What is CTF Loader?
CTF Loader or Collaborative Translation Framework” is a Windows 10 background process known to manage and support Task Manager. This process runs by the name of CTF Loader or ctfmon.exe. Moreover, it delivers text support like keyboard translation, speech recognition, etc., and helps users switch between diverse input languages.
The process is not harmful, but sometimes it can lead to issues that might slow down system performance or show different errors and high CPU Usage. If you are facing any problem due to CTF.exe, this post is just for you.
How To Fix A Problem Caused Due To CTF Loader?
The easiest, simplest, and automatic way to fix CTF Loader Windows 10 problems or any other Windows related problem is to use the best PC cleaner and optimizer. For this, our recommendation is Advanced System Optimizer.
This system tweaking suite helps fix invalid registry entries, optimize disk, fix disk errors, update outdated drivers, clean malware, and do a lot more. You can give its free version a try by clicking here.
However, before that, if you want to know more about this best PC cleanup utility – Advanced System Optimizer, click here.
How To Fix CTF Loader High CPU Usage And Other Issues?
1. Scan your Computer for Malware
Most Windows 10 problems occur due to malicious files and malware infections, hence scanning the PC for infections is the first thing to do. This helps detect and remove all kinds of viruses that might be hampering the essential file to load. For this, you can use Systweak Antivirus, a powerful and standalone anti-virus utility with real-time protection, exploit protection, USB protection, and more.
However, if you want to use a PC cleanup suite, you can use Advanced System Optimizer. This efficient Windows optimizer offers a security module known as System Protector. Using it, you can easily detect and remove all types of malware, spyware, and other infections.
Nonetheless, you can also check the list of best antivirus tools for Windows.
Once you have installed the security program, you can scan your Windows 10 for infection and remove all the threats. After this, restart the PC and check for the CTF Loader issue on Windows 10; it should be fixed.
2. Disable CTFMON.EXE (CTF Loader) in Windows 10
Before you follow the steps explained below, a cautionary note –
Disabling the CTF Loader might disrupt certain Microsoft Office processes or cause them to crash. Hence, if you are okay with it, only then disable CTFMON.exe.
1. Open Run window by pressing Windows + R keys
2. Here, type services.msc > Ok
3. Now, under the Services window, find Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
4. Right-click it > Properties.
5. Now under Startup type, click the downward arrow and select Disabled > Stop.
6. Press Apply > OK.
3. Update your Windows
1. Press Windows + I keys
2. Select Update & Security.
3. Windows Update > Check for updates.
4. Let Windows check for available updates. If any are found, they will be downloaded. Wait for the process to finish.
5. Install updates and then restart the PC.
6. Now check your Windows 10 for CTFMON.exe issue. No longer, you should face the CTF Loader process problem.
4. Restore your Windows Machine
1. In the Windows search bar, enter Control Panel
2. Select the search result and double click the Control Panel to open it.
3. Here, in the search box type recovery > Enter > Recovery.
4. Select Open System Restore.
5. In the new window, the opens click Next and follow on-screen instructions.
6. Choose the recommended restore point or select one of your choices.
7. Click Scan for affected programs.
8. Close > Next > Finish.
9. Once done, check the machine for the CTF Loader error. It should now be fixed. No longer will you be experiencing slow and sluggish PCs.
5. Delete the ctfmon.exe files
1. Head to
C:\Windows\SysWOW64(for 64-bit systems)
C:\Windows\System32(for 32-bit systems)
2. Look for all files associated with ctfmon.exeand delete them.
3. Restart the PC. CTFMON.exe problem should now be resolved
6. Control the CTF Loader startup using the Task Scheduler
1. Press Windows +R.
2. Enter taskschd.msc > Enter
3. This will open Task Scheduler Library Windows.
4. Click Task Scheduler Library to unhide services.
5. Hit Microsoft > Windows.
6. TextServicesFramework >select MSCTFMonitor option from the right pane. Click the Disable option present in the extreme right pane.
Restart PC. The Windows CTF Loader problem should now be fixed.
That’s it. Using the techniques explained above, you can quickly fix the problem related to ctfmon.exe on Windows 10.
However, if you still face any issues, you can try using Advanced System Optimizer. This PC cleaner software will fix all Windows errors and will also protect you from malware infections. To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download Advanced System Optimizer
2. Install the PC cleanup utility
3. Select Deep Scan from Scan Types and click Start Smart PC Care
4. Wait for the scan to finish. This process might take time as you are performing a deep scan.
5. Fix all detected errors
6. Restart the PC and then check no longer the CTF Loader process problem should exist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. where can you find CTF Loader on your Windows machine?
CTF Loader File Location
The process automatically starts when you run or work on an alternate input device.
Q2. Is CTF Loader a virus?
No, it is a legitimate Windows file, and there is no sign of any malware or infection connecting to it. Although it runs as an executable file, it is safe.
However, it has been found that threat actors do create malware with similar names.
Q3. What are the common problems associated with CTF Loaders?
- Exe (CTF Loader) crashes
- Slow and unresponsive PC
Q4. What causes CTF Loader errors?
- Windows 10 update
- Corrupt language packs
- Malware infection
We hope you find this post helpful and were able to fix the ctfmon.exe problem. Do let us know which method worked for you and did you try using Advanced System Optimizer or not. We love hearing from you.