Wondering how SysMain and Superfetch are related? Well, it’s Superfetch under the new name i.e., SysMain. This means if you have ever faced 100% CPU usage due to Superfetch, you might face similar problems with SysMain.
But, worry not, we can disable SysMain. And in this post, we will discuss how to do that and fix Service Host SysMain High Disk Usage in Windows 10.
But first thing first….
How To Automatically Fix Various PC Problems?
This excellent software is light on system resources, and it helps fix invalid registry entries, clean junk files, uninstall apps, manage startup, and do a lot more. In short, it is an all-in-one PC optimization and system cleanup tool that will help fix DLL problems, BSOD, and other common Windows problems in just 3 steps.
To learn how to use it and fix viruses, follow the step-by-step guide below:
1. Download, install and run Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Click Start Scan Now
3. Wait for the scan to finish
4. Once done, you will see several errors under each section. To fix them click Clean Now.
5. Restart Windows.
You’ll now experience improved boot time. Also, the performance will be improved a good amount of storage space will be recovered.
Once you use the product, do share your experience in the comments section.
What is the SysMain service?
SysMain is a service that analyzes your computer usage patterns and optimizes startup programs. But sometimes, this file consumes too much CPU resources that slow down system performance and heats the PC. Hence, we need to disable this file and fix high disk usage. To learn that, follow step by step guide explained below:
How to Fix SysMain High CPU Usage on Windows 10?
Service Host SysMain is a bundle of system processes that includes different processes. If you face problems due to this file like slow performance or system heat up, follow these fixes.
Solution 1: Stop SysMain Service
To disable SysMain Service from running, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + R
2. In the Run window type services.msc and press Enter
3. Look for SysMain service.
4. Right-click > Properties
5. Here click, the downward arrow next to Startup and select Disabled > Stop > Apply > Ok
6. Press Ctrl+Shift+Del and open Task Manager.
7. Look for SysMain service; it should no longer be consuming resources.
However, if the issue persists, move to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Disable SysMain via Command Prompt
1. In the Windows search bar, type Command Prompt
2. Select the search result > right-click > Run as administrator
3. Here type the following command: sc stop “SysMain” & sc config “SysMain” start=disabled
4. After it is successfully processed, you will get Change Service Config Success, message.
5. Exit Command Prompt and open Task Manager to check disk usage
You should no longer see 100% CPU usage caused due to Service Host SysMain.
Solution 3 – Modify SysMain via Registry Editor
To resolve service Host SysMain high CPU usage, we suggest modifying registry entry. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + R
2. Type regedit in Run window
3. Here navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SysMain
4. Look for the Start key in the right pane.
5. Right-click > Modify
6. Change the Value data from 2 to 4 and click Ok to save changes.
7. Exit registry editor and head to Task Manager to check if the high disk usage issue is resolved or not.
Solution 4 – Update Windows
Updating Windows also helps fix high disk usage issues. Hence, we suggest downloading and installing the latest updates. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. In the Windows search bar, type Windows update
2. Click Check for updates
3. Wait for Windows to look for updates.
Note: You need to connect to the internet to update Windows
4. If any updates are detected, download and install the update.
Now, check the Task Manager, the SysMain causing high disk usage should be resolved.
Solution 5 – Run SFC scannow command
When system files get corrupt, you might face issues with the service host local system file. To fix it, we need to check and repair corrupted system files. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + X
2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
3. Type SFC /scannow and hit Enter
4. Wait for the process to run. If any corrupt files are detected, it will be repaired.
5. Now, check the Task Manager for service Host SysMain CPU problem.
Solution 6: Disable Background Intelligent Transfer
1. In Windows Run window type msconfig > Enter
2. Click the Services tab and look for Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
3. Select and uncheck the box next to it
4. Click Apply > Ok
5. Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 7: Disable Service Host Local
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
2. Click the Processes tab
3. Scroll down to look Service that is consuming most CPU power
4. Right-click > End task
5. Restart the system and see if the High CPU problem is resolved or not.
These are different ways to fix service Host SysMain High CPU Usage.
Change HDD to SSD
If you are using the traditional hard disk drive, using an SSD drive is suggested. This will help reduce the background running processes and decrease the chance of high CPU usage.
We hope using these steps, you can fix the service Host SysMain high CPU problem on Windows 10. In addition to them, if you use Advanced PC Cleanup, you will see that you can not only recover storage space but can also get rid of malware, identity revealing traces, and more. Do let us know which step worked for you and did you try using Advanced PC Cleanup or not in the comments section. Your feedback is valuable.