ExpressVPN is a reputable name in the industry of Best VPN Providers and is used by several individuals around the world. But how well does it perform? Read all about ExpressVPN: Features, Pros, Cons, Price, Speed Tests, Customer Reviews & more. If you are impatient enough to read the entire guide, you can skip to the section – Do We Recommend ExpressVPN?
|OVERVIEW: ExpressVPN||Related Info.|
|Based In||The British Virgin Islands|
|Locations||160 & 94 Countries|
|Number of Servers||3000+|
|Free Trial||7-Days (For Android & iOS Only)|
|Logs||No Logs of User Activity|
|Customer Support||Instant Live Chat & Email|
|Compatibility||Windows, Mac, Android & iOS|
|Money-Back Guarantee||30 Days|
Short On Time? Read What Matters The Most!
Does ExpressVPN Work With Netflix, BBC iPlayer & Other Services?
Yes! While testing the VPN Service, I started with the US & UK Netflix libraries and I could stream both of them successfully. Moreover, I was able to unlock the geo-restricted HD content easily on different servers.
Stream Freely With ExpressVPN
Does ExpressVPN Keep Logs?
Well, the company’s log policy states that it keeps no logs of any user activity or connection, such as online traffic, websites visited, DNS queries & so on.
How Good Is ExpressVPN For Torrenting?
While not heavily promoted on the website or any other forums, every VPN Server by ExpressVPN is optimized for P2P Sharing. There are also no caps on the data transfer, hence you will never have your connection throttled.
What Devices Work With ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN proffers the services for numerous devices than any other VPN provider. You can run ExpressVPN on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Kindle Fire & Nook, Google Chrome, Safari & Firefox. You can connect five devices at once.
Introducing – ExpressVPN
We do not collect logs of your activity, including no logging of browsing history, traffic destination, data content, or DNS queries. We also never store connection logs, meaning no logs of your IP address, your outgoing VPN IP address, connection timestamp, or session duration.
Talking about the dashboard, ExpressVPN offers a straightforward interface that instantly makes you feel at home. An easy-to-navigate On/Off button, allows you to immediately activate the service when needed. It even shows a clear status of the Current Server and an option to Choose a new location. When you look at the System Tray, you’ll notice your ‘last three locations’, so that you can quickly connect to the desired one, without opening the whole VPN client again.
It is worth noting that ExpressVPN proffers 3000+ servers in 160 locations. Well, that is certainly a great number. But there are some excellent VPN clients like Systweak VPN that have more than 4500+ servers in numerous locations.
Privacy & Security: ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN scrambles and encrypts your traffic in a way so that your ISP can’t read it or log your online activity ever. Most of the VPN protocols are supported by ExpressVPN, including OpenVPN, which is the gold standard of the VPN software. Hence, you get the ideal combo of speed, security, and performance in a single package.
- Encryption Standards = Uses 256-bit AES, so that you can surf the Internet with sheer confidence, knowing that all your activity is safeguarded.
- Zero-logs policy = Company claims that it stores no logs of user activities, originating IP Address, the VPN IP you are connected to, the session duration, or a connection timestamp.
- Kill Switch = Aka Network Lock, a crucial feature that ensures your data never gets compromised, even if the VPN gets disconnected by any chance.
- DNS Protection = While testing the product, I found the ExpressVPN redirected all of my requests to the correct place, without leaking any of my data or information.
- Servers Running In RAM-Disk Mode = ExpressVPN is currently the only VPN service I know as of now, which runs all its servers in RAM-Disk mode. In layman’s terms, it means that a VPN provider doesn’t use any hard drives with its server network.
- Blocks WebRTC Leaks = Eliminates the privacy risk that can reveal your real IP Address.
- Split Tunnelling = Allow you to create a list of apps that can go through the VPN tunnel and can bypass the VPN via unencrypted Internet.
- Support For Tor & Torrenting = Using ExpressVPN with Tor gives you the toughest security
- Unlimited Bandwidth = Stream & download as much content as you want without any bandwidth restrictions.
- Dedicated VPN Router App = To get an unlimited number of connections with your VPN.
- Reliable Mobile Apps = Convenient choice for faster download speeds, seamless transition between different networks, and improved battery life.
- Secure Browser Extensions = Convenient add-ons are available for popular browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox & Edge. So, you can easily switch locations.
- Educational Features = Runs dedicated blog forum, a trust center, a speed test system, how-to stream guides, and more to help you know about the product in detail.
Must-Read: Is There A Need To Use VPN At Home?
Here are the major highlights offered by ExpressVPN to help you stay secure.
|Encryption||AES-256 Cipher with RSA-4096 key & SHA-512 HMAC authentication|
|Protocols||OpenVPN, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec, PPTP, UDP & TCP|
|Kill Switch||Yes, ExpressVPN refers it to as Network Lock (Currently available with Windows, macOS, Linux & Routers)|
|Max. Number of Devices||5|
|Prevents WebRTC & DNS Leaks||Yes|
|Servers & Countries||3000+ in 160 Locations in 94 Countries|
|Streaming||Netflix, BBC iPlayer Hulu & more|
|DNS Leak Protection||Yes, traffic is sent through encrypted tunnels, giving complete protection against DNS leaks.|
Pros & Cons: ExpressVPN
Here’s a summary of what we liked and didn’t while using ExpressVPN.
