Stellar Photo Recovery is undoubtedly one of the most popular image recovery solutions in the market that allows users to rescue lost or deleted snaps from corrupt, formatted, encrypted devices. However, in rare situations, the program might get stuck while performing a photo recovery process or might just refuse to open the restored images properly.
Lately, these issues have been reported by several Windows users on popular forums, which made users search for effective solutions to fix ‘Recovered Images Won’t Open While Using Stellar Photo Recovery’. So, without further ado, let’s understand the potential issues you might face along with a list of tips and solutions you can implement to avoid issues while using Stellar Photo Recovery.
List of Contents
- Why Does Stellar Photo Recovery Stop Responding?
- Why Recovered Files Won’t Open Normally After Using Stellar Photos Recovery?
- You’ve Got A Better Choice Than “Stellar Photo Recovery” Now!
- 1. To Avoid Incompatibility Issues
- 2. To Avoid Data Corruption Or Software Crash
- 3. To Avoid Interference While Using The Tool
- 4. To Ensure Successful Scanning & Recovery
- 5. To Avoid Conflicts While Accessing Files
- 6. Try Performing ‘Selective Recovery’ To Resolve ‘Recovered Images Won’t Open’
- 7. Keep Sufficient Disk Space On Destination Drive
- Additional Tip
- 8. Use Compression Feature Within Stellar Photo Recovery
- 9. Reach Out To Stellar Photo Recovery’s Support Team
Why Does Stellar Photo Recovery Stop Responding?
Well, there could be several reasons related to system hardware & software that may result in why Stellar Photo Recovery stops working. If there’s a loose connection between the storage drive and your computer during the scan or recovery process, then there’s a high probability that the software may stop responding altogether. Hence, you need to ensure that all the cables are properly connected and avoid moving the connected drives until the photo recovery tool completes its process.
Why Recovered Files Won’t Open Normally After Using Stellar Photos Recovery?
One of the major reasons that cause improper photo recovery is file corruption. In case your image(s) were already corrupted before getting lost or were partly overwritten in some way, then you may face issues while using Stellar Photos Recovery. Additionally, the problem may appear due to a virus attack or malware infection as well.
You’ve Got A Better Choice Than “Stellar Photo Recovery” Now!
Don’t want to spend time troubleshooting? Well, how about trying an alternative to Stellar Photo Recovery? The market has tons of options when it comes to choosing professional image recovery solutions. Our recommendation says Photos Recovery by Systweak Software is a reliable and trustworthy program designed for deeply scanning your hard drive and other removable storage devices to retrieve lost, deleted & missing photographs in no time.
The Windows program uses advanced algorithms that ensure exceptional recovery, no matter how the photographs were deleted in the first place. It supports popular file formats like JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF, TIF, JFIF, JP2, RAW & Raster Photos as well.
HIGHLIGHTS: Photos Recovery
- Intuitive interface.
- Supports recovering almost all photo file formats.
- Supports different file systems like FAT, FAT 32, NTFS, etc.
- Capable of recovering images from Internal & External storage media.
- Preview before recovery.
- Highly compatible: Windows 10/8.1/8/7 (Both 32 Bit & 64 Bit)
To know more about Photos Recovery, click here!
9 Fixes For ‘Recovered Images Won’t Open While Using Stellar Photo Recovery’ Issue
Here’s the list of solutions that can help you avoid common issues that occur while using Stellar Photo Recovery on Windows PC.
1. To Avoid Incompatibility Issues
Before using any software, it is highly recommended that you fulfill minimum system requirements to ensure proper functioning on the respective device you are using.
2. To Avoid Data Corruption Or Software Crash
While saving the recovered images, make sure you select a different destination (from where the pics were lost in the first place).
3. To Avoid Interference While Using The Tool
Simply, disconnect all the non-essential USB Devices connected to the PC. For example: unplug peripherals like printers, USB Dongles, etc.
4. To Ensure Successful Scanning & Recovery
Make sure you run Stellar Photo Recovery with ‘Administrator Rights’. To do so, navigate to the software and right-click on it, and choose ‘Run as administrator.
5. To Avoid Conflicts While Accessing Files
Try to close down all the applications running in the background to avoid issues while accessing images. Doing so will eliminate all the conflicts between apps for resources.
6. Try Performing ‘Selective Recovery’ To Resolve ‘Recovered Images Won’t Open’
Follow the instructions to overcome ‘Can’t Open Recovered Photos While Using Stellar’.
- From the main dashboard, head towards the Advanced Settings tab.
- A list of file format options will appear on the screen, simply select the one you want to recover and hit the Close button.
- Follow the on-screen recovery instructions that appear. Using this method, the program will only look for the file format(s) you’ve selected.
Hopefully, this workaround will help you execute smooth image recovery while using Stellar Photo Recovery on Windows PC.
7. Keep Sufficient Disk Space On Destination Drive
To accommodate recovered data, make space on the destination drive or volume. If you cannot make extra room, we recommend using an external storage device as your ultimate destination to save recovered files.
Writer’s Tip: Run a professional Duplicate File Finder & Remover to declutter your storage space and recover valuable space for storing other files
8. Use Compression Feature Within Stellar Photo Recovery
While trying to rescue a large collection of snaps in one go, you may witness the software getting stuck in between. This usually happens due to poor read/write speeds of the hard drive & insufficient storage space. Hence, try to compress your data to conserve space. All you have to do is:
- When you click on the Recover button, a popup appears on the screen, asking you to browse the destination location where you would like to save the recovered snaps.
- From the same pop-up menu, hit the Advanced Settings & click the option Create Zip File. (You can choose to zip files individually or as a single file.)
Hit the OK button and click on Start Saving to complete the compression and file saving process on Stellar Photo Recovery. Hopefully, you’ll not face errors like ‘Recovered Images Won’t Open While Using Stellar Photo Recovery’ anymore!
9. Reach Out To Stellar Photo Recovery’s Support Team
In case none of the solutions helped you to resolve scanning & file opening issues, we recommend you get in touch with the company’s support team. They’ll be able to further guide you in regards to this issue.
So, that was all! Were you able to fix common issues that occur while using Stellar Photos Recovery? If not, then we highly recommend our readers switch to a better picture recovery solution that provides a seamless experience while dealing with frustrating data loss scenarios. WeTheGeek’s recommendation is Photos Recovery by Systweak. For more options, you can check out our list of 15 Best Photo Recovery Software to Recover Lost Photos! Once you find the most suitable option for you, do share your experience in the comments below!