Whenever something pops into your mind, you open your browser to research it. The browser is an old-fashioned way of searching for things on the internet, whether you want to buy an accessory or search for a home remedy for common ailments.
Mac has Safari as an inbuilt browser which is an efficient and fast browser. But it is not a bad idea to keep an alternative in case the native application crashes.
So, in this article, we have discussed some of the best browsers for Mac in 2023 if you‘re looking for a suitable alternative.
14 Fastest Internet Browser For Mac
To provide you fastest browsing experience, Here is the list of the 14 best web browsers for MacOS:
1. Opera –
An older name, Opera is one of the best browsers for Mac in 2023 as it is fast and smooth. It is famous to access faster speed with low-speed connection based on the server size compression technique.
Features of Opera:
- It allows you to easily navigate and provides you with browsing experience
- It has an inbuilt torrent download browser option.
- It is streamlined and designed for those who want a responsive browser that meets their needs.
- It has integrated phishing protection, integrated RSS feeds, and integrated email clients.
- To properly operate the browser, one needs to strictly adhere to coding.
- The extensions built into Opera are not always easy to find.
2. Brave Browser:
A new and emerging browser for Mac, Brave is secure, private and fast. Brave is open source and focuses on your privacy. Brave is a lightweight Mac browser.
Features of Brave:
- It is 8 times faster than regular browsers.
- It blocks ads, trackers, and unwanted content so you don’t have to deal with them.
- With “Private Tabs with Tor*” feature, it provides true private browsing experience along with enhanced protection
3. Google Chrome:
One of the most popular browsers, widely used on Windows, Google Chrome is a good option for a Fastest browser. It is fast, secure and free, and it runs on multiple platforms. It’s clutter free interface makes it easy to use.
Features of Google Chrome:
- It lets you search and navigate from the same box.
- It offers a wide range of easily obtained and installed extensions to customize the browser as you like.
- There’s support for parental controls and has settings to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Kills the battery (if you are running a portable Mac) and hogs the RAM.
- If you accidentally close the browser, Chrome will close all the tabs opened without warning.
Must Read: Photoshop Scratch Disk Full – Guide on How To Fix
4. Mozilla Firefox –
With inbuilt privacy, Mozilla is one of the trusted and best browsers for Mac. It has features that protect you from phishing schemes, viruses and more.
Features of Mozilla Firefox:
- Mozilla is a secure browser but with extensions like NoScript and FlashBlock available it can become the safest.
- It provides excellent network security, a user-friendly interface and many add-ons for customized browsing.
- It has an embedded memory which means that if you turn off your computer by mistake, it will remember the Internet page you had opened and offer to get them back for you.
- It has intuitive navigation.
- Sometimes, you end up getting an error while opening a website, as Mozilla is not compatible with it.
- Mozilla Firefox uses more memory than other browsers and has slow startup time.
5. Microsoft Edge
Edge browser isn’t a new name anymore, and it has gained popularity over time. With special features such as Immersive Reader, one can enjoy reading articles and ebooks on the web browser on Mac.
Features of Microsoft Edge –
- Secure access to saved information of the users.
- Favorites to make search accessible quickly.
- Reading experience with the Immersive Reader.
- InPrivate tabs for the private browsing mode.
- Clears the ads and distractions from the blogs and other articles.
- Uses Microsoft Bing as a default search engine.
One of the best browsers for Mac, Maxthon has a good interface on the home screen of the browser.
Features of Maxthon:
- One of the best things about Maxthon is that it keeps the PC’s working condition optimized while working on it and doesn’t hog the system’s performance.
- It boosts up the internet connection to an extent and it tries to open the web page faster.
- Maxthon is independent of operating systems as well as the device itself as it is cloud based with all OS interlocked to each other.
- It has a good feature which doesn’t let you fill in the information on websites you visited in the past when you visit it for the next time as it saves the information for you.
- It doesn’t offer a wide range of extensions.
- Maxthon lacks some of the features such as voice interaction commands and open-source development.
Camino is also a good alternative, as it is an open source web browser which focuses on offering the best web experience for the users of Mac OS X.
Features of Camino:
- Camino Browser offers a fast connection and there’s an integrated flash block that helps you save bandwidth.
- The bookmark bar allows multiple lines of bookmarks.
- It has a sleek interface with a simple and elegant look.
- It also offers all the functionality & style that is expected from Mac OS X programs.
