Competing against several other cars or bikes in a race has a thrill of its own. Those hyper-realistic cars, challenging tracks, spine chilling stunts, varying camera angles, all these things, and much more keep you on the edge of your seats. Even if you haven’t driven a car or bike in your life, you can still master the racing track by downloading some of the best free racing games on Windows 10 PC or laptop. So, what are we waiting for?
Strap on your seatbelts while we take you on a ride to some of the best free offline and online racing games that you can download on your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
But, Before Gearing Up For The Ultimate Racing Experience
Why not take all the distractions out of the way. You would not want any external applications to pop up every now and then and hamper your gaming experience. So, here’s a software which help you remove all such distractions and enhance your gaming experience. Advanced System Optimizer (ASO) is a great tool that lets you enjoy your gameplay in a distraction-free environment by letting you run your games on a sandbox mode.
You can read the complete review of Advanced System Optimizer here
List Of 10 Best Free To Download Racing Games For Windows 10 PC: Offline & Online
1. Asphalt 8: Airborne
Asphalt 8 from Gameloft is already loved by over 350 million users worldwide, and needless to say, it is one of the best free racing games for Windows 10 PC. If you are an avid gamer who loves racing games, Asphalt 8 will keep you on edge with its responsive controls and stunning graphics. The out of the world virtual racing tracks, the response between cars and jumps that don’t just defy gravity but even physics would keep your adrenalin rush high. And, the best part of it all, the game’s available for free.
- More than 220 car models – McLaren, Chevrolet, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Lotus, Tesla, Dodge, Audi, Ferrari, you name it!
- 40+ high-speed tracks which defy gravity
- 5 unique game modes, more than 400 career events, and 1500 challenges
- Real-time multiplayer racing where you challenge up to 12 opponents
Take The Experience To Your Android Smartphones With Best Offline Racing Games For Android
2. Forza Motorsport 6: Apex
Forza Motorsport 6 is one of the best free racing games for Windows 10 PC, provided you have a PC that can handle it. You would need a minimum of 8 GB of RAM and 2 GB of video RAM and a graphic card equivalent to NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 or AMD Radeon R7 250 X. Also, your Windows 10 PC should run OS version 1607 and should support Direct X 12. If you have all such specs in place, you will enjoy graphics in 4K resolution. And, if you are online, you can take advantage of the XBOX goodness – unlock achievements, chat with friends (on-voice and through text) and record live moments.
- Over 60 Forzavista™ cars that span across several automotive interests like touring, hatch, exotics, muscles, GT racing, hypercars, and track toys
- ForzaTech™ engine brings out the maximum detail of each vehicle. You are, therefore, able to feel the uniqueness of each car
- Customize your gaming experience for not just keyboard and mouse but for even racing wheels and myriad gaming pads
- Forza Motorsport 6 comes with Forza’s Drivatar™ opponents
- Race on 6 tracks in both day and night times and even in immersive wet-weather conditions
3. GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience
GT Racing 2 is yet another free offline racing game for Windows 10 laptop that comes from none other than Gameloft. It is available in both single and multiplayer versions. You would like it for its realistic graphics and dynamics, which is further topped by some of the best car models. You can view your races from multiple camera angles, which gives you a better insight into your gameplay. Unlike many of its competitors, GT Racing 2 gives you the chance to race in different daytime and different weather conditions.
- Choose from 67 cars from over 30 manufacturers: Nissan, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Doge, Ferrari, Ford, and many more
- Test your driving might in 1400 events, including one on ones, knockouts, classic races, and overtakes
Forge your skills with 28 new challenges that appear every week
- 4 different camera angles
- If you are a newbie, you can activate braking and steering assistance.genuinely
4. Asphalt 9: Legends
We just couldn’t give this one a miss. Asphalt 9 Legends is truly one of the best racing games on Windows 10 PC that you can download. Be it the variety of car models, the gravity-defying tracks, the stunts, everything is just on point, and gears you up for the race of a lifetime every single time you park your car on the get-set line. It also includes TouchDrive, which streamlines steering so that you can just focus on the racing. You can also create a club of like-minded racers and climb up to the leaderboard by unlocking milestone rewards.
- Realistic arcade racing with HDR graphics
- Select the desired materials and colors for not just your car but even brake clippers and rims
- Own some of the most prestigious cars, including the McLaren F1 LM, Aston Martin Valhalla, and many others
Over 800 races and over 60 seasons to glorify your career as an Asphalt racer
- Race against 7 players in real-time
- Addition of 6 new cars, including the Jaguar C-X75 and Bentley Continental GT3
5. CSR Racing 2
CSR Racing 2 is one of the best free offline racing games you can download on your desktop, which lets you enjoy hyper-realistic drag street racing in real-time. You get to test your racing skills in some of the most powerful legendary supercars replicated down to every detail. It features high-quality 3D rendering techniques and even lets you bring your supercars to life, thanks to the AR mode. And, the game doesn’t let you settle down, as it takes you through several real-time challenges and multiplayer drag races, which constantly keep you on edge.
