wrap This Up
So, this is how you can easily download a Windows 11 ISO file on your computer. When installing Windows on an old or new computer, creating a virtual machine, installing it on a Mac, or even troubleshooting a computer, ISO images come in helpful. Once the ISO image is prepared, mount it to execute an update on compatible PCs or make a bootable Memory stick to perform a clean OS installation. And for more such troubleshooting guides and tips & tricks related to (Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS) follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.