Is System Interrupts causing High CPU Usage on Windows 10? With that said, if you are looking for quick and effective ways to resolve Task Manager System Interrupts High CPU usage, here you go.
In this post, we will explain the reasons for System Interrupts and how to fix 100% CPU usage.
What Is System Interrupts and Why it Causes 100% CPU Usage?
System Interrupts is an essential Windows component and it helps manage hardware components. In simple words, it is a process that helps manage communication between the system and hardware devices. Also, when a scenario needs attention System Interrupts informs CPU about that so that CPU can save and suspend that task and take care of the important task.
With that said, System Interrupts helps manage hardware interrupts that need attention.
In addition to this, when you see 100% CPU or more than 10% usage by System Interrupts it means there are some hardware or hardware driver issues. The best way to fix this System Interrupts High CPU is to restart the system. In most cases this helps but if it doesn’t then you will need to walk through the fixes explained below.
7 Best Ways to Fix System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage – Windows 10
If System Interrupts is hogging more than 5% or 10% of CPU resources,. you need to do something. As this might be a sign of corrupt hardware or driver. To fix this problem, follow the 7 best fixes explained below:
Fix 1. Update Hardware Driver
A faulty driver can cause several problems hence, running updated drivers is always recommended. This can be done both manually and automatically. But remember doing so manually is a lengthy and time-consuming process. Moreover, you need technical knowledge about it.
Hence, to save you from all this hassle and to help update drivers alongside optimizing PCs, we suggest using Advanced System Optimizer. This powerful PC cleanup tool helps clean junk files, delete duplicate files, and do a lot more. To use it and update drivers, follow the steps below:
1. Download, install and launch Advanced System Optimizer
2. Click Windows Optimizers > Driver Updater
3. Click Start Scan Now and wait for the scan to finish.
4. Once it is completed update all outdated drivers and restart the system.
5. Now, open Task Manager, you should no longer see High CPU Usage due to System Interrupts
However, if you don’t want to use the product, you can try checking for Windows Update as this too helps update drivers. Remember Windows Update does not always help get the latest driver update.
To check for available Windows Update follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + I > Update & Security
2. Click Check for Update wait for the action to complete.
3. If an update is available it will be downloaded and installed.
4. Restart the system and check if High CPU usage is solved or not.
Note: Alongside updating drivers using Advanced System Optimizer, you can also clean junk files, optimize computer and repair other PC related errors. For this, you can use the Smart PC Care module and select Deep Scan.
Fix 2. Disable Network Adapters
Network Adapters when transmitting data use CPU resources due to this sometimes you might encounter High CPU usage via System Interrupts. To stop this from happening, you can disable the feature.
To learn how to do and resolve Windows 10 System Interrupts High CPU follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + R
2. Enter devmgmt.msc > Enter
3. Navigate to Network adapters > double-click to expand
4. Select your network adapter > right-click > Properties
5. Select Advanced tab > under Property section, look for Wake on Magic Packet and Wake on pattern match. Selecting them one by one by one can change the value to Disabled for both.
6. Click Ok > exit Device Manager
Now move to Task Manager and see if the System Interrupts problem is solved or not. If this works for you, each time you face System Interrupts issues, follow the steps explained above.
Fix 3. Disable USB root hubs
1. Press Windows + R > devmgmt.msc
2. Navigate to Universal Serial Bus controllers
3. Double-click to expand it > Right-click USB Root Hub > Properties
4. Power tab > make sure both mouse and keyboard are using the root hub. If not, disable all except mouse and keyboard
Head to Task Manager and check if the System Interrupts problem is resolved or not.
Fix 4. Update BIOS
System Interrupts High CPU Usage can also be caused by outdated BIOS. To ensure it is not the reason, try updating BIOS. To learn how to do that, follow the steps below:
1. Open elevated Command Prompt
2. Enter the following commands one after the other press Enter key after each command:
systeminfo | findstr /I /c:bios
wmic bios get manufacturer, smbiosbiosversion
3. This will give details about the BIOS version. Note down all the details and head to the manufacturer site to see if an update is available. If yes, follow instructions and update BIOS.
Note: Updating BIOS is not easy, so if you face any problem or have any doubts, please take a complete system backup for this you can use Right Backup – a cloud backup tool.
Fix 5. Disable Audio Enhancements
To increase sound quality some sound drivers, use Audio Enhancements. But when the properties aren’t compatible with the system, you might face problems with System Interrupts. To fix this, follow the steps below:
1. Look for the speaker icon in system tray
2. Right-click default speaker > Properties
3. Click Enhancements tab > check the box next to Disable all sound effects > Apply > ok
4. Reboot the system and check if System Interrupts still consume more than 50% of resources
Fix 6. Disable Fast Startup
If you have updated your Windows recently you must have noticed, Windows 10 is faster. This is due to the Fast Startup option. But sometimes this too causes System Interrupts High CPU usage. To fix it we will need to disable Fast Startup. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + I > System
2. Select Power & Sleep from left pane > Additional Power Settings
3. Click Choose what the power buttons do from the left pane
4. Select Change Settings that are currently unavailable.
Note: To change these setting, you need admin rights
5. Scroll down and uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup
6. Save changes, reboot the system, and check if the System Interrupts High CPU problem is solved or not.
Fix 7. Check for corrupt Hardware
If nothing has worked so far, it seems there is some hardware failure. But how can you be sure, right?
When the computer freezes often, files take enough time to open, strange sounds are coming from the system, your hardware has some issues. To fix this, you will need to contact the manufacturer.
In addition to this, if you think RAM is creating issues use the Memory Diagnostic tool offered by Windows 10.
This will help fix the problem.
Hopefully, the 7 best fixes explained above have helped fix System Interrupts 100% High CPU Usage. If you know of any better solution, please share with it. We’d love to hear from you.
In case you have any questions, please drop the same in the comments section. Also, to keep the system optimized and clean, we suggest using Advanced System Optimizer. This tool will help fix all PC related errors.
FAQ – Windows 10 System Interrupts High CPU
Q1. Why is System Interrupts using so much CPU?
High CPU usage caused by System Interrupts is the result of faulty drivers, hardware errors. To fix this, updating drivers and optimizing the system is recommended. To get the job done quickly and easily using the best PC Optimizer and a cleanup tool like Advanced System Optimizer that offers driver updater, junk file cleaner, duplicate file cleaner, disk optimizer, and more is suggested.
Q2. How do I fix System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage?
To resolve System Interrupts 100% CPU Usage, perform the following operations:
- Update drivers
- Disable Network adapter
- Disable USB root hubs
- Update BIO
- Disable Audio Enhancements
- Disable Fast Startup
- Check if all hardware is working fine or not
Q3. Can I end System Interrupts?
No, you cannot end System Interrupts as it is a vital Windows component responsible for PC’s performance. It handles reports on hardware interrupts and Windows does not allow disabling it even temporarily.
Q4. Is it bad if my CPU runs at 100?
When CPU usage goes to 100% you might face freezing issues and the system’s performance slows down. However, this does not damage the CPU because the CPU can automatically throttle itself by shutting off before any harm can be caused.