BUGSPLAT.DLL is an important system file on the Windows operating system. It further comprises a set of driver functions as well as procedures that might be applicable to Windows. In case BUGSPLAT.DLL is missing, it may deteriorate the work of the software it is associated with.
Best Ways to Fix Bugsplat.dll Not Found Error?
I. About The Error
Chances are you have stumbled upon this blog because you are facing one of the BUGSPLAT.DLL error messages like bugsplat.dll was not found, bugsplat.dll could not be located, Cannot find bugsplat.dll, bugsplat.dll crash, etc
II. What Are The Reasons For Getting BUGSPLAT.DLL Error Message?
- Faulty application
- Missing or corrupt BUSGPLAT.DLL file
- Presence of malware
- Registry Issues
Let’s discuss ways to fix – BUGSPLAT.DLL Error Messages?
III. Ways To Fix The BUGSPLAT.DLL Error Message
1. Run CHKDSK and SFC Command
Windows itself is packed with two powerful command-line utilities that can fix BUGSPLAT.DLL issues. While the CHKDSK or check disk command helps scan and repair system errors, the SFC command scans all protected system files and then replaces the corrupt files. Here are the steps to use them –
1. In the Windows search bar, type cmd.
2. Select Run as administrator from the right-hand side of the screen.
3. When the Command Prompt opens run the following commands in succession as directed below –
Sfc /scannow (press Enter and wait for the scan to complete)
Chkdsk D: /f (press Enter)
In the CHKDSK command D represents the drive letter. So, if you want to check E drive, type Chkdsk E: /f
2. Fix Common System Issues
Certain issues in your Windows can prove to be very pesky, in the sense that they can corrupt various kinds of crucial files and even make applications malfunction. Bumping heads with such issues might not be a very feasible task, especially if you are short on time. That’s exactly where utilities like Advanced System Optimizer come to your rescue. It can repair errors occurring in DLL files due to faulty registry entries and help prevent application or system crashes. Here are some other great DLL fixers as well.
How To Use Advanced System Optimizer To Quickly Fix This Issue –
1. Download, run and install Advanced System Optimizer.
2. Select Smart PC Care from the left-hand pane.
3. Click on the blue-colored Start Scan button and in a few moments, your computer will be free of all issues including the issue at hand.
3. Perform A System Restore
In case you get BUGSPLAT resource dll not found persistently, you can perform a System Restore on your Windows PC and go back to a time when your computer was working just fine and not returning the error message in question. New to performing System Restore? Here is how you can perform System Restore on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
4. Download BUGSPLAT.DLL
In case of missing BUGSPLAT.DLL, you can download the file from a trusted source. For example, you can download and install BUGSPLAT.DLL from DLL-FILES.COM. While the hyperlinked website is a trusted website, we highly urge you to keep your guard when downloading and installing a dll file. Ensure that you have Antivirus software running in the background so that you can steer clear of any malware.
5. Check If The Problem You Are Dealing With Is A Virus Or Not
Viruses and other malicious threats are infamous for interfering with applications on your computer, and, it shouldn’t come as a surprise if they are interfering with BUGSPLAT.DLL as well. As a safety measure, check your computer for malware, so that the threat can be removed before it extends itself to your complete system. You can either use Windows Defender or use a third-party Antivirus.
T9 Antivirus for instance is an efficient Antivirus for Windows. It can help you track all kinds of malware in real-time, even if it means checking a corrupt BUGSPLAT.DLL file. Here are some of the notable features of T9 Antivirus –
- Real-time protection against a variety of threats.
- Schedule scans at your desired time.
- Lightweight Antivirus.
- Exploit protection against files that might carry unknown threats.
How To Use T9 Antivirus?
1. Download, run and install T9 Antivirus.
2. Wait till the updates are installed.
3. Click on the SCAN NOW button.
4. If there are any threats, T9 Antivirus will catch them and remove them.
We hope that you have been able to resolve the BUGSPLAT.DLL error message and now able to run the application or Windows per se without any issues. For more such tech-related content, keep reading WeTheGeek.