- Strong encryption & good security features.
- No data leaks.
- Follows Zero-logs policy.
- Large & secure server network.
- Available as apps, software & extensions.
- Supports Split Tunnelling feature.
- Dedicated VPN router app (for unlimited connections).
- Excellent for streaming geo-restricted services.
- Suitable for torrenting & downloading.
- Excellent technical support.
- Reliable refund policy.
- Occasional dropped connections.
- Above-average pricing models.
- Fewer features as compared to other Top VPN Solutions.
- May be challenging for inexperienced users.
How To Setup ExpressVPN?
Setting up ExpressVPN is truly a straightforward process. For this guide, we are showing how you can install ExpressVPN for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11.
STEP 1- Navigate to the ExpressVPN Account Dashboard where you need to enter your credentials and click on the Sign In button.
STEP 2- Simply enter the verification code sent to your email address.
STEP 3- You are all set to Download the setup for your Windows PC OR Laptop. Keep a note of the Activation Code from the mail. You’ll be needing it further in the Setup process.
Use Activation Code
STEP 4- To Start using ExpressVPN on your Windows PC or laptop, you need to give the Activation Code when asked. So, copy the code! You can press the icon, highlighted in the screenshot below.
STEP 5- At this step, double-click on the setup file and click on the Install button to start the process. A pop-up like below will appear on your screen. Here you need to Paste the copied Activation Code for ExpressVPN. Click on the green button – Continue to complete the process.
Launch On Startup
STEP 6- Another pop-up will appear on your screen, asking whether you would like to automatically launch ExpressVPN on Startup. If yes, then you can click on the OK button, otherwise hit the No Thanks button, and proceed.
Establish Connection With ExpressVPN
STEP 7- From the main dashboard, you can click the On Button to let ExpressVPN connect to a VPN server according to your preferred location.
STEP 8- Buy default, ExpressVPN shows locations that can provide you an optimal experience. You can alter it according to your needs and preferences. Once you are connected, a screen like below will be shown to you. Hence, you can start surfing the Internet securely and anonymously!
You can get the Setup Tutorials for devices like Mac, Android, Linux, iOS, Chromebook, Browsers, and for other Streaming Media Consoles at ExpressVPN’s Support Page!
Pricing Models: ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN offers three different models that can be purchased Monthly, 6-Month Plan & for Yearly.
Payment Methods: ExpressVPN accepts Credit cards, PayPal, Bitcoin, or Paymentwall. Additionally, it follows a 30-day money-back guarantee policy. Hence, you can easily get your investment back, if you are not satisfied with the product.
Trustworthiness: Trustpilot & Reddit Customer Reviews
To help you make the right decision, we are concluding our Review with some recent testimonials by users on Trustpilot & Reddit.
Tech Support: ExpressVPN
You can contact the ExpressVPN Support Team at any time through their Live Chat portal. Additionally, you can check out their Troubleshoot Now section or Get Instructions channel to know in-depth knowledge about the VPN provider. You can even check out their Video Tutorials section for help!
There is no doubt that ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPNs out there. The question lies – how fast? When we tried to connect to nearby servers we observed a drop of 7% in the speed and a drop of approximately 28% when we tried to connect to far away locations. As compared to many other competitors, the speed drop is still less.
Do We Recommend ExpressVPN?
Totally! ExpresssVPN’s speed and performance had earned it a spot as one of the Best VPN Solutions in the market. It follows strict policies to protect customer data and user privacy. It works in a hassle-free way to access geo-restricted content, be it on Netflix, Hulu, or any other popular streaming site. It offers a huge selection of applications for multiple kinds of devices that are well-designed, secure, and user-friendly. What’s worth noting is that it has a secure network with all the servers running in RAM-disk mode, which truly helps ExpressVPN to outshine in the market!
Editorial’s Choice – Systweak VPN
Top Five Popular VPN Service Providers (2023)
|VPN Providers||SystweakVPN||Surfshark||NordVPN||Hotspot Shield VPN||CyberGhost VPN|
|Suitable For||General Users||Security Maximalists||Brand Loyalists||Access Geo-Blocked Content||General Users|
|500 Servers & More||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supports P2P Or BitTorrent||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supports AES-256 Encryption||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OS Compatibility||Windows||Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Windows, Mac, Linux & FireStick||Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Windows, Mac & Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Android TV & Chrome Extension||Android, iOS, Windows, Mac & Linux|
|Doesn’t Log Activity||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supports >= 5 Simultaneous Connections||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Reviews||Systweak VPN||Surfshark||NordVPN||Hotspot Shield||CyberGhost VPN|