Why Are WhatsApp Notifications No Longer Working? At times, notifications don’t have any sound while other times it doesn’t show message preview.
Well, there could be several reasons behind the issue. It can be due to a recent WhatsApp update, unstable Internet connection, data restrictions, app caches or maybe firmware problems. Either way, it’s an annoying problem that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
Here in this post, we’ll discuss seven efficient tips to fix the “Not getting WhatsApp notifications” issue on your Android device.
7 Tips To Fix “WhatsApp Notification Not Showing” Problem
Before you begin with any of the fixes to solve the “WhatsApp Online Notification Not Showing” problem, make sure you:
1. Turn on the Wi-Fi or Mobile Data & you’re in a good network environment.
2. Restart your Android device, this sounds quite simple to be true but most of the time, it does wonders.
If rebooting your smartphone doesn’t help in fixing the WhatsApp Notification not receiving problem, try applying the following workarounds:
Also Read: How To Send Large Videos On WhatsApp
Tip 1 – Enable Notification Sound & Vibration
In case you’re getting notifications from other applications but just not WhatsApp, then chances are you might not have ‘Enabled Notifications on WhatsApp or Settings’.
To check or turn on Sound & Vibration for notifications:
- Open WhatsApp on your device > tap on the three-dots at the top-right corner & visit Settings.
- Tap on Notifications > Toggle on the Conversations tones. You can set the length of the vibration either Default, Short or Long.
You can find the same settings for Group Chats down below. Also make sure the option, ‘Use high priority notifications’ are enabled.
Tip 2 – Disable Power Saving Mode
Power Saving Mode disables all the network connections and activities on your device. So, if you have an activated Power Saving Mode, then note that the ‘WhatsApp Notification’ feature would be disabled automatically. Hence, you’ll not be able to receive any notification from any app.
To turn off Power Saving Mode on Android, follow the steps below:
- Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode.
- Toggle off the button if the feature is enabled!
Note: Path to Power Saving Mode can differ from device to device. You can make use of the Search feature in Settings, to reach the right location.
Tip 3 – Allows Access To All The WhatsApp Permissions
If the above tips have failed to solve your issue of ‘not getting WhatsApp Notifications’, try checking other settings. Make sure that WhatsApp gets access to all the permissions to work properly. Because there might be a probability that not having complete access is creating problems of not receiving notification tones or WhatsApp cameras not working etc.
To allow WhatsApp to have access to all the permissions:
- Go to Phone Settings.
- Applications > find WhatsApp from the list & tap on Permissions.
- Simply toggle on all the permissions & let WhatsApp function smoothly.
Tip 4 – Do Not Restrict Background Data
If the app notifications are being delayed for particularly WhatsApp, then it might be the ‘Disabled Background Data’ feature that is restricting the proper functioning.
- Open device’s Settings > Apps & Notifications.
- Look for Data Usage & tap on WhatsApp.
- Make sure that the option ‘Background data’ is enabled!
This will ensure that your WhatsApp background data is enabled & you will receive all the notifications from time to time.
Tip 5 – Clear WhatsApp Caches
WhatsApp caches help the messenger to run faster. But when it is accumulated to a certain amount, it may start triggering several annoying issues. So, it’s recommended to clear the app cached data to fix the problem “WhatsApp notification not showing”.
To clear WhatsApp Caches, all you have to do is:
- Go to Phone Settings.
- Locate Apps or Application Manager > Go to WhatsApp & click on the Clear Cache & Clear Data button.
- Once you’ve removed the WhatsApp cached data, check if the notification issue is still occurring.
If yes, then you need to try using a dedicated WhatsApp Cleaner to identify & delete useless junk files that are creating unnecessary clutter & annoying problems. Make some extra space & boost device performance in a click!
Tip 6 – Reset WhatsApp Notifications
Resetting your WhatsApp Notifications will probably help you to go back to the default messenger when everything was working normally. This will switch back to original default values. See, if it helps you fix the “WhatsApp notification not showing” error!
To reset WhatsApp Notifications on Android:
- Launch WhatsApp Messenger & tap on the three-dots icon at the top-right to open Settings!
- Go to Notifications > tap on the three-dot icon again > hit the option “Reset Notification Settings”.
Tip 7 – Logout From WhatsApp Web
There’s a hidden reason for not getting WhatsApp notifications on your device. If you’ve been logged in on your desktop using WhatsApp web & have forgotten to log out, the notifications would rather be sent on your PC than on the app.
Try logging out of WhatsApp Web to see if it resolves the WhatsApp notification not showing the problem:
- Open WhatsApp > tap on three-dots icon > tap on WhatsApp Web.
- Choose the option ‘Log out from all devices’ to make sure you sign out from everywhere where you have used your WhatsApp account.
You can miss urgent messages if you do not receive WhatsApp Notifications timely. So, try using these aforementioned methods to resolve the “WhatsApp notification not showing” problem.
Did we miss any other important tip that helped you to fix the problem on your phone? Share it with us in the comment section below. You can also drop a line on our social media channels.