Education institutes have restricted using popular websites and streaming platforms like Netflix, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and others. The idea is to block sites and services that might prove to be a distraction from an educational experience. To be honest, these restrictions are necessary to maintain discipline in schools and universities. But, sometimes, network administrators at these educational institutions can block too much content, and students cannot engage with the online world healthily.
That’s why you need the Best VPNs for Schools to get around the unreasonable blockings without sacrificing privacy and anonymity. These security programs encrypt data while in transit and change the IP Address of the user’s device. Eventually, helping people in unblocking content, access important resources, and eliminate Internet throttling.
To bypass unnecessary censorship and unblock your favorite websites, check out this list of best VPNs for school computers.
Quick Overview: Best VPNs For School That Works In 2023
To get started, let’s take a quick look at these best VPN providers for schools to circumvent network restrictions. By scrolling down more, you can analyze each VPN software in-depth.
1. Systweak VPN – Affordable & Fast VPN for School Wi-Fi | Unblocks most popular geo-restricted sites | Can establish unlimited connections | 1-Year Plan is priced at $5.95/Mo.
2. NordVPN – Most secure VPN for School Wi-Fi | User-friendly & intuitive application. | Can establish simultaneous connections on six devices. | 2-Year Plan is priced at $3.99/Month.
3. ExpressVPN – Strong & privacy-focused VPN for School | High-compatibility with popular OSes | Can establish five simultaneous connections | 1-Year Plan costs $6.67/Month.
4. Surfshark VPN – Quick & reliable School VPN |Provides seamless performance on all servers. | Can establish unlimited simultaneous connections. | 2-Year Plan is priced at $2.49/Month.
5. CyberGhost VPN – Best VPN for School to enjoy seamless streaming| High-speed servers. | Can establish simultaneous connections on seven devices. | 3-Year Plan is priced at $2.23/Mo.
6. Proton VPN – P2P Support & complete leak-free connection| DNS Filtering to protect from malware| Can establish 10 simultaneous connections | | 1-Year Plan starting at $4.00.
7. TunnelBear – Highly customizable & compatible VPN | Safe public Wi-Fi protection | Can establish 5 simultaneous connections | 1-Year Plan is priced at $4.99.
Now that you know the best VPNs to use at school, it’s time to look at what these VPN providers offer.
Worth A Read: VPN Terms You Need To Know – VPN Glossary
7 Best VPNs for School and College in 2023
After reviewing a dozen VPN solutions, we found these top 7 applications working flawlessly to access restricted content in school. These are one of the most trusted VPNs to use at school!
1. Systweak VPN – Affordable & Fast VPN for School Wi-Fi
Systweak VPN snags the top spot on this list of Best VPNs for school, and all credit goes to its speedy connections and solid capabilities to access geo-restricted sites and content. Trusted by independent researchers, Systweak VPN uses highly configurable open-source protocols like OpenVPN & IKev2 to avoid detection by filters and firewalls.
Some significant highlights of Systweak VPN are listed below:
- Kill Switch
- AES 256-Bit Military-grade encryption
- Overthrow ISP Throttling
- No Data Leaks
- Unlimited Bandwidth, Server Uptime
To know better about Systweak VPN, go through the unbiased review: Systweak VPN Review, Pricing And Features
You might want to read: 5 Best VPN With A Free Trial To Use
2. NordVPN – Most secure VPN for School Wi-Fi
NordVPN is an incredible choice when it comes to choosing the best VPN for a school computer. The provider holds 5,500+ servers in over 60 countries and has no-data-caps or bandwidth-throttled connections. It allows peer-to-peer file sharing on its 1500 servers and all their connections are protected by banking-grade encryption.
Some significant highlights of NordVPN are listed below:
- Solid Internet Kill Switch
- Provides Double VPN Protection
- Supports Ad-Blocking
- Ensures DNS Leak Prevention
- Follows No-Server-Logs Policy
To know more about this School VPN, read the unbiased review right here: Review Of The Top Most VPN Service Providers: NordVPN
3. ExpressVPN – Strong & privacy-focused VPN for School
ExpressVPN is considered as one of the best VPNs for school to use for gaming, streaming and torrenting. The platform has more than 3000 servers arranged in 95 locations all over the globe. The VPN service provider never logs information like your original IP Address, browsing history, traffic destination or DNS queries, making it the best privacy-focused VPN for school.
Some significant highlights of ExpressVPN are listed below:
- 256-Bit AES Encryption
- Internet Kill Switch
- Split Tunnelling
- Server Obfuscation
- Intuitive Native Apps.
To know more about this Best VPN for school computers, read the detailed review here: ExpressVPN Review
4. Surfshark VPN – Quick & reliable School VPN
Besides being a quick and reliable VPN for school wi-fi, Surfshark is a budget-friendly option that most education institutions can adopt. Its server network consists of 3200+ servers in 95 countries. These servers can easily circumvent almost every network firewall restriction and allow students to access important websites, stream their favorite content & more.
Some significant highlights of Surfshark VPN are listed below:
- Includes AES-256-Bit Encryption
- Internet Kill Switch
- Clean Web & Multi-Hop Connections
- Kill Switch & Split Tunnelling
- Complete Zero-Log Policy.
To get more details on what this best VPN for School can do, read the review here: Surfshark VPN Review
5. CyberGhost VPN – Best VPN for Schools to enjoy seamless streaming
CyberGhost VPN is another solid VPN that works at School to enjoy anonymity and privacy online. It includes optimized serverschoolsspecific activities and has an extensive network of over 7,800 servers. It uses robust VPN protocols such as WireGuard, AES 256-bit encryption, and SHA 256-bit encryption for authentication.
Some significant highlights of CyberGhost VPN are listed below:
- Strong Kill Switch
- Supports Split Tunnelling
- P2P Is Allowed
- DNS Leak Prevention
- Follows Zero-Logs Policy
To get more information on this best School VPN, read the complete review here: CyberGhost VPN: Full Review
6. Proton VPN – P2P Support & Complete Leak-Free Connection
With solid support for torrenting, P2P file sharing, and unlimited streaming, Proton VPN is considered to be an excellent School VPN software to use in 2022. The application has a straightforward UI and completely protects against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. It is one of the best choices to access the Tor privacy network using your web browser like Google Chrome & Firefox.
Some significant features of Proton VPN are listed below:
- Incredible DNS filtering option.
- Kill Switch feature.
- Split Tunnelling.
- Not obligated to save user connection logs.
- Uses Secure Core Architecture to defend against network-based attacks.
To know about Proton VPN in-depth, read our complete review here: ProtonVPN Review
7. TunnelBear – Highly Customizable & Compatible VPN
TunnelBear is a security-focused and high-speed VPN solution for Schools and Colleges to use. It has over 900+ Servers in 34 Countries equipped with advanced security protocols (OpenVPN, IPSec, and IKEv2) and a dedicated Kill Switch and AD Blocker to secure and enhance your surfing experience. We found no IP, WebRTC, or DNS leaks during our tests!
Check out the list of functionalities in the section below:
- Provides solid protection while using public Wi-Fi.
- Offers explicit no-logging policy.
- Blocks unsecured traffic if there’s an occasional drop with Kill Switch.
- Offers Split Tunnelling feature (available only for Android users).
- GhostBear feature that helps you become undetectable by other VPN defeating apps.
Here’s what makes TunnelBear one of the best VPNs for School. Read a detailed review here: TunnelBear VPN Review
So, which will be your pick for the best VPN for school Wi-Fi? Let us know your suggestions in the comments section below. Our recommendation would be Systweak VPN, which provides speedy connections and holds solid capabilities to access geo-restricted sites and content.