Getting BSOD stop 0x000000f4 or any other error when in the middle of something important like editing a document, making important presentations is very frustrating. Error codes like stop 0x000000f4 are unknown to most of you. Thus, to assist you in fixing BSOD 0x000000f4 we have written this article. So, why to wait, move ahead and read the article to understand the cause of error 0x000000f4 and best ways to fix it.
What Is Stop 0x000000f4 Blue Screen Error?
Stop 0x000000f4 is a serious BSOD error, that occurs when an important computer function stops working. In such a case, Windows modify its functioning as it must adapt to the new change to work normally. When this adjustment is made, Windows shut down abruptly displaying the Blue Screen of Death with certain error codes telling something is wrong with the system. Thereby, not giving you any warning or time to save your work. A system reboot, in such a case, does not guarantee that the error is fixed. To fix stop 0x000000f4 and other 0x0000003b system_service_exception, you need to run an external program.
Why You Get Error 0x000000f4?
BSOD error occurs when an important process stops working as intended. Hence, the cause can be a software installation or some hardware issue. To fix this error, check the hardware. It should be connected properly, and the installed software should not buggy or infected.
Users more likely face error 0x000000f4 due to following reasons:
- New hardware installation goes wrong.
- Slave hard drive is not connected /supported by another device.
- Corrupt, buggy or incompatible device drivers.
- Outdated OS.
How to fix error 0x000000f4 Blue Screen of Death?
Unless you know what caused 0x000000f4, fixing it is a complex process. By simply rebooting the device this error cannot be fixed. Therefore, to fix 0x000000f4, you need to try different ways as mentioned below:
Method 1: Use System File Checker
System Check is a Windows inbuilt utility, and it is ideal for solving a wide variety of problems. If corrupt system files are the cause for 0x000000f4 error, it can be fixed using System File Checker. To use it, follow the steps below:
- Type Command Prompt in the search box.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Next, in Command Prompt window type DISM.exe /Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth and press enter.
Note: This command uses Windows update to find and fix corrupted files. If Windows Update is corrupted type the following command:
- Next at the command prompt enter, SFC/scannow and press Enter. The following command will scan the system for corrupted files.
Let the scan finish so that missing or corrupted files can be fixed.
Method 2: Uninstall latest installed software
If stop 0x000000f4 error has occurred after installing any specific software, try uninstalling it. As this could be the problem. Moreover, if you are using more than one anti-virus software, uninstall the software, and restart your machine. If this solves the problem, you should avoid installing that software or update it, whenever an update is available.
Method 3: Use third-party software to fix stop 0x000000f4 Blue Screen error
Using third party software like Smart Driver Care is another alternate way to fix BSoD 0x000000f4. If 0x000000f4 is caused due to incompatible or missing driver, Smart Driver Care can help. Smart Driver Care is an advanced tool to update outdated drivers. It takes a complete backup of drivers before updating them. Moreover, you can schedule an automatic driver scan to find the outdated driver and save yourself from facing BSoD 0x000000f4. To use Smart Driver Care, follow the steps below:
- Download and install Smart Driver Care.
- Run Smart Driver Care by clicking Start Scan Now button.
- Once the scan is finished, click on Update All to download and install updated and correct system drivers.
- Restart your computer to check if stop 0x000000f4 is fixed.
Method 4: Use chkdsk command to fix hard disk related issues
If you are facing stop 0x000000f4 due to hard disk errors follow the steps below:
- Type Command Prompt in the search box.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Next, in Command Prompt window type chkdsk/f and press Enter. Follow onscreen instructions to complete the process.
- Restart your Windows machine to check if the problem is fixed or not.
Using these above methods, you can fix 0x000000f4 Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10. We hope your problem was resolved. Do leave us a comment to know, which method worked for you