This blog will help you find the best video repair software to fix your computer’s broken and corrupted video files. One that supports all popular video file formats, such as MP4,3GP, MOV, WEBM, AVI, WMV, etc., is an essential factor in selecting a suitable video repair tool. However, let us first understand the causes of video file corruption before we dwell checkout the video repair tools for Windows.
The Most Common Causes of Video File Corruption:- The most common causes of video file corruption are:
- Sudden camera shutoff during video recording
- Unexpected power failure while watching videos
- Using viruses or malware-affected devices
- Failure of the operating system
- Incorrect shutdown of your system/machine
- Using amateur video converting or editing tools can result in video corruption or file format conversion
- Interrupted or incomplete transfer of video
Top 3 Video Repair Software –
|Product Name||Benefit||Price (Minimum Plan)||Download Link|
|Stellar Video Repair||Supports 17 File formats||$49.99|
|EaseUS Repair Video||Free tool for Windows & Mac||$69.95|
|Wondershare Repair it Video Repair||User-friendly tool||$69.99|
Top 10 Best Video Repair Software Selections for 2023
To help you decide, we’ve identified the Top 10 Best Video Repair tools based on their repair capabilities –
1. Stellar Video Repair
Stellar Repair tool for video editing is among the best and most professional tools available on the market. It has renowned repairing strength and helps you to fix and repair non-playing videos, sound issues, header issues, video movement, and also video slider issues, among other things. It will prompt you to perform ‘Advance Repair’ with a sample file for the highly corrupt videos. This incredible feature is helpful as it can repair severely damaged videos that would otherwise be lost.
- Can work on files stored in SD cards, CF cards, USB flash drives, HDDs, and other media storage
- It supports 17 video file formats, including AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV, etc., and is highly recommended and user-friendly.
- Stellar Video Repair takes only 250 MB of your hard drive space.
- Can repair multiple files in one go.
- Advanced Repairing for highly corrupted videos.
- The repaired videos cannot be saved in the free version.
2. EaseUS Repair Video
EaseUS repair video is one of the easiest and is a highly user-friendly video editing and recovering software as far as the user’s perspective is concerned. It has drag-and-drop options, making it convenient for the user to work on files. EaseUS allows importing audio mixes for the background audio. You can also narrate with just a click of a button.
- Supported file format MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, etc.
- Comes with advanced features such as trim, cut, split, merge, etc.
- Allows you to remove background and add cool transitioning effects.
- User-Friendly GUI
- Best software for beginners.
- Not great text options available.
3. Wondershare Repair it Video Repair
Wondershare Repair Video Repair employs two repair modes to suit the level of corruption in your video: quick repair mode for simple video errors and advanced repair mode for more complicated video damages that necessitate advanced algorithms. It provides batch repair of multiple videos and lets you preview before saving. Recoverit suggests ‘Advanced Repair’ on the preview screen if the file has not been repaired after the initial repair process.
- Supports video file formats like MOV, MP4, M4V, M2TS, and MKV.
- Supports videos from all types of cameras, including action cameras, drones, mobile phones, etc., stored on any hard drive, pen drive, SSD, SD card, etc.
- Easy-to-use video repair tool is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Batch Repair.
- Repair using advanced features.
- GUI isn’t user-friendly.
- The free version doesn’t allow saving files.
4. Grau GmbH Video Repair Tool
Grau GmbH Video Repair software is a profound video editing and repair software that supports the most used or popular video formats. The software also allows the ‘Advance repair’ feature, which can repair almost all video files. The free version of the software repairs and allows partial previews of the video file. The maximum file size for this software is 2GB, and it doesn’t allow video files above this level. The software works for both Windows and Mac.
- Supports MOV, 3GP, MP4 & M4V video formats.
- Allows batch repair and can restore cropped, or corrupted files
- Can help you find missing movie meta-data and parameters.
- It fixes almost any corrupted, broken, or unplayable video on Windows or Mac.
- Affects the video size.
Also Read: How to Prevent Data Corruption in Windows PC
5. OneSafe Video Repair
OneSafe Video Repair by Avanquest is a simple video repairing software that helps you repair damaged video files from storage drives, USBs, and more. Whether the format is changed, the file header is corrupted, or it is a read or write error, this recovery tool can help you restore the video. It can preview fixed videos on Mac with ‘Quick Look’ and on Windows with ‘Quick Look Viewer.’ As a result, before downloading OneSafe Video Repairing software, you should install Quick Look.
- Supports a few video file formats, including WMV, ASF, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Can repair sound corruption and rebuild video file headers, frames, and movements.
- Allows you to repair a batch of faulty videos.
