Have you forgotten the login password for your Windows PC? Here’s what you can do to bypass the login password.
Though passwords are the best way of protecting information, it is prevalent to forget the Windows log-in password and lose access to data stored on it. Yet most people don’t know how to bypass a password on a computer. Therefore, when they face the situation where they cannot unlock the PC, they simply accept that all the data will be lost, and reinstalling the OS is the only fix. If you can relate to what I am talking about or are struggling with a similar situation, this post is just for you. Before you take the drastic step of reinstalling Windows, read this post and learn how to unlock a computer without a password on Windows 10.
Also Read: How To Unlock Windows PC When Keyboard Stops Working
How To Unlock Computer Without Password In Windows 10
1. Unlocking PC Without a Password By Creating a New User Account
This step will work only when you have a Windows installation disk. However, if you updated Windows using over-the-air updates, you must create a new installation disk by downloading the ISO file from the Microsoft website. After creating the disk, follow these steps:
1. Insert the installation disk and boot the system from it. To enter the boot menu, press F2.
2. Press Shift + F10 during the booting process and access Command Prompt.
3. In the Command Prompt, copy and paste the following commands:
move d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak
copy d:windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
4. Click Ease of Access from the sign-on screen and open the command prompt.
Afterward, run the following commands:
net user /add
net localgroup administrators /add
5. Reboot PC and access the new user account, you created just now. To replace the original utilman.exe file, run the command in Command Prompt.
copy d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
6. Once you are logged in using the new profile, you can reset the locked account password. To do so, use the following command:
net user user_name new_pwd (Replace the “user name” with the new username you want to use and “new-pwd” with the new password).
Also Read : How to Skip Login Screen in Windows 10?
2. Bypassing Password on PC Using a Microsoft Account
If you have a Microsoft account only, this method will work for you. To use it, follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser on any device and visit http://live.com/
2. Click Forgot Password > click I Forgot my Password > enter the email address and mobile number or recovery email ID.
3. Follow on-screen instructions and create a new password for the account, you face a problem with.
Also Read: How To Break Into A Windows PC
3. Unlocking Computer Without Password Using Passper WinSenior
If creating a new account seems daunting, don’t worry — with Passper WinSenior, you can unlock a PC without a password. The software makes unlocking a PC without a password possible.
- Reset or remove password without reinstalling or reformatting Windows operating system.
- 100% success rate guaranteed.
- Remove or reset password in 3 simple steps.
- It helps recover passwords even when you’ve lost access to the user account, when you are locked out of the account or when you have to reset the password.
To use this excellent password recovery tool, follow these steps:
1. Download and install WinSenior on a PC that is accessible.
2. Launch the tool. Select the type of bootable disk you would like to create from the home screen and hit the Create button.
3. After finishing the burning process, eject CD/DVD or USB disk.
4. Insert the disk into the locked computer and follow on-screen steps to enter the boot menu.
5. When in the boot menu select the operating system you are running on the locked PC > click Remove Windows Password > search for the user account you want to login > the password will be removed from it.
6. Restart the PC and access the account without entering the password.
Also Read: How To Lock And Unlock Your PC Using USB Pen Drive
4. Bypassing the Password Screen With Safe Mode
To bypass the lock screen,you can also use the built-in administrator account. However, before following these steps enable the Administrator account, as it is disabled by default. Once enabled, follow these steps:
1. Boot PC in safe mode by pressing the F8 key until you see Advanced Boot Options > select Safe Mode from the list.
2. Log in using the Administrator account.
3. You can now change or remove the login password.
That’s it using these methods you can easily bypass the login screen without a password. However, if you are using Linux you can also use the Tiny Rescue Kit (TRK).
To use it, download the latest version of TRK onto a bootable driver. Insert the bootable disk into the PC you want to access. You will not be able to see the TRK menu > choose Windows Password Resetting option > Enter > select Winpass prompts from username first (you can use arrow keys to scroll the options.) > enter the account details of locked profile > press 1 to remove the password.
Using this alternate way also you can unlock the PC without a password. We understand for beginners and even for advanced users sometimes manual methods can be tricky. Therefore, if you are looking for an easy and efficient way to unlock a PC without a password, use Passper WinSenior. The password recovery tool in no time will help bypass the password screen and login to the PC without losing data.
We hope you liked the information we have shared. Please share your feedback in the section below.
Also Read: Windows 10 Password Recovery Tools
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How Do You Unlock Windows 10 If You Forgot Your Password?
If you have forgotten the login password, you can bypass it either by using a Microsoft account, logging into Safe Mode, or can use a password recovery tool like Passper WinSenior.
Q2. Can I Unlock The Computer Without A Password?
Yes, you can. To unlock the computer without a password, follow any of the steps explained above in the post.
Q3. How Do You Unlock A Locked Computer?
To unlock a locked computer, if you know the password, press Ctrl+ALT+DELETE. Enter the password, and you are all set.
Q4. How To Unlock Windows 10 By Resetting Passwords?
To unlock Windows 10 by resetting passwords, use the WinSenior password recovery tool. A software with a 100% success rate that helps open Windows 10.
Q5. What To Do When You Enter The Wrong Password For Windows 10?
If Windows 10 says, the password is incorrect when using a Microsoft Account, sign in to your Microsoft Account and change the Microsoft account password on account.live.com/password/reset by using another device.
Once this is done, you can use the new password to sign in to your Windows 10.
How To Reset Windows 10 Local Admin Password Without Disk or USB
What To Do When Locked Out Of Windows 7 Administrator Account