Getting your hands on the best video editing tools is not an easy feat when a myriad of options is available in the market, all boasting excellent features & advanced add-ons. From freeware to paid solutions, it can certainly become difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Whether you are an aspiring YouTuber looking forward to editing your videos on a professional level or an experienced editor, these programs can assist you in creating high-quality content. Below is the list of Best Paid & Free Video Editing Utilities for Pro & Advanced users.
Note: These choices are not ranked based on the order of preferences. Rather, you can select any of the professional editors to create stunning content for your target audience!
In case you’ve missed our previous guide on Best Video Editing Tools For Beginners & Students
PART 1- Must-Try Video Editing Software For Professionals
Videos are certainly the best way to maximize traffic and sales. To some extent, it reduces support queries and helps the audience understand products/services better. To be honest, editing videos is not that simple & it’s not cheap. After researching over 30+ utilities, we’ve compiled a list of 10 Video Editors that will make your task easier & more affordable.
So, without further ado, let’s check them out!
1. Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Pro-Level Tool For Editing Videos For YouTube & More
Compatibility: Windows & Mac
Suitable For: Meeting industry standards video quality
Website: Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Equipped with AI editing tools
- Has tons of video effects & transitions
- Options of excellent video stabilization
- Automated functions such as motion tracking & smart toning
- Updated library of music scores & sound effects
- Support for 4K, 8K, and VR formats
- Lots of organizational tools
- Unlimited multi-cam angles editing
Adobe Premiere Pro brings a perfect blend of video editing features that ensures you can produce cutting-edge output, matching industry standards. It ensures precise selections and shows new differences in real-time. Using this professional video editing software, you can improve grainy videos, clear haze, remix music, & more.
You can trim your videos, combine clips, photos, titles, and more to create stunning visuals and slideshows. Additionally, you can create cool double exposure videos, dynamic time-lapse videos, make luma fade transitions & more. This makes it a go-to video editor software for advanced & professional users.
- Used by top YouTubers
- The interface is pretty straightforward & highly customizable
- Tools for multi-camera rendering
- Video rendering is relatively slow on a standard computer
- Requires subscription to work smoothly
Pricing Models: Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Learn Premiere Pro In 20 Minutes: Watch The Step-By-Step Tutorial!
Must-Read: Best Video Compression Software For Windows & Mac
2. Wondershare FilmoraGo
Helps You Stand Out With Exceptional Effects & Filters
Compatibility: Desktop, Android & iPhone
Suitable For: Editing & customizing videos at your fingertips
- Tools for trimming & shortening your clips
- Slice footage into two or more clips
- Add a beautiful set of transitions
- Set your video to play in reverse
- Multiple aspect ratios for the final output
- Adjust the speed of the video
Wondershare’s Filmora Go offers everything you need to edit on the go. The application is packed with all the essential and advanced tools for trimming, adding filters, overlays, titles, rotate, delete & more. It features an easy-to-handle timeline that makes it effortless for mobile video editors to incorporate music & other elements from the built-in library to create stunning content.
The app is mostly used by Instagrammers to create visually appealing videos for their target audience. App’s ‘Easy Mode’ strips away the complexity of managing large-size videos, so you can drag & drop video clips, add music and produce fine video in a matter of few minutes.
- Excellent editing UI
- Effect store to incorporate pre-set intros, themes & transitions
- Readymade templates for professional projects
- A great choice for mobile video editing
- The desktop version is not quite good as the mobile app
Pricing Models: Wondershare FilmoraGo
Learn FilmoraGo In Less Than 10 Minutes: Watch The Complete Tutorial!
3. Lightworks Pro
Award-Winning Video Editor Platform
Compatibility: Windows, Mac & Linux
Suitable For: Excellent option to get started in the world of video editing
- Loaded with 500+ editing tools
- Supports multi-cam editing
- In-built transcoders
- Real-time ready-to-use Audio/Video FX
- Has tons of tools for trimming, cropping & layering clips
- Professional I/O support for popular OS
- Support for project sharing for groups
Lightworks Pro is an excellent option if you want to get started in the world of video editing. The tool is easy to use and proffers a complete blend of editing functionalities to cut, trim, merge video clips, sounds, images, and other multimedia content.
Among all the benefits of standard video editing software for pro users, Lightworks Pro gives you the ability to edit & polish videos and entire movies in several formats including 2K, 4K, PAL, NTSC & High Definition. It has a rich and user-friendly interface, which makes it a top professional video editing program.
