Learn manual and automatic ways to take partial screenshots on Windows PC. However, if you want to edit the screenshot simultaneously, use TweakShot screen capture too. The software helps in capturing partial screenshots and even editing them.
Information is changing quickly, and technology is playing an important role. More people are now getting accustomed to working and studying online, but they have a hard time taking notes. Therefore, they are looking to take screenshots and record computer screens.
You have come to the right place if you are also part of this hunt. This post explains how to take full and partial screenshots.
How to Take Partial Screenshots on Windows PC
Take screenshots of a presentation, gameplay, quotations, key points, and others. Using a tool like TweakShot, you can easily take screenshots of full screen, partial screen, scrolling screen, and even a selected region.
It is one of the best screen capture tools. Unlike the other tools, you don’t need to take a screenshot and paste it into the application. When you capture a screenshot using TweakShot, it automatically opens the TweakShot screen recorder giving you various options to edit the screenshot. With this editor, you can add text to the screenshot, annotate, highlight important parts, or even pixelate or blur the sensitive information.
Furthermore, you can also record video and upload it to cloud storage.
How to Take Partial Screenshot Through TweakShot Screen Capture Tool
1. Download and install the TweakShot screen capture tool.
2. Run the best tool to capture the partial screen.
3. Now, to use the tool and capture partial screen, click the toolbar with a Big Eye icon and select the icon with four arrows. It will help select a partial screen.
Alternatively, you can click the TweakShot icon present in the system tray and select the screen capturing option from there. To capture a partial screen, use the Capture Region option.
4. Select the screen region, and that’s it. The captured screenshot will automatically open in TweakShot Image Editor.
If you want to use the editing tools provided by TweakShot, you can edit the screen capture or simply save it.
How to Edit Captured Screenshots Using TweakShot?
To learn more about it, follow the steps below:
1. Once the screenshot is captured with TweakShot, the image editor will automatically open.
2. You can find a list of editing tools on the left. As shown in the screenshot below:
3. Choose from any of the tools to edit the screenshot.
4. You can also click the Image tab to crop, rotate the image clockwise, anticlockwise, flip vertical, horizontal click Image tab.
5. Select the area you want to edit.
6. Furthermore, you can add annotation text and highlight important parts.
7. This way, you edit the screenshot taken on an HP laptop.
Moreover, you can Upload the screenshot on Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox.
Manual Steps to Capture Partial Screen
If you don’t want to use a tool to capture the screen, you can grab a portion of it by pressing the Windows Key + Shift + S (on Windows 10 and 11).
1. When you press the Windows key + Shift + S, the screen will fade to a white overlay, and the cursor will change to a crosshair cursor.
2. Select the area of the screen you want to capture.
3. Now, open the paint and paste the screenshot by pressing CTRL + V to paste the screenshot.
4. Save the screenshot, and that’s it.
Using these keyboard shortcuts, you can easily capture a partial screen.
This is how you can take a partial screenshot on Windows PC. You can either use the TweakShot Screen Capture tool or keyboard shortcuts. Whichever method suits your needs, the TweakShot screen capture tool is your best bet.
We hope you like the information we have shared and will give TweakShot – Screen capture and image editor tool a try. Please share your experience with the product in the comments box.
Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Q.1. How to take a partial screenshot in Windows 10?
To take a partial screenshot on Windows, press Windows Key + Shift + S, select the region you want to capture. In addition to this, you can also use TweakShot, the best screen capture, and image editing tool.
Q.2. How to take a partial screenshot on a Chromebook?
Press Ctrl + Shift + show all Windows symbols on your keyboard > select the region you want to capture. That’s all; this is how you can take a partial screenshot on Chromebook.
Q.3. How to take a screenshot with a rectangular Snip?
Press Windows logo key + Shift + S > rectangular mode will be selected by default, and screenshot will be copied to clipboard. Now open an image editor and press Ctrl+V to paste the captured screenshot.