With time, SSDs are replacing the traditional HDDs as storage drives and all credit goes to its mechanisms for offering enhanced performance, low battery consumption & faster read and write speeds than ever before. Since SSDs bring tons of benefits, it is somewhat costly as compared to the hard drives and are prone to get damaged after continuous use over a period of time, just like older hard disk drives.
In case you wish to track the SSD status, you need to use the Best SSD Health Check Software. These nifty utilities help in discovering the current health and performance of an SSD Drive. They are designed with S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Report Technology), attributes of SSD to determine overall functioning, performance and health of SSD.
You Might Want To Read: Working Mechanism Of SSD
Why Use Software To Check SSD Health And Performance?
Using the Best SSD Health Check Software, you can effortlessly monitor the current temperature of SSD, use Benchmark feature to find out the read and write speeds, and take advantage of a variety of tools for SSD Optimization, SSD Encryption and more. Additionally, running occasional scans or optimization utility helps in maximizing the overall performance and speed of the storage drive.
So, if you are serious about checking SSD Health & Performance, check out the following list of utilities right now:
Top 6 Software To Check SSD Health And Performance (2022)
Want to take a quick look at your SSD Health Status? Use the following SSD utilities designed for Windows OS.
|LATEST VERSION: 8.17.4|
One of the most popular SSD Check Software in the market right now is CrystalDiskInfo. The program works efficiently when it comes to monitoring SSD’s health, getting notifications about firmware updates and getting detailed information related to the drive at one place. You can check the temperature, read/write speed, detect potential errors and manage overall health of your SSD using CrystalDiskInfo.
- Uses S.M.A.R.T Technology with a graphing tool.
- Supports sending alerts if there are any potential SSD errors.
- Ability to set an alarm if the temperature exceeds.
- Great SSD utility that supports a part of USB, Intel/AMD RAID & NVMe.
- Receives infrequent updates.
What’s New In CrystalDiskInfo?
- Improved Windows 11 support.
- Fixed common UI bugs.
- Enhanced high contrast mode support.
Click Here To Download CrystalDiskInfo To Check SSD Health!
2. Intel Memory and Storage (MAS)
|LATEST VERSION: 2.1.352|
Find out about your Intel SSD drives health in-depth via MAS. The application helps users to maintain your SSD’s speed and overall performance for a longer duration. The SSD Health Check Software assists users in knowing basic yet comprehensive information about their drives and also performs firmware updates as and when required. Additionally, you can run diagnostic scans to optimize the overall health of your SSD.
- Displays valuable info about the free space on your drives.
- Tools like Performance Booster, Intel SSD Optimizer, & more.
- Diagnostic scan seems pretty self-explanatory.
- Ability to perform Secure Erase processes.
- Works with Intel SSD (preferably).
- Outdated dashboard.
What’s New In Intel Memory and Storage Tool?
- Fixed potential issues with Diagnostic Scan.
Click Here To Get Intel Memory and Storage Tool Monitor SSD Performance!
3. SSD Life
|LATEST VERSION: 2.5.82|
Another interesting software you can use to check SSD health and performance is SSD Life. The application works amazingly well with all popular SSDs, including Apple MacBook Air’s own SSD. Using this best SSD Health Check Software, you can run diagnostic scans for monitoring SSD health, lifespan and overall speed and performance.
- Keep a close eye on your SSD drives.
- Show technical information about SSD.
- Displays S.M.A.R.T attributes in the program window.
- Helps you discover detailed online SSD health status reports online.
- Only a 15 days trial is available.
What’s New In SSD Life?
- Added support for SanDisk Ultra Plus.
- Added support for SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive.
Click Here To Download the SSD Life Software To Check SSD Health And Performance!
Must-Read: 10 Best SSD For MacBook Pro In 2022
|LATEST VERSION: 7.3.1|
The Smartmontools bundle comprises two utilities within the app – Smart C & Smart D. Both of them work efficiently to control and monitor SSD. It offers real-time SSD performance monitoring and warns you about potential disk degradation and failures. Unlike other SSD Check Software, Smartmono is intended to work with all popular SSDs. Additionally, you can take advantage of tools designed for optimization purposes.
- User-friendly interface, suitable for both novice & pro users.
- Test your drives thoroughly & determine whether it will experience errors.
- Lightweight software to check SSD health and performance.
- Easily run the tool on Windows, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD & more.
- UI may seem overwhelming to some users.
What’s New In Smartmontools?
- Improved alert system to inform users about disk degradation & failure in advance.
Click Here To Install Smartmontools To Check SSD Health & Performance!
5. OCZ SSD Utility
|LATEST VERSION: 4.0.0012|
Next on our list of Best SSD Health Check Software includes Toshiba SSD Utility. The lightweight application provides tons of tools for cleaning, monitoring and streamlining the entire processes and storage of new data. Using these amazing tools, you can certainly prevent performance breakdown in the long run. Talking about the UI, Toshiba SSD Utility comes with a sleek and well structured dashboard, suitable for both novice & pro users.
- Know all about the firmware & its associated updates.
- Tools to improve overall performance & stability of SSD.
- Provides real-time information about the SSD’s status
- Supports all popular versions of Windows.
- Not a suitable choice for 32-bit systems.
What’s New In Toshiba SSD Utility?
- Get notifications about critical events.
Get Your Hand On Toshiba SSD Utility To Check SSD Health Status!
6. Hard Disk Sentinel
|LATEST VERSION: 6.0.1|
Hard Disk Sentinel is another efficient disk monitoring software, which is highly compatible with SSDs as well. Using this Best SSD Health Check Software, you can effortlessly test, diagnose and repair a variety of issues related to Solid-State-Drives. Not only this, Hard Disk Sentinel, also provides benchmarking capabilities to inform users about potential performance degradation, if any.
- Helps in tracking disk temperature.
- Simplistic and novice-accessible UI.
- Shows brief information on performance and health.
- Instant S.M.A.R.T. analysing.
- Nag screens.
- Limited free trial only.
What’s New In Hard Disk Sentinel?
- Clock synchronization.
- Acoustic management.
Try Hard Disk Sentinel Software To Check SSD Health And Performance!
Which Is The Best SSD Health Check Software?
WeTheGeek’s recommendation is CrystalDiskInfo among the glut of software shared above. The program works efficiently when it comes to monitoring SSD’s health, getting notifications about firmware updates, and getting detailed information related to the drive-in one place. You can check the temperature, read/write speed, detect potential errors and manage the overall health of your SSD using CrystalDiskInfo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I check my SSD Health 2022?
Using the best SSD Health Check software, you can easily check the speed, performance, and overall functioning status. CrystalDiskInfo provides one of the hassle-free ways to get the task done.
Q2. How do I test if my SSD is failing?
Look for the following warning signs to discover whether your SSD is about to fail or not.
- Files cannot be read or written properly.
- Errors involve bad blocks.
- Frequent crashes during the boot process.
- Your drive suddenly becomes Read-only.
Q3. What is the lifespan of an SSD?
Current age limit for SSDs is around 10 years.
|How To Fix SSD Not Showing Up On Windows 10|
|How To Clone Hard Drive To SSD On Windows 10/8/7|
|Cignet Secure SSD: Will It Be The End Of Security Solutions?|
|How To Migrate OS From HDD To SSD Without Losing Data|