- Easy to manage timeline editing & trimming
- Wide file format support including Variable Frame Rate Media
- Extensive format & codec support
- Outdated UI, learning curve
Pricing Models: Lightworks Pro
|Yearly (BORIS FX)||Subscription||$174.99|
Here’s your quick start guide to Lightworks v14 – Watch Now!
4. HitFilm Pro
A Potent Editor With Add-Ons To Suit Every Need
Compatibility: Windows & Mac
Suitable For: Filmmaking & VFX fans
- Excellent tools for color grading
- Apply interactive animations
- Built-in tools for rigging
- ProSkin Retouch functionality
- 3D object importing
- A good set of special effects
HitFilm Pro is an excellent professional video editor to create incredible content and stunning VFX. It’s a well-known choice that brings a perfect blend of editing tools, compositor, 800+ VFX, pre-sets, and tons of animation tools.
If your project demands to combine a plethora of elements from multiple sources into a single interface, consider HitFilm Pro without any doubt. Its particle engine allows 2D simulation & full 3D effects (including gunfire & hyperdrive filters too).
- Wide variety of effects and presets
- Supports automatic audio syncing
- Impressive 3D graphics
- Some playback options remove special effects
Pricing Models: HitFilm Pro
|Free (HitFilm Express)||Trial||$0|
To Know More About HitFilm Pro, Watch The Tutorial Till The End!
5. Sony Vegas Pro
One Of The Most Up-To-Date Professional Video Editors In The Industry
Suitable For: Creating professional-level video montages
Website: Sony Vegas Pro
- Dynamic storyboard editing features
- Great tools for video stabilization
- Supports a wide range of formats
- Supports plenty of creative filters & effects
- Customizable interface
- Best YouTube video editor
Are you into the gaming or sports industry? Choose Sony Vegas Pro as your ultimate choice. The video editing software for professionals is easy to work with and it works well on both PC & laptops. It features an intuitive dashboard for high-quality results.
You can enjoy tons of features to create special effects like 3D titles & you can also use it to copyright your discs. Most of the professionals rely on Sony Vegas pro to create industry-leading video montages.
- Ideal for both video & audio editing
- Drag & drop functionality
- Easy to work with the timeline
- Picture in Picture & motion tracking can be difficult
Pricing Models: Sony Vegas Pro
6. CyberLink PowerDirector 19 Ultimate
Top-Notch Choice For Both Novices & Pros
Suitable For: Quick and easy video creation
Website: CyberLink PowerDirector
- Pioneer in 4K & 360-degree VR footages
- Magic movie wizard
- A wide array of stock assets
- Storyboard or Timeline modes
- Supports multi-cam editing
- Tools for screen recording & motion tracking
- Cloud storage
This is another popular video editing software for professionals that’s worth considering for YouTube & other platforms. CyberLink offers affordable subscription plans which are packed with advanced features for multi-cam editing, motion tracking, 360-degree video editing, and more.
If you are looking forward to creating quick videos for your work, it offers a mini-program within the professional video editor hidden inside the Easy Editor. It’s known as Magic Movie Wizard, and it helps to automatically merge photographs and video clips in a matter of minutes.
- Lightning speed rendering
- Extensive effects package
- Offers readymade intros & outros
- Some areas of the program can be hard to find when you get the recent updates.
Pricing Models: CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate
Start Editing Using This YouTube Video Tutorial! Watch The Full Tutorial!
7. DaVinci Resolve 17
Powerhouse Professional-Level Video Editor With Cross-Platform Support
Compatibility: Windows, Mac & Linux
Suitable For: Collaborative teams for post-production
Website: DaVinci Resolve
- Features for high dynamic range grading
- Stereoscopic 3D grading
- Excellent set of post-production & finishing tools
- Tools for compositing & creating particle effects
- Tools for painting, adding text animation & more
- Enjoy excellent video stabilization
- Has DaVinci Neural Engine for speed warp, facial recognition & more
DaVinci is a remarkable video editing program for professionals. It features tons of high-end post-production modules for high-quality video and audio editing. Additionally, it has functionalities for color correction, motion graphics, and video effects.
Its color correction tool is advanced enough that you can adjust a selected part or the entire video, according to your needs and requirements. Unlike most professional video editors, DaVinci offers a stack of premium filters, 2D & 3D workspace, and a plethora of tools for compositing and making particle effects.
