Apple has changed the procedure to force restart or hard reset of iPhone, and it is quite different compared to the earlier versions of iPhones. In the previous versions, we relied on an order of three buttons which were supposed to be pressed to complete the hard reboot procedure. However, this will not work on iPhone X, as pressing and holding these buttons activates Apple’s new Emergency SOS Mode.
If you run into problems on your new iPhone X, then there is no harm in rebooting or hard resetting your iPhone.
Must Read: Add Virtual Home Button To Your iPhone X
So, in case your iPhone behaves abnormally or apps do not respond properly, you have an option to hard reset your iPhone X.
Let’s look out how to Hard Reset or Reboot your iPhone X.
Steps to Hard Reset or Reboot iPhone X Using Power and Volume Buttons
- Press the Volume Up button and quickly release it.
- Now, press the Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- Finally, you need to press and hold the Power ON/OFF button until the Apple logo appears on the screen of your iPhone.
Restart or Reboot iPhone X Without Using Power and Volume Buttons
In case you do not wish to use this method, here is another way to reboot iPhone X, using AssistiveTouch.
- Tap on Settings app on your iPhone.
- On the Settings screen, tap on the General.
- Next, tap on Accessibility.
- Here, scroll down and tap on AssistiveTouch placed under INTERACTION.
- Toggle on AssistiveTouch.
- Once AssistiveTouch is enabled, you will be able to see a new Assistive Touch button on your iPhone. Now, you just need to tap on the Assistive Touch button.
- Now, tap on the Device option.
- Tap on the More option.
- Finally, tap on the Restart to Reboot your iPhone X.
That’s it! Now you just have to wait until your iPhone X boots up.
Must Read: How to Disable Face ID on your iPhone X
Although it will take some time to adjust to this change, the new rebooting methods are certainly not difficult. We hope you found our article helpful. Do let us know in the comments section below.