The Best PDF Reader Software for Windows PC is the one that allows you to view, edit, annotate, share and even sign documents easily. Although PDFs were created so that no content can be altered, there is now a variety of Paid & Free Editors available in the market that can help you to manage, manipulate, split, merge, and convert PDFs according to users’ preferences.
While if you just want to open and read a PDF document, the very first thing that comes to mind is the web browsers. They usually have an inbuilt PDF reader these days! However, if you need features to add digital signatures, fill forms, or protect them, you need advanced PDF Reader Software.
Do not forget to check out these PDF Management Applications For Other Platforms:
(Best of 2022): 11 Fastest PDF Readers For Windows 10, 8, 7 PC
Since the market is packed with hundreds of Desktop PDF Management Tools and some cost almost a thousand dollars per year, we sifted through the Internet to introduce you to the Best Free PDF Readers for Windows.
1. Advanced PDF Manager
If you are on a hunt for a fast PDF reader, so that you can open and read your personal/professional PDF documents, then choose none other than Advanced PDF Manager. Designed and developed by Systweak Software, the program allows users to open, view, print, create, split, merge, rotate, move, remove, and duplicate PDF pages in a couple of clicks. Not only this, but using this fast PDF Reader Software for Windows, one can easily safeguard their confidential documents with strong passwords.
- Modern & straightforward dashboard.
- Multiple PDF Viewing Modes for a consistent reading experience.
- Excellent PDF page reordering & organizing capabilities.
- Merge & split PDFs of any size without any hiccups.
- One of the fastest PDF viewers to read & manage single or multiple PDFs.
- Lacks compatibility with other OS other than Windows.
|Price: Free/$39.95 + Lifetime free access for Photo Organizer | Try Advanced PDF Manager!|
2. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Undoubtedly one of the most popular Windows PDF Reader of all time is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The program helps users access, view, and edit PDFs anytime, anywhere. Acrobat Reader has a pleasing interface and isn’t overloaded with flashy features in one place. You will find options to fill forms, convert PDFs to other file formats, add comments and even sign documents without any hassles. To take advantage of more tools like manipulating and combining documents, you need to switch to the Premium version of this best PDF reader for Windows 10.
- Hide any unnecessary menus and switch to full screen.
- Settings like character casing, bookmarks, and comments.
- Supports extraction of words and images.
- This quick PDF reader offers multiple viewing modes (to reduce eye strain).
- The export function has a relatively slow speed.
|Price: Free, PRO Version = $15/month | Try Acrobat Reader DC!|
3. EaseUS PDF Editor
Comparatively a new entrant in the category of Best PDF Editing Software (2022), EaseUS PDF Editor works brilliantly, as it provides a robust set of functionalities like document editing, converting, merging, splitting, e-signing, watermarking, adding strong encryption, and more. Besides this, with the help of this all-in-one PDF Maker, Reader, Editor, you can even take advantage of tools to insert text, reorder pages, extract images, crop a PDF, edit scanned documents, compress them, and so on. It’s one of the best PDF readers for Windows 11,10 OS versions to use in 2022.
- Clean and easy-to-use dashboard.
- Supports converting PDFs into 10+ file formats.
- 256-bit AES encryption & document security options.
- Uses OCR technology to make scanned docs editable.
- Value of money, especially when you go with lifetime licensing.
- The free version of PDF Editing Tool adds a watermark.
|Price: Free, PRO Version = $19.95/month | Try EaseUs PDF Editor!|
4. Foxit Reader
If you are looking for a robust & fastest PDF Reader for Windows 10, 8, 7, and other versions, choose none other than Foxit Reader. The free PDF Manager tool is comparatively lightweight to Acrobat Reader and offers tons of options to create, share and protect PDFs on the cloud. The lightweight PDF reader for Windows 10 even supports collaborating with your friends, colleagues – – simply grant the access, and you can keep track of who opened the doc, edit it, and view all their activities in real-time. Foxit Reader is a Google Docs of PDF Readers for Windows
- Has a Full-Screen Mode for a better viewing experience.
