When it comes to a web browser or browsing apps, there are many choices. Yet most people always use Google Chrome as they find it easy to use and consider secure. However, after using the new arrival named Vivaldi, which is making a mark, things are changing.
What is Vivaldi?
It is a freeware, cross-platform browser developed by Vivaldi Technologies, a company founded by Opera Software.
This browser gives you control of everything. This means you can tweak and customize every setting and stay secure.
Let’s take a look at how this browser helps protect online privacy.
How to adjust tracking settings in the Vivaldi browser?
- Launch the Vivaldi browser.
- Click the cog present at the bottom left corner to head to Settings.
- Look for the Privacy option in the left pane.
- From here, you can tweak privacy settings to stay safe from browser trackers.
How to block tracking cookies on the Vivaldi browser?
- Launch Vivaldi browser
- Head to Settings > Privacy
- Scroll down to locate Cookies. Here checkmark the box next to Block Third-Party Cookies under Cookies.
- Next, select the parameters to allow cookies for the current session, All sessions, or Never.
Note: Vivaldi browser allows checking blocked cookies.
To know what all cookies are blocked while browsing clicks the two arrows present on the right side of the bar > Manage Cookies. This will take you to the Privacy page.
Scroll down to the Cookies section > Display Saved Cookies.
Vivaldi browser will now list all cookies left on your browser. To delete the cookie hover on the cookies and click the small X next to the select cookie.
To remove all cookies at once, click Delete All Cookies.
This way, you can remove all cookies. If you think closing Vivaldi will clear all cookies, then you are wrong. Currently, there is no such option. However, you can remove browser history after each session.
How to remove browser history in the Vivaldi browser?
- Open Vivaldi browser
- Head to Settings > Display All > Privacy > Save Browsing History
- Click the down arrow sign to select the timeline.
Note: To bring changes into effect, you’ll need to restart the Vivaldi browser.
In addition to this, you can use this browser to block harmful ads. To make sure this feature is enabled, and you are secure from adware, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Vivaldi browser.
- Head to Settings > Display All
- Privacy section in the right pane > Content Blocking
- Make sure the box next to Block Ads on Abusive Sites is selected.
Using these simple steps, you can stay safe when browsing the web using the Vivaldi browser.
A Cautionary Note!
Antivirus and parental control settings might make you feel secure and protected but still, you cannot control the data shared by your browser. Therefore, you need a browser like Vivaldi that gives you control of your privacy settings. Using this browser, you can decide what to share and whatnot. Not only this, but you can also even block intrusive ads and cookies. Its collaboration with third parties helps stay protected from phishing, malware attacks, and more.
To resolve navigation errors, it uses Google DNS. All this says, having a browser that offers so many privacy settings is a must.
If you agree with me leave a comment and also let us know if will you give Vivaldi browser a try and stay secure or not. You can also get in touch with our social media handles – Facebook, Instagram & Twitter!