PDFs are used by people from all walks of life – students, professionals, businesses, government agencies, the list is endless. But, since time is not everyone’s friend, there are instances, when readers have to be smart enough to skim through PDFs in a way that they can grasp the important information only. Instead of having to read through the entire PDF, one can use various navigation tools to jump to specific sections or pages that are of the most relevance.
And, that’s what this post is all about, here we are to discuss a few tools in a PDF editing tool with which you will be able to navigate around PDFs smoothly. For the purpose of this post, we will take the example of Systweak PDF Editor which is one of the best PDF editing tools for Windows –
How To Use Systweak PDF Editor For A Smooth Reading Experience
Here are some tips for navigating PDFs using a PDF editing tool like Systweak PDF Editor. You can get Systweak PDF Editor here –
Method No. 1 – Use The Search Bar And The Navigation Bar
One of the best ways of navigating PDFs is to use its search bar. For instance, Systweak PDF Editor comes with a search and navigation bar with which you can –
- Find specific words and phrases in your PDF document. Once you enter the word or phrase in the search bar, the PDF editor will highlight all the instances of that phrase or word in the entire document. Along with the navigation bar at the top, you navigate through each of these instances.
- Using the navigation bar, you can enter the precise page that you want to jump to. This way you can head to your desired instead of going through page by page.
Method No. 2 – Navigate Using Bookmarks
With Systweak PDF Editor you can add specific signposts that allow you to directly jump to specific sections of your document. To create a bookmark, follow the steps mentioned below –
Step 1 – From the left-hand pane, click on Bookmarks.
Step 2 – Head to the page that you want to bookmark and then, click on the + sign as shown in the screenshot below. You can also rename your bookmark so that you can get the context of the bookmarked section.
Step 3 – You can also annotate a section and then bookmark it so that it is easier to find the exact section you are looking for. For example, you can highlight a paragraph and then bookmark that page.
Method No. 3 – Zoom In And Out For Better Clarity
At the top of Systweak PDF Editor, you can find the zoom-in and out feature that can be helpful in various instances while you are navigating your PDF –
- You can zoom out of a PDF document and see all the pages of the PDF document at once. In case you are working with a long complex PDF, you can zoom out and see the entire document.
- In case the text of your PDF is too small, you can zoom in and make the text larger for better visibility. This will further help you in finding the information you are looking for.
- If you are interested in a specific area and looking for information, you can zoom into that area and ignore the rest of the document.
Method No. 4 – Navigate Using Thumbnails
In case your PDF comprises 100s of pages, it would be difficult for you to go through each page if you are searching for something in particular. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could at least get an approximate idea of what each page is all about?
Here is what we mean – You can view the various pages of your PDF in the form of thumbnails. This way, you can at least get an approximate context about what each page would have on it. The thumbnails show you a preview of the page. You can easily ascertain if the page is relevant with respect to the information you are searching for.
In Systweak PDF Editor, click on Pages from the left-hand pane. You can now click on each of the page thumbnails to view the PDF page further.
Method No. 5 – Use The Various Viewing Modes
To view PDFs on Windows in a better manner, you can take the help of a variety of viewing modes.
Talking of which Systweak PDF editor offers 5 viewing modes namely – Actual Size, Fit Width, Fit Page, Scrolling View, and Single View. Let’s have a look at how these viewing modes can help make your navigation smooth and hassle-free –
- Actual Size – Here you can see the document as it was intended to be seen.
- Fit Width – This view gives you better clarity than the “Actual Size” viewing mode.
- Fit Page – This view helps get a broader view of the document. You can combine it with the zoom-in and out feature for a better viewing experience.
- Scrolling View – When you use this view, you can easily scroll through the entire document, something you’d find beneficial if you are reading long documents.
- Single View – It displays one page at a time.
Master PDF Navigation For Effortless And Efficient Reading
We’d again like to reinstate the importance of smartly reading your PDF documents so that you can get the most out of them. In other words, it isn’t just about how to read PDFs on Windows but it is also about how to read PDFs so that you can extract maximum advantage from them. In that, a third-party PDF editing tool such as Systweak PDF Editor can be of great help.
We regularly come up with tips, tricks, and suggestions revolving around software and apps across devices. So, stay tuned to WeTheGeek for more. You can also reach out to us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Flipboard.