PayDay 2 has hit the market & even after receiving several updates, players are still experiencing frequent lags, launch issues, and other errors. Steam discussion platforms and other popular forums are packed with “PayDay 2 not launching 2021”, “PayDay 2 stuck on loading screen,” and other such problems.
Several Players Reporting PayDay 2 not launching 2021 On Windows PC On Steam & Reddit
How To Fix PayDay 2 Not Launching 2022 On Windows 10:
Before trying advanced steps to fix the PayDay 2 Stuck On Loading Screen Error, we’ll be trying basic troubleshooting tricks, such as:
- Restarting Steam
- Running Your Program As Administrator
- Verifying The Game Files (Follow Path: Library > Right-Click On PayDay 2 > Properties > Local Files > Verify
If you’ve tried these methods and nothing worked to resolve the annoying “PayDay 2 Not Launching On PC” issue, here’s what you need to do next:
METHOD 1- Update Drivers (Recommended Way)
You will undoubtedly face many problems while playing any game if your system is running outdated or damaged device drivers. Ensure you are running the latest and most compatible drivers to avoid issues while playing PayDay 2 or any other PC game. You can update drivers in a few clicks by following the method:
- Install Smart Driver Care.
- The Driver Updater Utility works quite effectively to locate and update the right and latest versions of device drivers.
- Click on Scan Now button to let the software search your PC to find all the missing, outdated, missing, or damaged drivers.
- Press the Update All button to fix all the drivers related issues in one-click.
Smart Driver Care is an advanced solution to help you find and replace corrupted & faulty drivers with the latest versions.
Download Smart Driver Care
METHOD 2- Remove Third-Party Mods
We all know how much a PayDay 2 gamer loves trying its mod apps. Well, some players even prefer the mod version than the original game. But somewhere these programs can also be responsible for hampering the gaming experience. No, we are not telling you to delete your favorite mod version of PayDay 2. Instead, you can rename it from WSOCK32.dll to IPHLPAPI.dll.
This method is not for players who don’t use Mods for PayDay 2.
- Launch the Run Window (Press Windows Key + R).
- Type: %localappdata%
- Hit the Enter button.
- Open the PayDay 2 Folder.
- Rename the file to IPHLPAPI.dll from WSOCK32.dll.
Now run the PayDay 2 Game on your system & observe whether the problem ‘PayDay 2 Stuck On Loading Screen’
METHOD 3- Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
The enabled Fullscreen optimizations is probably hampering some aspects of the PayDay 2 & causing problems during the launch process. Try the below-mentioned steps to disable the setting & see if it helps resolve the PayDay 2 not launching on Windows 10 problem:
STEP 1- Head towards the game installation folder. Locate & right-click on the ‘payday2_win32_release.exe’ file & from the context menu that appears, click on Properties.
STEP 2- Navigate to the Compatibility tab > Check on the Disable Fullscreen Optimizations option (you can find the option little bottom) > hit the Apply button, followed by OK to confirm the process.
STEP 3- Now try running the game and check to see if the issue is still appearing.
METHOD 4- Perform Clean Boot
If the methods above failed to solve the PayDay 2 not launching on Windows 10 PC, there could be a probability; the problem is happening due to a conflicting program. Here’s a complete list of software that may interfere while playing PayDay 2. So, in case you are running any of these programs on your computer, try removing it to see if it resolves the issue on your Windows PC.
Performing a Clean Boot would also help in case removing the software doesn’t help to fix “PayDay 2 not launching on Windows 10”. Follow the steps below:
- Launch the Run Window.
- Type MSConfig & hit the OK button.
- Navigate to the General tab & uncheck the option “Load Startup Items.”
- Now head towards the Services tab & uncheck the option “Hide all Microsoft Services.”
- Click on Disable All > Apply > OK.
- Restart the computer and run PayDay 2 to check if it’s launching correctly.
Hopefully, this method should work for you to resolve PayDay 2 not launching on PC. If performing Clean Boot works properly, you’ll find that one faulty service is responsible for the issue on Windows 10 PC.
METHOD 5- Change render_settings File
Still, facing issues while launching PayDay 2 on PC? Well, probably it’s due to the game’s resolution. You cannot change the resolution of the PayDay 2 game, so you would rather have to use a different approach.
- Launch Run Window.
- Type %appdata% & click OK.
- Access AppData directory from the AppDataRoaming Folder.
- From multiple folders, you have to navigate to the Local folder.
- Find the PayDay 2 game from the list of options.
- Find its render_settings & open it with Notepad.
- From the Notepad file, find the line: resolution = 1280 720 (It might appear different on your screen).
- Now change the values to different resolutions.
- Save the changes & try to run PayDay 2 on your Windows PC.
Hopefully, it resolves the PayDay 2 stuck on the loading screen issue. Remember, you might have to repeat these steps until you find the exact resolution that works for you!
METHOD 6- Reinstall PayDay 2
Your last resort to resolve the PayDay 2 not launching (2021) on Windows PC is to install and run the latest version of PayDay 2. You can either remove the program manually or using a dedicated uninstaller for the purpose. Automatically uninstalling a software, ensures that associated files are removed carefully: Follow the steps below if you wish to uninstall manually:
- Open the Steam Client & head towards the Library.
- Find PayDay 2 & right-click on it to choose the Uninstall option.
- Go to the Installation & AppData folder to remove associated files.
- Restart your computer to implement the changes.
Open Steam again & find PayDay 2 to install the game again!
Facing any other issue related to PayDay 2? Feel free to mention them below; we’ll try our best to provide you with all the effective solutions to fix the problem!