- This quick PDF reader supports drawing & adding signatures as well.
- Allows you to open multiple PDF files, each in separate tabs.
- The GUI does not seem crowded, making it the Best PDF Reader Software.
- The trial version is different after updates are initiated.
|Price: Free | Try Foxit Reader!|
5. Javelin PDF Reader
Javelin is a good PDF Reader Software that delivers a fantastic reading experience with the fastest performance with all the basic features to handle your PDF files. You can launch any PDF file in Full Screen to enhance your reading experience and you can utilize the search functionality to locate specific keywords and phrases without any hiccups. To read multiple pages, you just need to click the screen and you can move up and down the files. On the darker side, it’s a very basic PDF Reader that lacks tools for editing and converting PDFs. Though, this lightweight PDF reader Windows 10 is a good choice for freelancers!
- With its Mobile Version, you can manage metadata as well.
- This fast PDF reader comes with lots of advanced encryption tools.
- Supports text-to-speech conversion, making it the best PDF reader software.
- This quick pdf reader is available for Windows, Mac, iOS & Android.
- Occasional clunky performance.
- Complicated installation process.
|Price: Free, Paid plans start from $199/Year | Try Javelin PDF Reader!|
6. Google Drive
If you want to access, read and take notes on PDFs instantly, Google Drive is the Best Free PDF Reader available for you. You can open, view, convert, and share any of your PDF Files across the cloud on the platform. It’s the best & free PDF Reader for anyone who has a Google account (which probably we all have) and just needs to read, edit, print PDF files quickly online. Additionally, you can rely on this online PDF Reader to convert your files into an editable doc format with just a few clicks.
- Straightforward & clean interface.
- Store videos, PDFs, presentations, and photos.
- Fastest PDF viewer with the support for SSL encryption.
- Allows you to access your docs from anywhere.
- While using the drive, we need to be connected to the Internet.
|Price: Free, Paid plans start from $1.99 per month | Try Google Drive!|
7. Slim PDF Reader
Next on our list of Fastest PDF Readers for Windows 10, 8, and 7 is Slim PDF. It assists users to access and read PDF documents without taking up much space on their computers. It’s one of the best PDF readers for Windows 10/11 that allows users to edit, share, search multiple files and print the desirable PDFs according to their needs. Unlike other free PDF Readers, Slim PDF Reader supports dark mode so that even long hours of reading won’t strain your eyes. It’s one of the best & lightweight PDF readers for Windows 10 majorly used by students!
- World’s smallest desktop PDF reader.
- Best Portable PDF Reader Software, suitable for every type of user.
- Has a good response time, in comparison to other PDF viewing programs.
- Supports several languages, making it the Best PDF Reader Software.
- Doesn’t support many popular keyboard shortcuts.
- No highlighting of text is possible with Slim PDF Reader.
|Price: Free | Try Slim PDF Reader!|
8. Expert PDF Reader
Another free PDF manager you can choose for your Windows is Expert PDF Reader. In terms of appearance, it will give you the feeling of old MS Office Apps. And talking about the features, using this simple PDF Reader you can handle almost every kind of document. It further gives you the options for annotating, adding rubber stamps, etc. You can easily bookmark your favourite files and utilize the tabs functionality to view multiple PDF documents consecutively. Get this fast PDF reader on your device and do share your experience with the utility in the comments section below!
- Lightweight PDF Reader doesn’t consume many
- Allows you to read, edit, annotate & sign documents.
- Easily print your favourite PDF files.
- This quick PDF reader supports older Windows versions as well.
- Limited features as compared to other Free PDF Readers.
|Price: Free | Try Expert PDF Reader!|
9. Nitro Reader
It’s a powerful free PDF Reader that brings a perfect blend of useful features to read, annotate and convert files into a variety of formats without any hiccups. Nitro Reader has a clear interface with optional touchscreen mode, giving it an extra edge over other fastest PDF Reader Software for Windows 10, 8, and 7 PC. Using this fastest PDF viewer program, you can add comments to documents before sharing them with others.
