The BCM20702A0 driver allows several Bluetooth components on your computer to communicate with your operating system. But, in case the driver is corrupt or outdated, you may encounter the BCM20702A0 Driver error on your Windows PC. That being said, the error can be confusing and it can even be resolved by performing certain tweaks. In this post, we will have a look at ways in which you can make tweaks to your settings to resolve the issue. We’ll even have a look at one of the best ways to update corrupted or outdated drivers.
How To Fix BCM20702A0 Driver Issue On Windows 11/10
– Restart Your Computer
Sometimes all you need to troubleshoot a Windows error is to give your computer a quick restart. This helps in clearing out all the cache and refreshing RAM. A restart can also help in fixing system issues at times.
– Turn Airplane Mode Off
Airplane mode is known to prevent Bluetooth usage. In that case, you can try switching off the airplane mode if it is not already. To do that –
1.Press Windows + A key combination
2.In the Action center, ensure that the Airplane mode signified by the airplane icon is turned off
Now, check if the BCM20702A0 Driver Error is resolved or not.
– Run Windows Bluetooth Troubleshooter
Another way to fix the BCM20702A0 driver error is to use Windows’s inbuilt Bluetooth troubleshooter. Many users have reported that by running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, they were able to fix the issue. Here are the steps for the same –
1. Press Windows + I to open Settings
2. On the right-hand side scroll down and click on Troubleshoot
3. Click on Other troubleshooters
For Windows 10, click Update & Security> Troubleshoot>Additional troubleshooters>Under Find & fix other problems>Bluetooth.
4. Under Other click on Run next to Bluetooth
5. Follow the on-screen instructions and then check if you have been able to resolve the issue or not.
– Update/ Reinstall BCM20702A0 Driver
If the issue has occurred with the Broadcom driver, you can install it directly from Lenovo’s official website. However, an easier way to do this is to update the driver automatically. For this, you can take the help of a driver updater tool like Advanced Driver Updater which apart from helping you update corrupt and outdated drivers, also lets you schedule driver scans and updates, as well as even let’s create backups as well.
1. Download, run and install Advanced Driver Updater
2. Click on the Start Scan Now button to scan for outdated drivers
3. From the list of drivers, locate the above-mentioned driver
4. Click on the checkbox next to it
5. Click on the Update driver button on the right-hand side
– Restart Essential Bluetooth Services
When a Bluetooth error like BCM20702A0 Driver Error surfaces, you may try and enable some Bluetooth services which will further ensure that they remain active in the background and don’t cause any issues or stop any errors from happening. Here are the steps to reenable them –
1. In the Windows search bar type Services and click on it
2. From the list of services,locate Bluetooth Support Service and double-click on it
3. Click on the Startup type dropdown and then,click on Manual
4. Just below that click on the Stop button to stop the Service status
5. Click on OK
6. Restart your computer
7. Follow steps 1 and 2 to open Services
8. Head to Service status
9. Now, click on Start
10. Again click on Ok
Check if the BCM20702A0 driver error is resolved or not.
– Perform A Clean Install
If none of the above solutions work, it might be time to consider a fresh install. But, take this step if you perceive that the BCM20702A0 driver error has arisen out of a more grave issue. Here is how you can reinstall Windows 11.
Do let us know if you were able to resolve the BCM20702A0 Driver error after trying the above methods. For more such tech-related content, technical how-to’s, software reviews, and another fun tech stuff, keep reading WeTheGeek.