Did you know? The lifespan of a hard drive is around 25% shorter than SSDs. The average system boots up with SSD storage in 10-13 seconds, which is comparatively 3 times faster than HDD storage which is 30-40 seconds.
There’s no doubt that Solid State Drives (SSDs) have gained immense popularity for use with laptops, PCs, and servers. You can even add storage drives to older computers to improve read & write speeds and enhance overall performance. SSDs are preferable and faster, but they’re also quite fragile and prone to damage after continuous use. So, it’s essential to check the SSD’s health using professional optimization tools and maximize its lifespan.
Nowadays, the market has dozens of SSD Health Check Tool & Testing Programs to measure its performance, test the transfer speed, and optimize it in a way, so that it yields the fastest operations. These nifty utilities are designed with S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Report Technology) attributes of SSD to determine the overall functioning, performance, and health of SSD.
You Might Want To Read: Working Mechanism Of SSD
So, if you are serious about checking SSD Health & Performance, check out the following list of utilities right now:
Top 6 Software To Check SSD Health And Performance (2022)
Want to take a quick look at your SSD Health Status? Use the following SSD utilities designed for Windows OS.
|LATEST VERSION: 8.17.8|
|FILE SIZE: 5 MB|
|COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2019, etc.|
One of the most popular SSD Check Software in the market right now is CrystalDiskInfo. The program works efficiently when it comes to monitoring SSD’s health, getting notifications about firmware updates and getting detailed information related to the drive at one place. You can check the temperature, read/write speed, detect potential errors and manage overall health of your SSD using CrystalDiskInfo.
- Uses S.M.A.R.T Technology with a graphing tool.
- Supports sending alerts if there are any potential SSD errors.
- Ability to set an alarm if the temperature exceeds.
- Great SSD utility that supports a part of USB, Intel/AMD RAID & NVMe.
- Receives infrequent updates.
What’s New In CrystalDiskInfo?
- Fixed the health status report of a part of NVMe SSD.
- Resolved the window position.
Click Here To Download CrystalDiskInfo To Check SSD Health!
2. Intel Memory and Storage (MAS)
|LATEST VERSION: 2.1.352|
|FILE SIZE: 58.3 MB|
|COMPATIBILITY: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2019, 2016, etc.|
Find out about your Intel SSD drives health in-depth via MAS. The application helps users to maintain your SSD’s speed and overall performance for a longer duration. The SSD Health Check Software assists users in knowing basic yet comprehensive information about their drives and also performs firmware updates as and when required. Additionally, you can run diagnostic scans to optimize the overall health of your SSD.
- Displays valuable info about the free space on your drives.
- Tools like Performance Booster, Intel SSD Optimizer, & more.
- Diagnostic scan seems pretty self-explanatory.
- Ability to perform Secure Erase processes.
- Works with Intel SSD (preferably).
- Outdated dashboard.
What’s New In Intel Memory and Storage Tool?
- Fixed issues with diagnostic scan always performing a quick scan.
- Updated the Intel MAS license.
- Fixed the issue of scheduled optimized sessions that occasionally get removed from the list.
Click Here To Get Intel Memory and Storage Tool Monitor SSD Performance!
3. SSD Life
|LATEST VERSION: 2.5.82|
|FILE SIZE: 4 MB|
|COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2009, 2003|
Another interesting software you can use to check SSD health and performance is SSD Life. The application works amazingly well with all popular SSDs, including Apple MacBook Air’s own SSD. Using this best SSD Health Check Software, you can run diagnostic scans for monitoring SSD health, lifespan and overall speed and performance.
- Keep a close eye on your SSD drives.
- Show technical information about SSD.
- Displays S.M.A.R.T attributes in the program window.
- Helps you discover detailed online SSD health status reports online.
- Only a 15 days trial is available.
What’s New In SSD Life?
- Compatible with SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive.
- Support for Samsung 850 Pro and SanDisk Ultra Plus.
Click Here To Download the SSD Life Software To Check SSD Health And Performance!