- Supports live collaboration by multiple users at the same time
- Supports multi-cam editing for up to 16 cameras
- Legendary color correction & matching tools
- Resource intensive program
Pricing Models: DaVinci Resolve 17
Learn In-Depth About DaVinci Resolve Professional Video Editor For YouTube & More!
8. Final Cut Pro X
Best Subscription-Based Video Editing Software For YouTube
Suitable For: Used by most of the YouTubers & Influencers
Website: Final Cut Pro X
- Transcode your full-resolution media
- Modern ML tools to transform your widescreen project into custom sizes
- Real-time effects & exporting
- Smart Confirm analyzes clips added in timeline & automatically crops them in square
- Use Custom Overlays to guide to design of text & graphics
- Supports iPad Sidecar & MacBook Touch bar
Final Cut Pro X is a popular and one of the most serious players in the category of Video Editing. The option is quite popular in the market and has been used to edit countless Hollywood movies. Most of the famous YouTubers like Jonathan Morrison, Austin Evans, iJustine, Marques Brownlee, and more rely on Final Cut Pro to edit videos.
Final Cut Pro X is a top-notch video editor for professionals who prefer to work within the Apple ecosystem since it works super-smoothly with iTunes & Photos collection. The video editing program includes support for 4K, 360-degree & HDR.
- Simple & intuitive interface
- Advanced color grading feature
- Proprietary magnetic timeline system
- Sometimes audio can bleed into transitions
Pricing Models: Final Cut Pro X
Learn Final Cut Pro X From Scratch! Watch The Tutorial Below!
9. Splice By GoPro
Make Mobile Editing Powerfully Simple
Compatibility: iPhone & iPad
Suitable For: Enthusiasts & pro-level users
Website: GoPro Splice
- Tons of transition styles
- Tools to trim, cut, crop photos & videos
- Adjust playback speed for fast and slow motion
- Share videos directly on YouTube & other social media platforms
- Multiple filters & background color adjustment options
- Free audio library
Splice by GoPro is an excellent choice when it comes to professional video editing right at your fingertips. It offers a comprehensive library of musical tracks that can be placed in the background to fine-tune your video. Similar to most of the video editing apps, it has standard apps to trim, crop, combine, remove, and customize pieces of photos and videos.
It offers tons of options to adjust transitions, add slow-motion effects and create visually-impacting videos you’ll love to share with your target audience. You can add title slides, text overlays, and custom outros to make videos engaging till the end.
- Bring life to your photos
- Do pan & zoom effects
- Apply tons of filters & adjust background colors
- Available for a single platform
Pricing Models: Splice By GoPro
Learn How To Edit Videos With GoPro Splice!
Must-Read: Best GoPro Editing Software For Windows & Mac
Award-Winning Video Editing & VFX Software For Pro Users
Compatibility: Windows, Mac & Linux
Suitable For: Quick Learners
Website: OpenShot Video Editor
- Add 3D animations
- Tools for trimming, merging, splitting
- Provides a library of backgrounds
- Capability to animate video objects
- Supports frame-by-frame editing
- Tools for fading, sliding, bouncing & more
- Available in 70+ languages
OpenShot Video Editor is a cross-platform editing program that is easy to use and offers an excellent set of features to help amateurs quickly learn basic video editing & pro users to make professional videos. Users can easily adjust video size, length, color, text & other elements.
Users have dedicated animation and keyframe features that help them implement transitions like fading, sliding, bouncing, and animating any object from the video. The free video editor program is mostly used by students for rendering amazing 3D animations for their school projects.
- Unlimited audio tracks & background videos
- Supports slow motion & time effects
- Compatible with 70+ languages
- More background animation presets should be available
Pricing Models: OpenShot
Learn about OpenShot Video Editor: Step-By-Step Tutorial
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Which Is The Best Professional Video Editing Software?
Adobe Premiere Pro is undoubtedly one of the best editing tools overall. It has a straightforward interface and tons of advanced features that make it an effortless process for aspiring and professional editors.
Q2. What Do YouTubers Use To Edit Videos?
Final Cut Pro X & Sony Vegas Pro are highly used by YouTubers and content creators to produce high-quality videos.
Q3. Does Windows 10 Have A Free Video Editor?
Well, yes Windows 10 has a hidden video editing tool that works quite similar to Windows Movie Maker. To know more about this hidden utility, check the link here!