If you are a Windows XP user struggling to bring newness to your old PC, then you may not find many updates trolling for you. But your ex-version of Windows can get higher if you try out some tricks to speed it up. There must be myriad reasons for your computer to slow down. Some of you mustn’t be having enough RAM to support all files and applications while others may be having cluttered desktops, duplicates, and so on. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best tips and tricks to speed up the response time and overall performance!
Top 5 Tips to Speed up Windows XP PC (2023 Updated Guide)
Here are some of the ways to improve the performance of your old Windows XP.
1. Clean out all Cache Files:
Your system may be creating cache files even in the week when you didn’t touch your system. Cache files are hidden temporary files that silently occupy space on the hard drive. These files get automatically created in routine computer functioning. Cache files also get created when the system isn’t in use. This happens when you haven’t shut down your PC and applications silently run in the background.
These files can be deleted in a few simple steps. Click on “My Computer” and right-click the drive you want to delete temporary files from. Now select the Properties option from it and click on Disk Cleanup. A list of files will open before you, select ‘temporary files and click on the ‘ok’ button to delete temporary files.
2. Alter Virtual Memory Settings:
Virtual Memory in your Windows XP works as a subsidiary of its RAM. It stores much information on the system in situations when physical RAM is running out of storage. Therefore, virtual memory acts as another storehouse for your Windows XP. Changing its settings will bring much impact on your system.
Change the virtual memory of your system under the Control Panel. Click on the start button and then on Control Panel, and type virtual memory in the search bar. Now open ‘System’, you will see a list of options on the left panel, click on “Advanced System Settings”. You will see the performance option in the list, click on its settings. Now click on Advanced and then on the ‘change’ button. Now enter a new virtual memory space in it and reboot your system, in order to bring these changes into effect.
3. Trim Down Unwanted Files:
There must be many files on your Windows XP that need not hog space on the disk. Remove all these files and recover gigabytes of space on disk. This will help in speeding up Windows XP. The lesser the cache and obsolete files on your Windows, the more effective and proficient will it work.
4. Clean up Autoloaders:
Every time when Windows boots, it automatically loads some programs, these are called autoloaders. Autoloaders are also responsible to slow down the system. Sometimes these autoloaders are small in size but many in numbers and sometimes a few in numbers but big in size. However, both kinds are sources of data clogging and space-hogging. You should change settings for the same to speed up your Windows XP.
Click on the start button and type run in the search section. Open the run program of your Windows XP and type ‘msconfig’ and click on ‘Ok’. Now click on ‘Startup’ and untick the options to disable them. Press ‘OK’ to save the changes.
5. Choose Smarter Way to perform all this at once:-
Performing all these steps will help you speed up your Windows XP. But at the same time, takes a lot more time than it requires. All these steps can simply be performed by special tools exclusively meant for this purpose. One such tool is Advanced System Optimizer, which optimizes the disk to bring it to the finest working state. A few of its functions are listed below.
- System Cleaner: Cleans the disks to recover disk space and ensures fewer system crashes. It cleans out all the unnecessary and obsolete files that make your system work improperly. This helps in enhancing system performance.
- Driver Updater: It helps you find the latest drivers, which makes sure that your system works faster and smoother. Automatic driver updates are enabled with the tool, requiring less effort from the users’ side. Along with doing all this, it also backs up existing drivers before installing new ones.
- Game Optimizer: Game lovers would love this feature! Advanced System Optimizer temporarily blocks all interruptions and makes a computer a gaming machine while gaming is on. The tool enables gaming mode with a click and lets the user have fun in their private gaming zone.
- Disk Optimizer: De-fragmenting your disk becomes simple and effortless once this handy tool is installed on your system. You will enjoy a smooth and swift system, which would load data faster than ever.
- System Protector: Last but not the least, Advanced System Protector will protect your system from all spyware and safeguard it 24×7. It won’t let any malware enter your system and block any of your personal information.
All these remarkable features of Advanced System Optimizer will make your Windows XP run smoothly and more stable. Fewer crashes and optimized systems are the greatest benefits of the tool. These benefits are not just limited to Windows XP, but Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users can also enjoy them.
- Advanced System Optimizer Review: Is It A Good PC Cleaning Software?
- How To Fix Common Computer Errors On Your Computer Using Advanced System Optimizer?
- 7 Best Fixes To Solve System Interrupts High CPU Usage – Windows 10
Have any doubts or feedback related to the article? Feel free to share them in the comments section below. You can also get in touch with us on our Facebook page!