- It does not have an undo-close tab.
- It does not have an option to rearrange tabs as it does not allow moving of tabs
8. Omni Web
Omni Web is one of the best browsers available for Mac as it is the powerful web browser for Mac.
Features of Omni Web:
- It has numerous features like Visual Tabs, adding websites to shortcuts, automatic rendering of web pages, etc.
- You can change the font of any web page if you are not liking it.
- The browser handles the entire RSS feed which is indeed a great feature.
- The browser is slow.
- It hogs the system resources as it uses a large amount of RAM.
- It has a simple and clutter free interface.
- Yandex has Turbo mode, which never lets the browser speed go slow. Whenever internet speeds drop, Turbo mode is enabled, which speeds up how fast pages load and save on your data charges.
- It protects your passwords and bank card details and keeps your online payments safe from theft.
An open source Chromium browser with some similarities to Opera, Vivaldi is one of the best browsers available for Mac.
Features of Vivaldi
- It has awesome tab management. They are functional, work great, can be tiled, have previews and stack well.
- It enables you to access all the goodies from the chrome store, which is not that of a surprise as it uses Chromium platform.
- It provides you with several options to customize the browser according to your preferences.
- It downloads faster even after slow internet speed.
- Just as Chrome, this browser also hogs up the system resources.
- There is no way to sync passwords, settings, bookmarks online
Must Read: How To Analyze Disk Space On Mac
Yet another browser, which is counted in the list of fastest browsers for Mac due to its super light-weightiness and it looks like Google Chrome.
Features of Stainless
- It features a dual-purpose search address bar, which makes searching and navigating very smooth.
- It has an independent tabbed browsing which means one tab won’t crash your whole browser.
- Parallel browsing mode allows multiple email clients open at once.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- It has a few configuration options
- It doesn’t have any extensions available yet
12. Avast Secure Browser–
Avast Secure Browser is another of the security experts among the web browsers for Mac. It quickly blocks any malicious websites and saves you from malware downloads.
Features of Avast Secure Browser:
- In-built Advanced Security tools to save you from threats.
- Forces websites to use encryption.
- Hides personal credentials typed online.
- Blocks Digital tracking, and keeps a check on password leaks.
- Not available on Mac App Store.
Web-browser, advanced e-mail, newsgroup, and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, with all these features SeaMonkey deserves to be on the list of best browsers for Mac.
Features of SeaMonkey:
- The browser is faster and more responsive than several others on the list.
- It contains a cookie manager that lets you view & delete the cookies created when surfing.
- It has several other features, like a password manager, customizable toolbars & the ability to restore the sessions.
- It doesn’t have mouse gestures or voice interaction for multi-modal browsing
- The browser is not sleek and it can’t be used with ease.
14. Puffin Secure Browser
Puffin Secure Browser is a very good web browser for Mac in terms of safety. It used advanced technology to guard your data and device. The regular malware threats can be averted using this on Mac.
Features of Puffin Secure Browser
- Intuitive interface keeping ease of use for the users in mind.
- Saves you from infiltrations by hackers.
- Protects your device from cyber threats.
- Less CPU usage and light on system resources.
- Poor cross-device synchronization.
This concludes our list of the best browsers for Mac. these browsers are lightweight and will give you the fastest browsing experience. Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions –
Q1. What browser can be used on a Mac?
Any web browser which is compatible with your macOS can be used on Mac. It is recommended that you check for a safe and reliable browser to keep your device and data safe.
Q2. What is the best search browser for Mac?
Opera is one of the best web browsers for Mac with its minimum time of loading web pages. The user can easily navigate around the web browser to access all of its features.
Q3. What is the best browser for Mac other than Safari?
Opera and Brave are the top-most popular browsers used by Mac users other than the inbuilt Mac browser Safari.
Q4. Is Firefox bad for Mac?
No, Mozilla Firefox is a good browser with multiple features for customizing your browser as per your needs. It has ample privacy features to ensure the safety and security of the user.
Q5. Is it better to use Chrome or Safari on Mac?
Safari is a much favorable browser for Mac as it comes inbuilt with the Mac and also gives you personal experience. Google Chrome is much better as an independent browser for the devices.
This concludes our list of the best browsers for Mac. These browsers are lightweight and will give you the fastest browsing experience. Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
We love to hear from you!
We are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. For any queries or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below. We love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post tips and tricks along with solutions to common issues related to technology.
Related Topics –