BlueStacks is a great Android Emulator for Mac users, yet if you want to delete it from your Mac, we explain how to uninstall BlueStacks.
Like other installed applications on Mac, BlueStacks take storage space. So, if you are facing low storage space issues and due to that, you want to uninstall Bluestacks think again. There are other ways to free up space and optimize Mac. One of them is to use the best Mac cleanup tool called Disk Clean Pro. Using this excellent tool, in no time, you can recover gigabytes of space and optimize Mac. In addition to this, you can check our post on the best Mac Cleanup and optimization tool.
However, if that is not the case and you just want to remove BlueStacks here, we go.
How to Uninstall BlueStacks
BlueStacks from Mac can be deleted in two ways, i.e., manually and automatically. To uninstall automatically, we will use a third-party application known as CleanMyMac X. Using this application without leaving any leftovers, you can easily get rid of BlueStacks.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start with the manual ways first.
Manual Ways to Uninstall BlueStacks from Mac
Note: Deleting BlueStacks from Windows is easy as a special BlueStacks uninstaller is available for it. But, for Mac, it isn’t that simple to delete BlueStacks from Mac; you need to follow certain steps.
- Quit BlueStacks App
- For this, press Esc+Option+Command keys, select BlueStacks App and click Force Quit.
Note: This keyboard shortcut does not work for hidden processes.
Alternatively, you can launch Activity Monitor > click All Processes > select the processes linked with BlueStacks > Quit Process > click Quit in the pop-up dialog box. If this doesn’t work, try Force Quitting the app.
2. Deleting BlueStacks App from Trash
To use this step, make sure you are logged in using an administrator account. Once done, follow the steps below:
- Launch Finder > click Applications folder
- Look for BlueStacks App Player > select it and drag to the Trash. Alternatively, choose BlueStacks App Player > right-click Move to Trash.
Note: If the application is installed from the App Store, simply head to Launchpad, look for the application to delete, select and hold the Option Key > click “X” > Delete in the confirmation dialog.
3. Remove all corresponding BlueStacks Files from Finder
Although BlueStacks is moved to Trash, there are chances that some of its logs, cache files, and other related files might be on the disk. To thoroughly delete them so that BlueStacks App is uninstalled properly, follow the steps below:
1. Open Spotlight and look for BlueStacks files in the Preferences folder. If this is complicated, open Finder > Go > Go to Folder.
2. Type ~/Library/Preferences look for BlueStacks, and related files select them and Move to Bin.
3. After this type ~/Library/Application Support/ in the Go menu > search for all BlueStacks file > select them and Move to Bin
4. Once done, enter ~/Library/Caches/ folders in Finder’s Go menu. Select the files, right-click Move to Bin.
This will delete all related BlueStacks files from your Mac.
5. Next, Empty Bin.
That’s it; you have successfully deleted BlueStacks from Mac. However, if you find this is too much and a bit complicated, we’ve got an easy way to uninstall BlueStacks.
To know what that is, read on.
Automatically Uninstalling BlueStacks
To remove BlueStacks completely without leaving any leftovers like temporary files and folders, logs, cache files, this is what you need to follow.
To eliminate BlueStacks without leaving any traces, we will use special software called CleanMyMac X. It helps uninstall any app from your Mac completely. In addition to this, it even helps optimize and clean up Mac. So, if you want a complete package, this is the right tool.
To use CleanMyMac X and uninstall BlueStacks, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install CleanMyMac X
2. Launch the application
3. Click Uninstaller module
4. Run a scan to list down all installed apps
5. Once done, look for Bluestacks > select it and click Uninstall.
6. This will delete all BlueStacks associated files.
So, this is all you can use either of the steps to remove BlueStacks from Mac. But remember, if you use manual steps, the chances are that some app leftover might still be there on your Mac. This will not only take unnecessary space but will also slow down Mac. So, if you are looking for a sure shot way to uninstall an app without leaving leftovers, nothing can be better than CleanMyMac X’s Uninstaller. Use it to remove any app from your Mac completely. Nonetheless, if you want to know more about the best Mac uninstaller tools, read our post. We hope you find this article helpful and can completely get rid of BlueStacks. Do let us know which method you picked and why in the comments section. We’d love to hear from you, so please leave us your suggestions.