Summary: Facing disconnecting from Wi-Fi issue on Windows laptop 10/8/7? Well, this isn’t the rare issue faced by you; many users have reported this case now and then. Let’s fix the issue now!
Problem: Laptop Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi
Well, the error could be annoying when your Windows laptop keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.It becomes more troublesome when you have a poor network as it takes longer than expected to reconnect. The possible reasons behind this issue could be:
- Incorrect network configuration
- Erroneous Power Settings related to network
- Corrupted or outdated Wi-Fi drivers, etc.
Now that if you have an error causing you trouble unnecessarily, it’s time to fix it!
Thankfully, you can do it following a few simple steps. Let’s discuss how?
Fixed: Laptop Keeps Connecting to Wi-Fi
Method 1: Reboot Your Laptop And Network Device
The first quick solution to fix “laptop keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi” is to restart both the devices, i.e. laptop and router. It will help you reset the network settings instantly to fix the error. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn off network device (router) and unplug the power cable from it.
- Power off your laptop and disconnect the power cable.
- Wait for approx 1 minute.
- Connect your laptop and router to power with power cable.
- Power on laptop and router.
Check if the laptop can connect to the network (wireless connection) without any error.
Also Read: How To Fix Laptop Freezing Problem?
Method 2: Run Network Troubleshooter
The next effective step to fix the error is to run network troubleshooter. Windows Troubleshooter is a useful built-in utility on your PC that helps you find & fix various issues effortlessly. To run Windows troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Right-click on Start menu button and select Settings.
- On the Settings window, select Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Select ‘Internet Connections’ under Get Up and Running.
- Tap Run the Troubleshooter
Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the error.
Method 3: Configure Power Management
Another reason behind the laptop keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi could be that your device turns off the wireless network to save power. If this is the case, you would require re-configuring the settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R to open Run box.
- Type cpl and click OK.
- On the Network Connections window, right-click on your network device and select Properties.
Note: You will find Bluetooth Network Connection, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi option here. Select the one you are connected with.
- On the next window, click on the Configure
- Select the Power Management
- Here, uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
- Press OK.
Method 4: Reset TCP/IP Configuration
The next effective method to fix the error is to reset the TCP/IP settings into the default settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type netshwinsock reset and press Enter.
- Type netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt and press Enter.
- Reboot your laptop.
Method 5: Switch Network from Public to Private
Next method to fix laptop keeps connecting to Wi-Fi is switching network from public to private. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R to open Run window.
- Here, type ms-settings:network-wifi and press OK.
- Select your Network and then, select Private.
So, these were five quick methods to help you fix laptop keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi. In addition to these steps, you can also try to update or reinstall Wi-Fi adapter driver from Device Manager. Do try these advanced methods and share your feedback in the comments below.