- You can highlight, underline and strikethrough
- Allows you to convert other file types to PDF.
- Supports extracting images from documents.
- Customize the top toolbar for quicker access.
- Lacks tool to edit the document text (with free version).
- Requires you to register.
|Price: Free version available; Plans start from $159/user | Try Nitro Reader!|
10. PDF-XChange Editor
Our list of Best PDF Reader Software (2022) is incomplete without mentioning PDF-XChange Editor. Recently, the tool has been completely revamped and simplified to enhance the user’s experience while handling multiple PDF documents. It is a lightweight PDF reader for Windows 10 and provides the fastest experience when it comes to reading, annotating, extracting photos/text, or printing documents. The only downside is that it doesn’t have the basic editing feature in the free version.
- Feature-rich, yet well-organized and user-friendly interface.
- Allows you to edit PDF files by attaching notes.
- Supports adding comments before sharing files.
- Bookmark and edit images with this quick PDF reader.
- Best portable PDF Reader for Windows.
- Watermark on the output.
|Price: Free, Paid plans start from $46.50 | Try PDF-XChange Editor!|
11. Sumatra PDF Reader
Individuals who need the fast PDF reader for windows 10 to view PDFs in a variety of modes should consider Sumatra PDF Reader. The utility allows users to access and read their documents in a single window, in a book format, or even as a presentation. Not only this, but using this fastest PDF Reader for Windows you can open and manage files like EPUB, MOBI, FB2, CHM, XPS, and DjVu. It doesn’t consume a lot of system resources but, on the downside, it lacks certain useful functionalities like adding signatures, annotations, and so on.
- Best open-source PDF reader software.
- The user interface of the program is plain and simple.
- Supports the “drag and drop” method to open PDFs.
- Ability to change the orientation of files.
- Top-notch PDF viewer, also available as a portable app.
- The optimization controls are not that efficient.
|Price: Free | Try Sumatra PDF Reader!|
Conclusion: Tips On Choosing The Right PDF Reader Software For Windows (2022)
Well, if you want a reliable yet powerful PDF Reading application for your Windows system, keep in mind the following factors:
- The free versions are useful for Beginners only with limited functionalities. If you are a novice and want the Fastest PDF Reader for viewing & basic editing, then choose Advanced PDF Manager.
- Select a PDF Viewing & Reading Tool that has a clear interface to ease the entire navigation process. You can try using Foxit Reader for an excellent viewing experience.
- For advanced use, choose a free PDF Reader that offers features for editing, annotating, sharing & more. Expert PDF Reader is a top-notch choice to enjoy these functionalities.
- Choose a Windows PDF Reader that has high compatibility with all popular file formats. Try using Google Drive or Nitro for handling different kinds of files.
Hope you found our today’s Top 11 List for Best PDF Reader Software useful. If you have any queries drop them below and you can also share your valuable feedback on our Social Media Handles – Facebook & Instagram.
Frequently Asked Questions: Fastest PDF Reading Apps For Windows 10 PC
Q1. Which is the best PDF reader for Windows?
Adobe Acrobat Reader is certainly the best free PDF viewer & reader tool. In the paid category, you can go for PDFElement by Wondershare. It has all the potential features needed for reading, editing, annotating, signing PDFs, and more.
Q2. Is there a free PDF reader for Windows 10?
Well, we have shared a comprehensive list of the Best Free PDF Reading Programs for Windows. The best options among the glut are Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, Javelin, Nitro, Slim PDF Reader, and so on.
Q3. How do I get Adobe Acrobat Reader for free on Windows 10?
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the free global standard for effortless viewing, annotating, printing, and signing documents. You can click here to get the tool!
Q4. What is the difference between Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader?
Adobe Reader is a free PDF management program that allows users to access, read PDFs and other portable document file formats. On the other hand, Adobe Acrobat is a paid version of the Reader with additional functionalities to print, protect and manipulate PDF Files.