Weddings are an event, whose memories stay with you for eternity, and photographs are one way to capture those memories. But, what if you accidentally deleted them? Or what if the photographer or a friend whom you gave those photos for editing, accidentally deleted them and worse! You had no backup.
Worry not, we are here to help. In this blog, we will enlist simple ways using which you will be able to recover photos that may have been deleted accidentally.
Table Of Contents
What We Recommend
We highly suggest that you install a photo recovery software for your computer or photo recovery app for your smartphone. For instance, Photos Recovery from Systweak is an excellent utility available for Windows and Android that can help you retrieve photos from any storage medium.
Features At A Glance
1. Easy-to-use simplistic interface2. Supports removable storage mediums such as external hard disk and memory cards3. Multiple comparisons (scanning methods) for exactnes
4. You can preview the images before restoring them
5. Customizable settings
Ways To Recover Accidentally Deleted Wedding Photos On Windows/ Android/ iOS and macOS
Windows 10 offers some ways using which you can restore deleted files. You can use the File History function in Windows 10 for the recovery of permanently deleted files.
Note: Before proceeding, make sure File History option is enabled. If it is not, move to the next method.
Here are the steps:
- Type Restore Files in the Windows search bar.
- When you see the option Restore your files with file history, from the right-hand pane click on Open.
- You may have to tweak settings.
- You will see all your primary folders, including desktop, contacts and more. Go to the folder, which contained your data.
- Click on the Restore button in the middle of the screen to restore the desired version of the file or folder
How to recover accidentally deleted wedding photos using the Photos Recovery tool for Windows?
To get back you deleted wedding photos on your Windows PC, all you need to do is get Photos Recovery by Systweak Software. This is an amazing tool which works on advanced algorithms to help restoring your precious photos from the computer.
- Download and install the Photos Recovery tool for Windows
- Select your location from where you want to recover deleted photos, the disk partitions are mentioned under Hard Drive on the home screen.
- Choose one of the below-mentioned scan methods –
- Quick scan –
Scans for all recoverable photos that were deleted using the shift+delete function and is a quick method.
- Deep Scan
This is a more in-depth scan and may consume some time. That is because it performs a sector-wise system scan.
Once done, click on the Start Scan button. The scanning will start and Photos Recovery will start detecting the deleted wedding photos.
- The scan results are available in the list form in the case of Quick scan. In case of Deep scan you get the List view and the Tree view to dig deeper into the location of the deleted files. You can also preview the photos by right click on them. Note that by default all the recovered photos all selected.
After previewing the results, you can select the image/ images that you want to recover.
- Once you are sure for you selection, click on the Recover button. It will open up the browser to save the recovered photos, make sure to select a different location than the original to prevent overwriting.
There are high chances that you use a cloud storage medium to store your photos. All cloud storage mediums such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive have a way to restore data. For instance, if you use Google Drive and have accidentally deleted your photos from the gallery, you will have 30 days to recover photos. Here are the steps to restore deleted wedding photos –
- Open Google Drive.
- Tap on the hamburger icon on the top right corner.
- Tap on the bin.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon against the image that you want to restore.
- Tap on restore.
How to recover accidentally deleted wedding photos using the Photos Recovery App for Android?
1. Install the Photos Recovery app from the Google Play Store.
2. Tap on Start Scan and allow the app to check the gallery and storage of your Android device.
The scan might take some time.
3. After the scanning is completed, you can preview the images and even sort the images by date, size, and name.
4. Once, you have selected the image/s click on the down arrow icon at the top-right of the screen, and that’s it, your images will be restored.
Since anyone can accidentally delete images, the chances are that if you have an iPhone or Mac, you might have deleted photos in the wake of making some extra storage space on your device. If you want to recover deleted wedding photos on your iPhone or Mac, here are the steps you can follow –
- Go to your Photos app and access your albums
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the Recently Deleted folder
- In the folder, select the images that you want to recover
Note: Similar steps would work on your Mac as well
Until and unless the photos are recoverable, there lies a possibility to recover them back and we hope that you would be able to recover accidentally deleted wedding photos with ease by using one of the ways mentioned above. Do let us know which of the above methods worked out for you.
For more troubleshooting tips, tricks and hacks keep reading Systweak Blogs. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel and connect with us on Facebook. For any more suggestions, you can write us [email protected].