Many of us might have used Task Scheduler to execute some of the basic tasks and programs. But, there is more to it. By using Task Scheduler, you can also delay execution of scheduled tasks.
The feature of delaying a task is useful and pretty simple to use. Basically, this is done to improve the Windows start-up time. By scheduling delayed tasks, Windows will take much lesser time to boot than before.
So, let’s find out how to delay scheduled tasks in task scheduler on Windows by using this step-by-step guide.
- Go to Start menu and search for ‘Task Scheduler’.
- Once there, choose ‘Task Scheduler Library’ that is given on left side of the window.
- After this, select ‘Create Task’ from the right side of the window.
Also Read: How To Boost Windows 10 Startup and Shutdown Speed: 9 Tips
- Now, under General tab, write proper name and description of task. If this need administrative access, then tick the checkbox with label ‘Run with highest privileges’ given at the bottom side of window.
- After this, to create a trigger we need to go to ‘Triggers’ tab and their tap on ‘New’.
- Now, since we want to start program with delayed startup, from the dropdown menu of ‘Begin the Task’, choose the option ‘At Startup’.
Note: You can also select other option, as the delay function is available for all triggers except ‘On Idle’ trigger.
- After this, tick the checkbox ‘Delay task for’, and choose the duration for delaying the startup from the drop-down menu. The range is from 30 Seconds to 1 Day.
- Now, press ‘OK’ to continue.
- Next, move on to ‘Actions’ tab and press ‘New’.
Also Read: How to Schedule Automatic Shutdown Timer On Windows 10 & 7
- From the drop-down menu give ahead of ‘Action’, choose ‘Start a Program’. And then, choose the program that you want to delay from the ‘Browse’ button.
- Press ‘OK’ to continue.
- After this, to check if the task is running properly or not, right-click on the task in the main window and choose the option ‘Run’ from the context menu. If you have set up the scheduler properly then there will be no errors and task will run immediately.
So, these were the steps to delay tasks by using task scheduler. If you found this helpful, please let us know. You can also drop your feedback in the comment section below.