Not a huge fan of video editing or creating Hollywood-style reels? Understandable! Wondering how to uninstall iMovie on Mac? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
iMovie is Apple’s default video editing software that is available on macOS, iOS, and iPadOS. But in case you haven’t used this app in forever, you can give a thought to deleting this app. iMovie takes up a considerable amount of storage space on your Mac device, 2.4 GB to be precise. And yes, that’s a lot!
There are two simple ways to remove the iMovie app from the Mac. You can either do it manually or use a third-party cleaner tool that properly uninstalls the iMovie on Mac, including cache, library files, and other app data.
So, if you’re not looking forward to polishing your movie-making skills anytime soon, you can easily get rid of the iMovie app on your Mac. This post has covered a detailed guide on how to completely uninstall iMovie on Mac to quickly recover additional storage space on your device.
Best Ways To Uninstall iMovie on Mac
Let’s get started.
1. How to Uninstall iMovie Manually from Mac
One of the quickest methods to get rid of the iMovie app is by uninstalling it manually. Here’s what you need to do.
Open Mac’s Application folder. Scroll through the list of apps to find iMovie. Right-click on the iMovie app, select the “Move to Trash” option.
Once the iMovie application is deleted, the next step is to manually delete the cache files, support files, preferences, and other app-related data. So, to make sure that iMovie is properly uninstalled from your device, we will find these files in the Library folder and delete all the data related to the iMovie app.
Browse to the Library folder, enter the following addresses in the Search box and delete all the iMovie cache files:
- ~Library/Application Support
- ~Library/Application Scripts
Once all the cache and service files are deleted, open Mac’s Trash Bin to completely remove the iMovie application and related files from your device.
Manually deleting the iMovie application is a time-consuming and tedious job. Isn’t it? Well, moving on to our next method to uninstall iMovie on Mac that allows you to remove the app with minimal effort.
How to Uninstall iMovie on Mac (Using Cleanup My System)
Using an advanced tool like “Cleanup My System” will not just help you to uninstall apps and obsolete data, but also enhance your device’s performance at the same time. The manual method to uninstall iMovie on Mac requires a lot of steps where you need to dig deep into the Library folders to delete cache files of the iMovie app. Hence, using a third-party cleaner tool can save you from all the hassle!
Read the complete review of Cleanup My System here to find out more details on its features.
Cleanup My System app for Mac will allow you to recover additional storage space, restore system speed, boost productivity, and enhance your device’s overall performance. Here’s how it works:
1. Download and install the Cleanup my System app from the Mac app store.
2. Launch the app on your device.
3. Go to the One-Click Care and tap the “Start Scan” button to begin the cleanup process.
4. In just a few clicks, all the cache and obsolete data will be deleted from your Mac, even before you know it.
Here are a few key highlights of the Cleanup My System app:
- One-Click Care: One-click cleaning module to fine-tune your Mac’s performance.
- Privacy Protector: One of the best ways to get rid of cookies, browsing history, download history, and other browser data. Cleanup My System app also ensures that your online activities are secure as it protects you from being attacked by hackers and other security breaches.
- Uninstall Manager: Cleanup My System app allows you to uninstall the applications properly where you can easily remove the app and other related data in just a few clicks, leaving absolutely no traces.
- Recover Free Storage Space: Cleanup My System app scans your device and looks for large-sized files that you don’t use frequently. You can delete hundreds and thousands of unwanted files to recover free storage space on your Mac.
- Identity Protector: Keeps your online activities secure while surfing the web.
- Disk Analyzer: Find out what’s taking up much disk space on your storage with this storage visualization module.
- Startup Manager: Remove or add the login items from the list within the app and improve the boot time of your Mac.
So, what are you waiting for? Download the Cleanup My System app today from the Mac App Store to tweak your device’s performance within no time!
Here were the two effective ways to uninstall the iMovie app on Mac. You can either use the manual method or use a third-party cleaner tool that guides you through the installation process to uninstall any app on your MacBook.
For any other queries or assistance, feel free to hit the comments box!