Gamers can rock their lives anywhere, be it Play Station, Xbox 360, or PC. Since we are discussing connecting the Xbox 360 controller to the PC, let us tell you the reason behind it. Even though the player can use a keyboard and mouse to enjoy the game, yet it is so true that the Xbox controller gives you a different momentum and experience.
Moreover, if you could connect the Xbox 360 controller to PC, you do not need to spend money on another type of PC-exclusive controller, just like you can connect the PS4 controller to PC. Now, we can see the spark in your eyes. So yes, with this piece of article, you will be able to answer the question of how to connect the Xbox 360 controller to windows 10 PC.
- How to connect Xbox 360 controller to PC (Wired)?
- How to connect Xbox 360 controller to PC wirelessly?
How To Connect Xbox 360 Controller To PC (Wired)?
Step 1: Hold your Xbox 360 connector’s USB port and plug it into Windows 10 USB port.
Step 2: Windows 10 will install drivers for Xbox 360 automatically.
Step 3: As soon as the driver is installed, you can start using the Xbox 360 controller on your PC. You can open a game and test all the buttons and stick to see if you can play on the PC.
Pro tip: If you already have the associated driver, but it is not updated, then you can install & run Advanced Driver Updater on your PC. It is capable of updating all the outdated drivers required to play games or run any other accessory.
How To Connect Xbox 360 Controller To PC Wirelessly?
Now, if you own an Xbox 360 controller with no wire attached to it, you need to have an Xbox 360 wireless receiver in between to connect the controller and PC. You can buy a receiver and use it to connect multiple controllers and wireless headsets. It merely eliminates the need for any other additional accessories to play games on Windows PC.
Here, we have shared the link to get Microsoft receiver; you may choose to buy a regular receiver as and how you like.
Step 1: Plug in the receiver in your computer’s USB port.
Step 2: There will be most probably green light on the receiver signaling that it is ready to work.
Step 3: Now, you need to install the required software to connect the Xbox 360 controller to the PC.
For this, you have three options:
- Windows will automatically come up with the wizard asking you to install software automatically. Select Next and let the software install.
- You will probably see an installation disk along with the receiver. Put the disk inside the optical drive and let the installation finish. If you have any doubts, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Another option to install the software is to visit the Xbox 260 wireless controller for Windows. Make sure you choose the right software driver and language to download.
Step 4: Restart the computer once done. And now, start your Xbox controller by pressing the ‘X’ or Guide button.
Step 5: As the light on the Xbox 360 controller turns green and stabilizes, it is ready to establish the connection. You can test the controller by playing games on Windows PC and escape from buying a new PC controller.
Hey, you must have got the answer on how to connect Xbox 360 controller to PC. However, many of us seek help on how to connect the Xbox 360 controller to a PC without a receiver. Alas, there is no method by now which these devices can be connected without wires or even using cable. Since controllers do not act as Bluetooth devices or cloned controllers cannot simplify the task, it is best to use the above two methods only. With this, you can also check:
- How to gameshare on Xbox One?
- How to use Xbox Game Pass on Windows 10?
- How to play PS4 games on PC/Mac using Remote play?
- How to setup VPN on PS4?
- How to play PS4 games remotely on Android?
We hope you enjoy your gaming experience smoothly now! We want to know your suggestions and comments in the comment section below.