Gaming on Windows PC is a fun experience. And, if you are a frequent gamer, the feeling just can’t be expressed. However, time and again issues do surface that may cause worries. Take the “Easy Anti Cheat Game Security Violation Detected” error. Let’s try and understand this error a little more.
Anti-cheat software prevents players online from gaining any unfair advantage by using third-party software such as VPN. Your very own Antivirus might also block the game you are playing resulting in the “Game Security Violation Detected” error.
Common Reasons That May Cause The Error –
- If the game flags off the VPN as a malicious program.
- Corrupted game files
- Outdated or corrupt graphics drivers.
- RGB or light control software interfering with the game.
- You don’t have the administrative privileges to run the game.
In this post, we’ll look at ways to resolve the above-mentioned issues.
Common Games That May Return The “Game Security Violation Detected” Error –
- Apex Legends
4 Easy Ways to Fix “Game Security Violation Detected” Error
1. Close Lighting Control Software
In case the LED lighting on your motherboard or graphics card is controlled by software like Lightservice.exe and mycolor2.exe, you may receive the aforementioned error while playing a game. What you can do is disable the services as shown in the steps mentioned below –
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Esc and open the Task Manager.
- Select the program that you use to control lighting. If there are many you may have to select them one by one. Some examples include – mycolor2.exe, Lightservice.exe, etc
- Right-click on the program and select End Task.
- Relaunch your game and see if the issue is resolved.
2. Uninstall The RGB Software
If the error message displays an executable file’s name, you know who the culprit is. Uninstalling the RGB software or the culprit file is the best bet that can help you get over the issue. Here are the steps to uninstall a program using Control Panel –
- In the Windows search bar, type Control Panel.
- Click on the View by dropdown and select Category.
- Under Programs. Select Uninstall a program.
- Select the RGB software which is creating the issue and click on Uninstall from the top.
However, Using the Control Panel is just one of the ways of uninstalling a program from your Windows 11/10 PC. An even easier way to uninstall programs completely with no leftovers is to use an uninstaller software for Windows.
3. Disable Antivirus and VPN
If you receive the “ Easy Anti-Cheat Game Security Violation Detected (#00000001)” error while playing a game, try disabling your Antivirus and VPN (if you have one installed).
You might be wondering when can your Antivirus interfere with your game and return the error at hand. There could be multiple reasons –
- Your Antivirus wasn’t installed correctly.
- You have mistakenly added the game to your Antivirus block list.
- Your Antivirus doesn’t support Anti-cheat
Try disabling your Antivirus and then play the game to see if it is causing the issue. That said, if you constantly get the error when your Antivirus is enabled, we’d urge you to switch to an alternative Antivirus that is known for not interfering with games.
A VPN relocates your network and as such there are games whose anti-cheating software may flag your VPN as malicious software. So, before you start the game, disconnect your VPN, restart your computer, and then check if you are receiving the error or not.
4. Update Graphics Driver
Still getting the error message “Game Security Violation Detected”, it is possible that your graphics driver is corrupt or outdated. There are two ways to deal with this, first, you can try and update your graphics driver manually.
The second and more effective and safe way to update drivers is to use a driver updater program. Advanced Driver Updater is one such program that can help you identify outdated drivers on your PC and install the latest version.
That’s not all, it comes packed with several other great features such as –
- Ability to backup drivers before updating them.
- Restoring older versions of drivers in case the update isn’t what you expected.
- Facility to schedule scans at your desired time.
- Batch update multiple drivers at once.
- Exclude drivers from the driver scan.
Want to know how Advanced Driver Updater works? Want to dive deeper into the above-mentioned features? Check this post out.
Some software like VPN may lead you to an error like the one mentioned in this post. In such a case you can disable the VPN. And, if even that doesn’t fix the issue, you can try out the solutions mentioned in this post. For more such content, keep reading WeTheGeek. You can also find us on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flipboard, and Instagram.