Snapchat is a social media platform that invented the trend of Story with its face filters, which has now become famous on Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp. The story can be a GIF, image or video that can be shown for 24 hours on a user account. It is a fun way to tell your Snapchat friends what you are up to. Sometimes you find your friend’s story fascinating, and you want to save it on your device. But Snapchat doesn’t allow you to save someone else’s Snapchat story. But, there is a workaround to get the video on your phone. Let’s know how to save Snapchat stories on Android & iPhone.
How do you save someone else’s Snapchat Story 2022?
Snapchat does not provide a direct tool to let you save someone’s Snapchat story. But if you are willing to take the extra mile, use the methods given below to have it saved on your phone.
Ways To Download/Save Someone Else’s Snapchat Story
Method 1: Use Snapchat Story Saver App
If you don’t want to use a screen recording app, you can get third-party apps on your device, iPhone or Android. We have listed some of the apps available on the App Store and Google Store, which claim to download someone else’s Snapchat Story.
Note: Snapchat doesn’t recommend using these apps regarding security, therefore apply these apps with caution.
Snapbox is an excellent way of saving someone else’s Snapchat story on Android or iPhone. The Snapchat Story saver app is now unavailable on App Store/Google Play Store as Snapchat has banned third-party apps. But you can download this app from here for iPhone and Android and follow these steps:
- Install Snapbox and launch the app on your device.
- Enter Snapchat login credentials to access.
- Locate the Story that you want to download and click Save.
You can also select the option to download Snapchat Stories to save them automatically from the app’s settings. Turn on this feature, save Snapchat Stories by just opening and they will be saved on your camera roll.
To record a Snapchat video, you need to install SnapSaver, a Snapchat Story downloader app available for Android. It helps you to save Snapchat Stories. Follow these steps:
- Download & install Snapsaver from Google Play Store.
- Launch SnapSaver and click on the video recorder icon.
- Open Snapchat and play the Story that you want to download
- Once the Story is played, close the video recorder by using its icon from the notification tray.
SnapCrack is a great way to download someone’s Snapchat story on your smartphone. The app is available for both Android and iOS. Follow these steps:
- Download and install SnapCrack.
- Log in to the app using Snapchat credentials. It will fetch essential data from Snapchat. It has a similar interface to Snapchat.
- You will get recent Stories or snaps by your contacts. Tap Save to save them on your phone’s memory.
Method 2: Use Screen Recorder To Save Snapchat Stories
With the launch of iOS 11, iPhone comes with an inbuilt screen recording app which makes screen recording quite simple. To turn on the screen recorder to work in a swipe & tap, you need to add it to the Control Centre and make downloading Snapchat videos easy.
To add a screen recording icon, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Control Centre.
- Tap “Customize Controls” and then navigate to Screen Recording icon and tap + button.
- Now screen recording will show up on Control Centre.
- Get the screen recorder turned on with a swipe and tap, and follow these steps to download the Snapchat story.
- Go to the Snapchat video that you want to download, swipe up to get Control Centre. Tap Screen Recording icon.
- The screen recording will initiate, followed by a 3-second countdown. A red bar on the top of the screen will come up, which means it is recording.
- Once the story is recorded, close Snapchat, tap on the red bar to stop the recording.
Note: You can also swipe up to get Control Centre and tap on the Screen recording icon to stop it.
The recording will be saved in Photos.
How do you save other people’s Snapchat videos on Android?
Here is the method to save Snapchat videos on Android. We use a screen recording application, and this is the best method to do so. One can also use the inbuilt screen recorder which is commonly available in the latest devices. However, there are other methods which make it possible to screen record the Snapchat story anonymously.
If your Android device doesn’t come with an inbuilt screen recording app, you need to turn to third-party tools on Google Play Store. One of the best screen recording apps on Android is AZ Screen Recorder – No Root.
You need to download and install AZ Screen Recorder from Google Play Store and follow these steps to save Snapchat stories:
- Open AZ Screen Recorder and tap the Record video icon.
- Launch Snapchat and go to Story that you want to download on Snapchat.
- Play the Story and let it play until the end.
- Click the recording icon to stop the recording or press Stop from the notification tray.
Also Read: How To Get More Views On Snapchat
Method 3: Use QuickTime Recording on Mac To Save Snapchat Stories
If you have a Mac, you can use QuickTime player to record a video of Snapchat’s screen. This method will help you save the Snapchat story without notifying the user. Follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
2. Launch QuickTime.
3. Click File and then New Movie Recording.
4. Locate the arrow button beside Record and change the source to the iPhone.
5. Click the Record button and go to the snap or Snapchat story that you want to download.
6. Once recorded, click the Record button to stop recording save the video and it is done!
7. Save the video, and it is done!
So, in this way, you can download Snapchat stories on your iPhone and Android. Try any of these to save Snapchat Stories in your Photo gallery. For iPhone, we recommend you use the default screen recorder and AZ screen recorder app for Android to download stories on Snapchat.
How do you save someone else’s Snapchat to your camera roll?
There are various ways to download someone else’s Snapchat story to your phone. It can be saved on the desired location as per your phone settings. For the iPhone, it is shown to be saved in the Photos album. For Android, it will be saved in the separate folder assigned to the application. However, you can move it to the Camera roll folder. Meanwhile, you can also use some of these Snapchat tricks to get popular.
So, these were the tricks on how to download or save someone else’s snapchat story on android & iPhone. What do you think? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below. There are also ways to view Snapchat stories without them knowing and to save it. Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.