Windows 11 is incomplete without apps. There are is a whole world of apps that you can install and take your experience to a whole new level. For instance, you can browse the world wide web with the help of some of the best browsers, play media through a myriad of media players, perform several tasks on PDF documents and increase your productivity while juggling with them. There is so much that apps do for you. But what if you try and open an app and it refuses to open on your Windows 11/10 PC.
Jitter not, if you are stuck in such a situation. Presuming you are in a fix on what to do with Windows apps that just won’t open and you want the solution now, this is the blog, you had been looking for. Read on!
How To Fix Windows 11 Apps Won’t Open Issue
1. Restart Your Computer
If your apps refuse to open on your Windows 11 PC, the first thing you should do is give your computer a restart. This would flush the unnecessary cache, refresh your RAM and possibly eliminate any system issues because which your apps are not opening on your Windows 11 computer.
2. Run Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter
Quite possibly, the Microsoft Store is your go-to place from where you install a variety of apps on your computer. So, if a Microsoft Store app won’t open on your Windows computer, you can seek help from Windows itself. And how? By using the Microsoft Store Apps troubleshooter. Let’s dive into the steps on how this can be done –
1. Press Windows + I and open Settings
2. On the right-hand side, scroll down and click on Troubleshoot
3. Click on Other troubleshooters
4. Scroll down, locate Windows Store Apps, and then, click on the Run button.
After having detected the problem, the troubleshooter is going to put forth the next steps. Follow the on-screen instructions. Now check, if you are able to open the apps on your Windows PC.
3. Update Your Apps
We cannot stress enough how important it is to update not just the operating system, but even apps. If an app refuses to open on your Windows 11 computer, probably it is outdated and therefore doesn’t cut for Windows 11.
So, in case you have located one such problematic app that won’t open your Windows PC, update it and then check if the app is opening or not. In the above-mentioned link, we have also discussed the various ways in which you can update all the apps on your Windows desktop or laptop.
What is Systweak Software Updater?
It is a tool that scans your computer for outdated applications and helps you update them in one click. The tool neatly categorizes the apps in genres so that it becomes even easier to track which app has become outdated. Being a vigilant tool, Systweak Software Updater even lets you create a System Restore Point right from the interface, so that, in case anything goes wrong after the update, you can restore your PC to a previous state.
How To Use Systweak Software Updater To Update Apps?
1. Download, run, and install Systweak Software Updater.
2. Once the software is installed, click on the Start Scan button at the top right corner of the screen.
3. You will now be presented with all the outdated apps on your computer. You can either select individual apps by clicking on the checkbox on the left of each app and then click on the orange-colored Update button, or you can select all the apps and then click on the blue-colored Update All button.
Once you have updated the apps, check if the problem still surfaces or not.
4. Update Windows 11
Why update Windows 11? Didn’t I just upgrade my system from Windows 10 to Windows 11? This is a question that must have popped into your head.
So, yes! You did upgrade your PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11. But, updating Windows is an ongoing process. This means even after you have made that update, you will still receive updates on Windows 11.
Maybe the resolve for your problematic app might just be around the corner and you can fetch that solution via an update that Microsoft just rolled out. To update Windows 11 –
1. Press Windows + I to open Settings
2. Click on Windows Update from the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Click on Check for Updates from the right-hand side or if there is an update is pending, download and install it.
Now check, if the app is opening on your Windows 11 desktop or laptop. If not, move on to the next step.
5. Repair The App
It could be that the app which won’t open on your Windows system has malfunctioned. A simple yet effective way to resolve this is to repair the app. Windows provides this capability and here is how you can repair the problematic app –
1. Open Settings by pressing Windows + I key combination
2. From the left-hand side click on Apps
3. From the right-hand side click on Apps & Features
4. Locate the troublesome app and then click on the three vertical dots located to the right of the app.
5. Either click on Advanced Options > scroll down on the next screen and then click on the Repair option under Reset or move on to the next step.
6. Let’s say, you don’t see the Advanced Options. In that case, click on the three dots next to the app and click on Modify.
Either the app will itself have a repair module or in a few circumstances, you might not be able to repair the app. In which case, you will have to uninstall it and reinstall it.
We hope that you have been able to fix the apps that weren’t opening on your Windows 11 PC. If you have, do let us know in the comments section which of the above methods helped you fix the issue. For more such content, keep reading WeTheGeek.