Must-Read: 10 Best SSD For MacBook Pro In 2022
|LATEST VERSION: 7.3.1|
|FILE SIZE: 1.3 MB|
|COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP|
The Smartmontools bundle comprises two utilities within the app – Smart C & Smart D. Both of them work efficiently to control and monitor SSD. It offers real-time SSD performance monitoring and warns you about potential disk degradation and failures. Unlike other SSD Check Software, Smartmono is intended to work with all popular SSDs. Additionally, you can take advantage of tools designed for optimization purposes.
- User-friendly interface, suitable for both novice & pro users.
- Test your drives thoroughly & determine whether it will experience errors.
- Lightweight software to check SSD health and performance.
- Easily run the tool on Windows, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD & more.
- UI may seem overwhelming to some users.
What’s New In Smartmontools?
- Fixed timeout handling.
- HDD, SSD, and USB additions to drive database.
- Dropped backward compatibility fixes for super old compilers.
Click Here To Install Smartmontools To Check SSD Health & Performance!
5. OCZ SSD Utility
|LATEST VERSION: 4.0.0012|
|FILE SIZE: 32.4 MB|
|COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, 8, 7|
Next on our list of Best SSD Health Check Software includes Toshiba SSD Utility. The lightweight application provides tons of tools for cleaning, monitoring and streamlining the entire processes and storage of new data. Using these amazing tools, you can certainly prevent performance breakdown in the long run. Talking about the UI, Toshiba SSD Utility comes with a sleek and well structured dashboard, suitable for both novice & pro users.
- Know all about the firmware & its associated updates.
- Tools to improve overall performance & stability of SSD.
- Provides real-time information about the SSD’s status
- Supports all popular versions of Windows.
- Not a suitable choice for 32-bit systems.
What’s New In Toshiba SSD Utility?
- Installation directory changed from Toshiba Memory Corporation to KIOXIA Corporation
- Effective reliability enhancements & bug fixes.
- Support becomes efficient with the Save Support Package feature.
Get Your Hand On Toshiba SSD Utility To Check SSD Health Status!
6. Hard Disk Sentinel
|LATEST VERSION: 6.01.6|
|PRICE: Free Trial, 49.95/ USD 53.00 (lifetime license)|
|FILE SIZE: 34 MB|
|COMPATIBILITY: Windows XP & Above|
Hard Disk Sentinel is another efficient disk monitoring software, which is highly compatible with SSDs as well. Using this Best SSD Health Check Software, you can effortlessly test, diagnose and repair a variety of issues related to Solid-State-Drives. Not only this, Hard Disk Sentinel, also provides benchmarking capabilities to inform users about potential performance degradation, if any.
- Helps in tracking disk temperature.
- Simplistic and novice-accessible UI.
- Shows brief information on performance and health.
- Instant S.M.A.R.T. analysing.
- Nag screens.
- Limited free trial only.
What’s New In Hard Disk Sentinel?
- Revamped the interface.
- New, high-resolution app & try icons.
Try Hard Disk Sentinel Software To Check SSD Health And Performance!
Which Is The Best SSD Health Check Software?
WeTheGeek’s recommendation is CrystalDiskInfo software. The program works efficiently when it comes to monitoring SSD’s health, getting notifications about firmware updates, and getting detailed information related to the drive-in one place. You can check the temperature, read/write speed, detect potential errors and manage the overall health of your SSD using CrystalDiskInfo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I check my SSD Health 2022?
Using the best SSD Health Check software, you can easily check the speed, performance, and overall functioning status. CrystalDiskInfo provides one of the hassle-free ways to get the task done.
Q2. How do I test if my SSD is failing?
Look for the following warning signs to discover whether your SSD is about to fail or not.
- Files cannot be read or written properly.
- Errors involve bad blocks.
- Frequent crashes during the boot process.
- Your drive suddenly becomes Read-only.
Q3. What is the lifespan of an SSD?
Current age limit for SSDs is around 10 years.
|How To Fix SSD Not Showing Up On Windows 10|
|How To Clone Hard Drive To SSD On Windows 10/8/7|
|Cignet Secure SSD: Will It Be The End Of Security Solutions?|
|How To Migrate OS From HDD To SSD Without Losing Data|