iTunes allows users to handle their iPhones and other Apple devices efficiently. It is used not only to update or create playlists and songs on iOS devices but even to handle the information or data you have on your device. Users can back up and restore their iOS devices and upgrade them. However, many users have reported that they have been experiencing an iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is a missing issue while attempting to restore their iPhone with iTunes.
How to fix – ‘iTunes Could Not Connect to This iPhone, the value is missing’
So, in this article, we’ll go over the most common ways to fix this error –
Fix 1: Update iTunes and iOS to the Most Recent Versions
There is a high chance that the error message will flash on the screen of your iPhone if the versions of iTunes and iOS are out of date. Follow these steps to update the iOS version.
Step 1: Update iOS to the most recent version
You can’t make use of iTunes to update your iOS if iTunes isn’t getting connected to your device.
Kindly follow these steps to upgrade your iOS wirelessly:
- Connect your iPhone to the Internet (preferably via Wi-Fi).
- Select Settings, go to General, and then select and click on Software Update from the menu.
- Click the Download and Install button.
- If you have a passcode on your iPhone, you must enter it to proceed.
- Finally, click on Install Now.
When your iPhone’s iOS version is updated, proceed to step 2 to update your iTunes.
Step 2: Update iTunes to the most recent version
Kindly follow these steps:
- Launch iTunes.
- Check for Updates by going to Help, selecting, and clicking on Check for Updates.
- The software will automatically start checking for updates. If a new version is available, you can finish the update process by following the wizard.
Once the iTunes update process is complete, you can check to see if the ‘the value is missing’ error has been resolved.
Fix 2: Uninstall and Then Reinstall iTunes and Its Components
If iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. If the value is missing issue persists after updating iTunes, then the next step will be to uninstall iTunes and all its related components. After that, reinstall iTunes.
Step 1: Remove iTunes and its related components
Kindly follow these steps to uninstall iTunes and its associated components from your PC:
- Go to Start Menu and search for the Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Navigate to iTunes. Then, from the pop-up menu, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Click Yes in the pop-up window.
The uninstalling of iTunes will begin automatically. When it’s finished, you can use the same method to uninstall any associated components, such as Apple Software Update, Bonjour, Apple Mobile Device Support, QuickTime, and so on.
After these steps, you must restart your computer.
Step 2: Reinstall iTunes
When your computer has successfully booted, open Google and navigate to the Apple official website to download the most recent iTunes version.
After completing these two steps, you can check to see if your iPhone can be connected to iTunes.
If the iPhone is disabled and the connection to iTunes value is missing, or if a similar issue persists, try the next solution.
Fix 3: Use MiniTool Mobile Recovery to Recover Your iPhone Data
Are you still unable to back up your iPhone data using MiniTool because iTunes could not connect to this iPhone? The value is missing” issue? Well, then, you can also backup your iPhone using iCloud.
Nevertheless, if you need to recover your iPhone with iTunes, the given error prevents you from doing so. You must apply another method to restore your data from a previous iTunes backup file. Get MiniTool Mobile Recovery for your computer, making this task easy.
1. Launch the software and select the Recover from iTunes Backup File module to proceed.
2. The application will display the previous iTunes backup file. If not, you must manually locate the specific iTunes backup file on your computer by pressing the Select button.
3. Select the iTunes backup file and click Scan to begin the scanning process.
4. You will see the scan results when the scanning is finished. Then, select each data type from the left list and check the files you require. Then, click Recover to save them somewhere safe.
To recover all of your necessary iOS data without limitations, you must upgrade this software to an advanced edition.
How do I connect to iTunes when my iPhone is missing value?
Although there are quite a few methods that can be used to connect to iTunes when your iPhone is a missing value. The main fixes are – Update iTunes, Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes and use Recovery app.
What does it mean when the value is missing?
It may occur when your iPhone is disabled for some reason, and you attempt to connect it to iTunes when your iPhone is operational. You connect it for backup or another task or when you attempt to restore or update your iPhone using iTunes.
Why does it say iTunes Cannot connect to this iPhone?
To begin, ensure that your device is connected to the internet and that your iPhone is switched on, unlocked, and on the Home screen. Check that your Mac or Windows computer is running the most recent software. If you use iTunes, ensure you have the most current version. Unlock your device and tap Trust if you see a Trust this Computer alert.
It turns out to be highly frustrating while trying to connect a disabled iPhone, as it can remove and clear all your contacts, videos, photos, call history, messages, etc. To help you avoid this problem, we have discussed distinctive ways to resolve the error. You can follow the steps to fix the iTunes connection error.
We would like to know your views on this post to make it more useful. Your suggestions and comments are welcome in the comment section below. Share the information with your friends and others by sharing the article on social media.
We love to hear from you!
We are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Let us know of any queries or suggestions. We love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post tips, tricks, and answers to common technology-related issues.
Related Topics –