Apps installed on your Android device along with Chrome and other browsers save information. This helps reduce page load and application load time. But over time, as these files get collected, they only clutter the device. Therefore, if you are looking for a way to speed up your device’s performance or free up a little storage space, you certainly need to clear app cache on Android. This clearing of the cache will also help with website behavior.
You can do it manually, but it will be time-consuming. If you don’t trust me, try it yourself.
What Is Cached Data?
For instance, when you use a game, you can resume it from where you left. Right? But how does this happen? Cached data makes it possible. The same is the case with browsers. When you use the Chrome browser to access a website for the first time, it takes time, but after that, the page loads faster. Have you noticed it?
App and browser cached data makes it possible. But when you don’t clear this cached data regularly, you might face issues with the app’s behavior. Therefore, keeping both app and browser cache optimized from time to time is important.
This can be done both manually and automatically. Here we explain how that’s done in no time.
How To Clear Cache In The Chrome – Android
1. Launch Google Chrome on your Android device
2. Tap the three dots at the top right corner.
3. From this dropdown menu tap Settings.
4. Next, scroll down to find the Advanced section. Here, tap Privacy.
5. You’ll now be redirected to a new window. Here tap Clear browsing data option.
6. Now, simply select the data you want to remove. Choose once tap Clear data.
7. In addition to this, to change the time duration, tap the down arrow next to the Last hour. (the default options against Time range). Select the desired date > Clear data.
This is all using these simple steps you can remove browser cache. But wait, what about cached data?
How To Remove App Cache?
As explained above, both browser and app cache data, and it’s not always useful. Sometimes it creates a whole lot of problems. Therefore, alongside removing browser cache, you need to delete App cache also. To do so, follow the steps below:
Note: Clearing app cache doesn’t mean you are removing any account information or any important file.
Steps To Remove App Cache
1. Go to the Settings menu on your device.
2. Scroll down and look for the Apps section.
Note: The option might be slightly different. As Android is open and can be customized you might see other options on different Android phone.
3. Next, select the app for which you want to clear cached data.
4. This will open a new screen with app Usage details.
5. Here, tap Storage > Clear cache.
This will clear the app cache from your device. If you are asked to confirm the action, make sure you tap Ok.
This way you can clear App Cache and browser cache manually. But remember you will have to do it for each app and browser.
Note: If you are using an Android device without external storage, you will not get an option to select between internal and external storage.
Well, I don’t think you have this much time. So, here’s an easy way.
Try using smart phone cleaner. This app not only helps clean cache but it also deletes junk files, duplicates, shows WhatsApp images, and a lot more. You can say it is an Android phone optimizer. To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install smart phone cleaner – Speed Booster & Optimizer
2. Once installed, open it and grant permission to access photos, media, and files. This will help detect and delete duplicates.
3. Next, if you want to optimize your Android in a single tap use Tap To Boost.
4. In addition to this, tap the Junk Files option and wait for it to scan your Android device.
5. You’ll now see details about cached data, select it and clean the data.
This way, you can clear cached data. In addition to this, you can perform different operations by tapping other modules.
This is it. Using this one-tap booster, you can clear cache from Android and can optimize your phone.
The Final Word On How To Remove App Cache On Android?
Now, if you are thinking about how often you should clear cache then let me tell you should do it once in 15 days or a month. You don’t need to do it daily. The next time you face any speed issues on your Android device or want to free up some space use smart phone cleaner. This best Android optimizer will help fix things in no time. Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.