- Legendary supercars, the likes of Aston Martin DB5, Ferrari 250 GTO, 1969 Pontiac GTO, and Bugatti EB110 Super Sport
- High customizability where you can customize rims, interior trims, paint wraps, brake clippers
CSR2 comes with NoxPlayer
- Show off driving skills in AR mode
- Hyper-realistic 3D Rendering techniques
6. Hot Wheels Race Car Rush
If you have been a fan of cast toy cars in childhood, chances are you have already heard of Hot Wheels. The makers have now taken the fun online with Hot Wheels Race Car Rush. Actually, there is not just one game as an option to choose from; there are several fun little online games that would keep you glued to your computer screen for hours. The best part is that you needn’t download these games as they can be played online without hassles.
- Impressive race tracks to choose from – city, snow and desert
- Engaging sound and the game loads pretty fast
- Grab coins and power-ups while you dodge your way through obstacles and unlock more car and races
There are three maps
7. Motocross Bike Racing
Another offline racing game for windows 10 computer that you can download is Motocross Bike Racing. The gameplay is fast-paced and backed by the physics simulation. You can choose from among several tracks on which you can race your way to glory. The graphics are stunning, and you can see yourself doing several kinds of stunts – wheelies, frontflips, backflips, and a lot more. And, while you are flaunting your stunts, you can refill your nitro booster. Did we mention that you can set the trees on fire with this same nitro booster?
- Dozens of tracks, each with an enhanced level of difficulty
- Stunning and colorful graphics
- Highly responsive controls backed by the physics simulation
- Several hidden secret surprises – boulders, caves, chain bridges, and a lot more
- And, last but not least, you do not need the internet. Download and get-set-go!
8. Beach Buggy Racing
To quench your thirst for speed and racing, you can try beach buggy racing. This is not your regular racing game. Instead, you’ll be rivaling drivers in this off-road kart racing madness. Several race tracks spanned across several modes would pique your interest.
- Played worldwide by over 30 million players
- Each character has a special ability and a unique personality
- Several powerups like a fireball, oil slick, and dodgeball frenzy
- 6 game modes and 15 3D race tracks
Snatch some time off your busy work schedule and engage yourself with SocCar. You’d be thanking us if you love both soccer and cars. Mark our word for it, you won’t be disappointed. It is a unique combo of driving an RC car, shooting other RC cars, and playing soccer all at the same time. The graphics might not be high-end, but they are stunning enough to grab your attention for a long time. And, again, the best is that you needn’t download the game; just click on the link below, and in a matter of seconds, you’d be riding your nuts!
- Fast-paced gameplay
- You can play as a guest or create an account and register high scores
- Several rooms to choose from
- Interesting sound
10. Dirt Bike Extreme
If you are looking to download free racing games for PC, why just stick to car racing? You can try out Dirt Bike Extreme, which would keep you entertained for hours. The game doesn’t take much on computer resources and weighs just 32 MB. But, don’t go on its size; it is feature-packed and keeps you glued, thanks to its adventurous gameplay. The graphics are decent, and there are a variety of challenges that you can choose from. Talking of challenges, you can test your skills on several routes.
- You can choose from more than 10 different bikes
- Dirt Bike Extreme has two modes, namely – Time Trial and Championship
- 3D graphics
- You can perform awesome airborne tricks
- The routes are engaging and challenging
- Available for Windows 10/8.1/8/7
Do let us know which of the above free offline racing games for Windows 10 laptop you enjoyed playing the most and what you liked the most about that game. If there is a free online/ offline racing game that you enjoy playing the most, which didn’t make it to the list, mention it in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where Can I Download Free Racing Games?
There are several places where you can download free racing games for PC, Microsoft Store being a popular platform. Apart from that, several websites don’t just download a racing game and let you play the same competition online.
2. Is Forza Free on Windows 10?
Yes, you can get Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is one of the best free racing games for Windows 10 PC. It offers high-end graphics and engaging gameplay. You can download it from the Microsoft Store from the link mentioned above, but you would require a decent system configuration to run it.
3. How to Play Racing Games Smoothly on Windows 10?
To play racing games smoothly on your PC, you would first need to configure your PC appropriately, especially if it has high-end graphics. Also, you can download a third-party utility like Advanced System Optimizer, which has a game optimizer. It optimizes your PC so that all the distractions are removed, and the memory is optimized.