Since not every website we read supports multiple languages, we often look for tools that can translate pages into our native language. We often need these services, when we use the Internet to research international travel plans while surfing foreign attractions, tours or hotel sites. During the process, we might land upon a webpage where the text is entirely in the foreign language. Fortunately, there are several methods & best translation websites that can help you translate web pages from one language to another.
So, without further ado, let’s check out some of the ideal ways to translate sites into the desired language:
Top 8 Ways To Translate Website To English & Other Languages in 2023
While English is the most commonly used language worldwide, there’s a huge percentage of people who prefer reading websites in their native languages. Discussed are some effective ways that would help you translate the site into the desired lingual.
Method 1– Using Google Translate Web Tool
Google translate website tool is one of the quickest and accessible ways to translate websites to English & other languages. To use the online service, all you have to do is:
- Launch your Web Browser & visit Google Translate Website at (translate.google.com).
- Simply add the web address you would like to translate into your language.
- In the “Detect Language” option, Google would automatically tell you the language of the website & will translate the webpage into English. Since it’s set as the Default Language.
Click on the Translate button to begin the process. The translated website will appear on your screen in just a few seconds.
Method 2- Use Bing Translator
If you don’t want to rely on Google translate page tool, you can try using Bing Translator. The online service works quite well to yield accurate results in just a few clicks. So, let’s learn how to use this Google translate web alternative.
- Launch your web browser & type bing.com/translator
- Once the Bing Translator is opened, all you have to do is Enter the URL of the specific page that you would like to translate into the text box.
- Select the language in which you would like to translate the website.
Click on the link to see the website in the new translation.
Method 3- Free Website Translation
Free Website Translation is an easy to use translate website that makes it possible to translate the entire website into a dedicated language. It’s one of the best translation sites that offer translation quality of Google & best of all, it doesn’t cost a dime or a registration/sign up process.
- On your web browser, type free-website-translation.com, and hit Enter.
- Scroll down the webpage and choose the original language (in which the website is written) & set the Target Language in which you would like to translate the webpage.
- Hit the Translate button & there you go!
Enjoy reading your favorite sites in your desired language immediately.
Method 4- Translate Website In Google Chrome
One of the easiest & quickest ways to translate website is using Google Chrome. You can literally translate the entire webpage without any hassle. Just adjust some settings & you’re good to go.
- Click on the three horizontal dots icon, located at the top-right corner of the browser.
- Head towards Settings > Advanced Settings tab.
- Locate Languages option & click on Selected Language.
- You’ll witness a tab saying, “Offer to translate pages that aren’t in a language you read”.
- Turn the options On & you’re done.
Now every time you land on such websites that are written in a foreign language, Google Translate Website tool would offer you the button to ‘Translate’. Just click the button to translate the entire webpage in one-go!
Method 5- Use Firefox To Translate Page
If you are a Firefox user, you can simply use an add-on called Google Translate, ImTranslator, Dictionary, TTS to translate websites to English & other languages. Just add the extension to your browser & that’s all, you’re all set.
- Once you have added the Firefox extension, Go to the webpage, you want to translate.
- Right-click on the Translator icon (looks like a speech bubble) located at the top-right corner of the browser.
- Click on it & from the drop-down menu, choose ‘Translate page with Google Translate’.
- Hit the Translate this page to (language) & that’s all!
Your translated website would be opened in a new tab!
Method 6- Make Use Of Safari Browser To Do Web Translate
Yes, there’s a way through which you can get translations of foreign language website using the built-in Safari app on your iOS devices. All you have to do is:
- Open the Safari application on your device.
- Install free website translator, Microsoft Translator app, it’s available on App Store.
- Once you’ve successfully set up the app on your iOS device, go to the website you wish to translate.
- Tap on the Share button, located at the bottom middle of the screen.
- Scroll all the way to the left and tap on More.
- Toggle on the Microsoft Translator to enable the translation process.
- Tap Done!
Keep in mind, the translation process might not always be 100% accurate, but it would be enough to give you the gist of what it means.
Method 7- Try Yandex Translate
Yandex Translate is one of the best translation sites available that have capabilities to translate entire webpages into 95 different languages. It has a simple and friendly interface & allows you to translate not an entire webpage, but also specific text, document & image. To use this free website translator, follow the given steps:
- Open your web browser & search for translate.yandex.com/translate
- Copy & paste the website address for which you need translations.
- Click on the Translate button & that’s all.
- Yandex Translate needs just a few moments to translate the website online.
Yandex Translate is available as a dedicated application for iPhone & Android users. Moreover, it can help users to translate text from photos, a feature that is lacking from most of the translation website tools. Also, it’s one of the best alternatives to Google Translate website!
Method 8- Use WorldLingo, Free Website Translator
Try WorldLingo, a popular translation website that allows you to translate entire web pages in more than 14 languages. It works quite well & provides real-time translation within seconds. To see the translation of your favorite sites, do the following:
- Open your web browser & search for WorldLingo.
- Open the first result that appears on your search engine. You’ll be presented with a basic interface.
- Just copy & paste the URL of the website you would like to translate.
- Choose the Original Language & the New Language in which you would like to translate your website.
Hit the Translate button. You’ll be redirected to the next webpage with your translations. Use this Google Translate Web Tool alternative & share your experiences in the comment section below!
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to read German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese or Chinese, you can still read content available on those international websites using Best Translation Sites & other ways to translate pages in the desired language.
If you still have any further questions about translating websites, shoot them in the comment section below!