Junk files are often invisible, but the amount of storage space they take is enormous. Therefore, to help Mac users manage storage space and recover wasted space, the company added optimization tools in macOS Sierra and higher versions.
To use it and to know about available storage space on macOS Sierra and later versions, follow the steps:
- Click the Apple menu > About This Mac > Storage.
- Here you will be able to see a segment bar specifying how much storage space is taken by which category.
- To optimize data, click Manage and head to the Storage Management window.
- You will get recommendations that will help optimize Mac.
But clearing the hard drive on Mac manually can be tricky. Hence, to simplify the task and to automate Mac cleaning to free up storage space, here’s a tip.
Try Cleanup My System to get rid of junk files, temporary files, cache, cookies, log files, system cache, and more. This powerful Mac optimization app is fantastic and works well on macOS 10.11 or later.
So, you are facing a problem with your Mac and things don’t feel ok? Although Macs don’t require regular optimization, junk files, duplicate files, app leftovers, and other similar things do slow down the performance. Hence, to boost Mac’s performance and to free up space on Mac hard drive, we share simple and easy ways.
How to Free Up Space on Mac Hard Drive
First thing first, to reclaim storage space on Mac, we need to know what’s taking up unnecessary space. For this, we can use the in-built method discussed above or can use a smart way.
Usually, junk files, large and old files, system caches, log files, etc. that you can’t quickly locate take up a lot of space. Sadly, clearing them manually isn’t easy; it takes several hours. So, if you are short on time and are looking for a quick way? Use Cleanup My System!
This powerful tool uses advanced algorithms and cutting-edge technology to detect useless files and removes all clutter from Mac. In addition to this, Cleanup My System knows how to find unnecessary redundant and obsolete files and remove them without leaving any leftovers. It can do the job of hours in a couple of minutes. Moreover, it locates and cleans junk files from Mac’s hard drive that you don’t even know exists, thus resulting in a significant speed boost.
How to Clean Mac Hard Drive Using Cleanup My System?
Follow the on-screen instructions mentioned below to scan and clean Mac Hard Disk:
STEP 1: Download Cleanup My System by clicking the Download Now button provided below.
STEP 2: Once installed, run the Mac Cleaner and Optimizer and start cleaning system junk and other unwanted files that take up storage space on Mac.
STEP 3: To begin scanning, click the Start Scan button and let the scanning process get completed.
STEP 4: When the scanning is done, you will see several junk files, system caches, log files, privacy traces detected. You can hit the Clean Now button to reclaim unnecessary occupied storage space and boost Mac speed and performance.
That’s all. You have successfully cleaned Mac’s hard drive!
Now, we know how to use Cleanup My System to free up space on a Mac hard drive. Let’s learn about the modules in detail.
- Smart Cleanup – It’s a one-click optimization feature that helps users to scan and clean junk files, login items, launch agents, old/large files/folders, and other redundant data.
- Cache & Logs – The module helps in detecting needles cache files, log files and provides application crash reports.
- Junk – Using this module, you need to scan, detect Xcode junk, local mail downloads, and unused disk image and clean them instantly to clear detected errors in no time.
- Mail Attachment – With this module, you can easily scan and get rid of unwanted mail attachments and unnecessary local mail data that are simply responsible for increasing mail access time.
- Trash – The feature helps users to permanently delete the contents that are moved to Trash. Simply, hit the Clean Now button to get rid of unnecessary accumulated files/folders.
- Privacy – With this Protection module, you can easily eliminate digital footprints and erase browser records that can expose a lot of your private information.
- Identity – As the name entails, the Identity module scans your browser thoroughly and clears saved passwords (keychain password) to keep your security intact.
- Startup Manager – Under the Speed module, the startup manager feature helps users to find and delete login and launch agents that may hamper their boot time.
Note: Removing them doesn’t mean you are uninstalling an app. It only means you are disabling the app from launching at startup.
- Uninstall Apps – This module helps users to delete several applications in one go. Not only this, Cleanup My System securely removes the corresponding files that get downloaded with the application.
Additional Information: Why an Uninstaller?
Indeed, by moving apps to the Bin, you can delete them but what about the app leftovers? When you select an app > right-click and select the Delete option. This removes the software but not the corresponding files. Hence, there remain residuals that eat up space and are of no use (after app uninstallation). Therefore, the best way to get rid of such files is to use an App Uninstaller, that comes with Cleanup My System to get rid of both apps and their belonging files/folders.
- Old & Large Files – As the name suggests, the specific module helps users to find and deleted old and large files/folders that are probably of no use to you but taking a lot of disk space on your Mac.
Goodbye “Your startup disk is almost full” message.
So, now that we’ve covered everything that will help clear Mac hard disks, we hope you will be able to fix the storage issue on Mac. Not only this, you now can help others know what junk files, cache files, how to clear them, and free up storage space are.
If you liked the article, tell others about it and help them. And if you would like to read such an article, subscribe to stay updated when a new post is published. Do share your opinion and review about Cleanup My System with us in the comments box below.