There are several screen recording software for Windows PC (2021)that serve as efficient utilities for recording desktop activities. You can use these programs to record gameplays, video conference meetings, and on-screen activities that can be used for making presentations, how-to demonstration videos etc. To help you record desktop screens, this guide will recommend the 5 best paid and free offline screen recorders for Windows PC (2021).
Here are some prominent features of doing offline screen recording:
- Easy accessibility, since an installed program can be utilized when required.
- Use the offline screen recorder for PC, without an active connection.
- It has comparatively more features than online screen recording tools.
Best Offline Screen Recorder For PC (2021)
All the screen recording programs have their potential gains and drawbacks, so you can review each of their functionalities carefully and then choose the most suitable option for your Windows PC.
1. TweakShot Screen Recorder
Video Tutorial = How To Use TweakShot Screen Recorder?
TweakShot Screen Capture provides one of the fastest ways to take screenshots on your PC, record on-screen activities (with audio), edit them and then share directly through cloud storage platforms. Using the screen capturing tool, you can grab screenshots in the following formats: an active window, full screen, rectangular area, scrolling screenshots etc. It also offers tons of tools to edit the image with an image cropper, highlighter, resizer and more.
PROS & CONS: TweakShot Screen Recorder
Here are the major upsides & downsides of using TweakShot Screen Recorder for Windows PC:
- Provides a simple & straightforward experience.
- Tools to take a variety of screenshots & video capturing.
- Powerful image editor to refine the output.
- Supports saving files to cloud storage: Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
- Suitable for novice & advanced users.
- Trial period is available for 15-days only.
Latest Version: 18.104.22.16821
File Size: 5.5 MB
Must-Read: 10 Best Screen Recording Software For Mac
2. Wondershare DemoCreator
Video Tutorial = How To Use Wondershare DemoCreator?
Wondershare DemoCreator is known for its easy-to-use interface and impeccable video editor that comes in-built with the offline screen recorder. The application supports capturing both the display and webcam with audio. If you are someone who’s looking for a perfect tool to create instructional or promotional videos, then DemoCreator by Wondershare is a must-have offline screen recording program. What’s unique? The software supports cursor icon changing while recording a tutorial. Cool, right?
PROS & CONS: Wondershare DemoCreator
Here are the major benefits and flaws of the Wondershare DemoCreator tool:
- Comes with audio depiction & mixer ability.
- Allows you to annotate text while recording.
- Supports various file formats to output your recordings.
- Highly compatible with both new and old OS versions.
- Doesn’t consume many system resources.
- Comes with a watermark.
- To record HD quality, you need to purchase the whole package.
Latest Version: 22.214.171.124
File Size: 1.3 MB
Must-Read: How to Record Screen on Windows 11 (Updated)
3. OBS Studio
Video Tutorial = How To Use OBS Studio?
OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Studio) is a free offline screen recorder that allows you to record the entire display in one go. The application certainly has no restriction on the duration of the limit and supports HD quality. The screen grabbing software gives you the ability to record the full screen, webcam using a set of handy tools and with the help of adaptable hotkeys. What’s best? The offline screen recorder for PC imposes no watermark on the final output and has a live streaming capacity.
PROS & CONS: OBS Studio
Here are the major upsides & downsides of OBS Studio, the most popular offline screen recorder:
- Best open-source screen recording software.
- Comes with a lot of online teaching materials, guides etc.
- Supports different formats like FLV, MKV, MP4, etc) and resolutions.
- Compatible with well-known platforms like FB Live, Twitch, YouTube etc.
- Install custom plugins for a smooth & productive experience.
- Uses a significant amount of system resources.
Latest Version: 27.1.1
File Size: 82.9 MB
4. Movavi Screen Capture
Video Tutorial = How To Use Movavi Screen Capture?
Movavi is a lightweight program for screen capturing and used by a variety of users to record webinars, tutorials, online classes, lectures, presentations, work calls and whatnot. The application supports an impressive set of aspects to record Full HD video at about 60 frames/sound. It comes with a variety of tools for editing videos, converting multimedia and more. Movavi offers tons of personalized shortcuts to ease the overall process.
PROS & CONS: Movavi
Here are the major advantages & disadvantages of using Movavi screen recording software:
- Allows you to schedule recording.
- Supports instant social sharing.
- Comes with multiple exporting options.
- Tools for video stabilization, slow motion, green screen effect etc.
- Suitable offline screen recorder for both novice & pro users.
- The offline screen recorder can crash sometimes.
- Poor customer support.
Latest Version: 21.4.0
File Size: 47 MB
Video Tutorial = How To Use Screencast-O-Matic?
Screencast-O-Matic is arguably the best offline screen recorder for PC. The application is lightweight and provides tons of options for screen recording and editing to yield professional results. The application has an intuitive interface that makes it a flawless experience for users to record videos in the best resolution. It even comes with a free version that allows 15 minutes of recording and embeds watermark to the final output video.
PROS & CONS: Screencast-O-Matic
Here are the major upsides & downsides of using Screencast-O-Matic software:
- Allows you to record sound, using a webcam.
- Supports capturing a specific region of the screen.
- Has tons of video editing tools.
- Comes as an online screen recorder as well.
- Supports a variety of file formats & resolutions for saving.
- Uses moderate system resources & memory.
- Cannot publish videos to Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
Latest Version: 2.0
File Size: 17.1 MB
Which Is The Best Offline Screen Recorder For PC To Use In 2021?
After reading this post, I am sure you must be feeling more confident when it comes to choosing the right software for your Windows PC. All the screen recording utilities mentioned above boast a wide array of features that would surely make the entire process smooth and improve your productivity in some or another way. Our personal recommendation suggests using the TweakShot Screen Capture tool, the application is reliable for grabbing multiple kinds of screenshots and recording screens in HD quality. You can further edit the files within the app and share them with your friends, family or colleagues via Google Drive, DropBox etc.
If you have any questions, thoughts or suggestions, feel free to mention them in the comments section below. You can even write to us at [email protected].
Till then, Happy Screen Recording!