“Why does my iPhone vibrate for no reason, out of the blue?” If that’s you, you are not alone. Many of those who face this are startled, thinking there might be an alert, a notification, a call, or something else. But, to their surprise (and at times to their horror), there is nothing. So, how do you fix the issue?
Ways To Stop iPhone Vibrating Randomly
Let’s dive into some effective measures you can undertake if you experience random vibrations on your iPhone
1. Disable Vibration
This is probably one of the first steps you should take if your iPhone vibrates randomly. Disabling vibration on your iPhone will help you ascertain if the random vibration on your iPhone is because of misconfigured settings or if there is some other reason. To disable vibration on iPhone, here are the steps –
Step 1. Open Settings.
Step 2. Head to Sounds & Haptics.
Step 3. Tap on Keyboard Feedback.
Step 4. Toggle off the Haptic switch.
2. Check Mail Notifications
It is quite possible that notifications from your mailing account are triggering vibrations on your iPhone. In such a scenario, you can turn off the notifications for all your mailing accounts and then check if vibrations still appear randomly on your iPhone. To disable notifications for your mailing account, follow the steps mentioned below –
1. Open Settings.
2. Go to Notifications
3. Tap on Mail.
4. Tap on Customize Notifications.
5. Tap on your accounts and select Alerts.
6. Toggle off the switch next to Alerts.
3. Check App Notification Settings
Quite like mail, there could be other apps whose notifications are triggering random vibrations on your iPhone, leaving you wondering, “Why does my iPhone randomly vibrate.” How to fix this? Turning off notifications for all such apps and here is how –
1. Open Settings
2. Scroll down unless you see Notifications.
3. Locate the app that may be creating the issue. Tap on the arrow next to it and check its settings.
4. Turn off the Allow Notifications toggle for a particular app.
4. Force Restart Your iPhone
If the above solutions are not working to turn the vibration off on your iPhone device, you can try force restarting your phone. Here are the steps to do that –
1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
2. Do the same with the volume down button.
3. Press and hold down the side button until you see the Apple logo. Once you see it, let go.
4. Your iPhone will restart.
Now, check if your iPhone has stopped vibrating for no reason or not.
5. Update Apps
Still wondering, “Why is my iPhone vibrating for no reason?” It could be that a bug has hit an app because you haven’t updated it. To update apps on your iPhone, follow the below-mentioned steps –
1. Open the App Store.
2. Tap on your profile icon that you can see at the top of the screen.
3. Scroll down and check if there is an app or apps that need an update.
4. You can either tap on the Update All button at the top to update all the apps, or you can tap on the Update button that you can see next to an app.
6. Use A New Charging Cable
When charging the phone, many users wonder – “Why my iPhone vibrates for no reason as soon as I plug it in for charging?”
The charger itself, the USB cable, or both are defective. In that scenario, disconnect your iPhone from the defective charger or USB capable and use a new one instead.
7. Reset Settings on iPhone
If, despite trying all the tricks in the hat, your iPhone still vibrates randomly, you can factory reset your iPhone. But, before that, we recommend that you take a backup of your iPhone so that you can restore crucial data from the backup in case of an emergency.
Here’s a One Stop Solution For All Your iPhone Issues
|As we said, you should back up your iPhone data before you reset your phone. But what if you have lost data or want to get your iPhone back to normal?
You can try an app like iMyFone Fixppo, a specialist in fixing common iPhone issues or recovering data. The best part is that it supports iOS 16.
Some of the prominent features of iMyFone Fixppo include –
A randomly vibrating iPhone can irk or even scare anyone. But when you have tricks like the one above up your sleeve, you needn’t worry.
And, if you have been able to resolve random vibrations on your iPhone, drop us a like and share this post with your other iPhone pals who might be going through the same situation.
For more such updates, keep reading WeTheGeek.