- Present batch repair
- Preview mode is available.
- It is not possible to fix sound problems in videos.
6. Remo Video Repair
Remo Video Repairing software is straightforward. This video repairing software comes with advanced algorithm that can repair faulty videos that have playback or audio-related issues. Before editing a video in this software, you must put a reference file of the same type. It comes with the option to preview the restored video files.
- Supports video files stored on any hard drive or memory card and formats such as MP4, AVI, MOV, etc.
- Comes with a demo version.
- Can repair heavily damaged or broken video files.
Source: Remo Software
- Batch repair is straightforward.
- Fixes MOV files quickly.
- No advance repair for severely corrupted videos.
- Only allows a partial video preview before saving it.
7. Yodot AVI Repair
Yodot AVI Repair is a simple application with a clear user interface (UI). You can quickly repair any size video and preview it before saving it. It is available for both Windows and Mac. The software is intelligent to restore video files for all possible scenarios.
- Supports AVI, XVID, and DIVX file formats.
- Fixes corrupt video files from cameras and camcorders
- Repairs corrupt AVI files from hard drive, USB, and other storage drives.
- Simple interface.
- Amends audio-related issues.
- Doesn’t allow multiple files at a time.
- Only a few file formats are supported.
8. Repair Video Master
Repair Video Master tool is another video editing or repairing software that helps restore damaged or broken videos. This video repair software has a special tool to restore and repair highly corrupt and faulty videos. You can take review within software before downloading or saving it in internal storage.
- Supports file formats like AVI, Xvid, DivX, WMA, WMV, and ASF.
- Can repair several video files simultaneously.
- Doesn’t take much time to repair videos.
- Support for multiple file formats
- Batch repair is currently available.
- The software is only for windows OS.
9. Kernel Video Repair
Kernel Video Repair is one of the top video editing and repair solutions as it resolves nearly all types of video corruption problems on Windows PC. The application has a simple user interface and lets you preview the repaired file before saving it.
- Supports MP4, MPEG, MOV, MTS, MJPEG, AVCHD, M4V, AVI, WMV, MKV, ASF, FLV, 3GP, WEBM, DIVX, 3G2, TS, and F4V are all supported file formats.
- Recovers video files no matter how corrupted they are
- Can fix 4K, VR, 8K definition videos
- Support for multiple file formats
- Supportive Graphics User Interface
- Does Not allow multiple file processing
- Videos that have been severely corrupted cannot be repaired.
10. Digital Video Repair
Digital Video Repair software is a free utility tool to repair your corrupted or non-playing video. It can process unlimited files and videos you can without worrying about the cost. This video recovery tool can repair the AVI file structures, re-encode bad segments for uninterrupted playback.
- Supports MP4, AVI, and MOV video file types.
- Fixes fast-forward problems
- Fixes frozen when playing issues
- Free to use software
- Easy and Convenient
- Batch repair isn’t possible
- Minimal features.
Must Read: How to Record and Send Video Messages
We chose the top ten best video repair software based on features, ease of use, format system support, and other factors. Download any of the top 10 tools as per your requirements. Stellar Repair for Video seems to be one of the best video repair tools, with superior repair capabilities and an easy-to-use interface.
Remember that when purchasing video repair software, you primarily trade one feature for another, such as batch repair, supported file formats, or advanced repair for severe video corruption. Choose one that supports the file formats of your corrupted videos, is simple to use, and has a high repair success rate. Finally, always test before purchasing.
We are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Let us know of any queries or suggestions. We love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post tips, tricks, and answers to common technology-related issues.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Q:1 What is a video repair app?
Ans: A video repair software that supports all popular video file formats such as MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, WEBM, 3GP, and so on should be a significant factor in selecting a suitable video repair software. However, before delving into the other reasons for using video repair software, it is necessary to understand the causes of video file corruption.
Q:2 Can you uncorrupt a video file?
Ans: Video file recovery software like Ontrack EasyRecovery can be used to accomplish this. Ontrack EasyRecovery has numerous benefits. It is simple to use and is intended for all user profiles, including those with little computer experience. In just a few clicks, you can recover your corrupted file.
Q:3 How can I fix a corrupted video file for free?
Ans: Take the following steps:
- Right-click on the infected…
- Change the file type to…
- Start VLC >> Select Preferences from the Tools menu.
- Navigate to the Input/Codecs section; the Inputs/Codecs Settings window will appear.
- The “Always fix” option under the “Files” section should be selected for damaged or incomplete AVI files.
Q:4 What is the best MP4 repair software in 2023?
Ans: Recoverit recovery software is the best to recover MP4 videos. The new version of the data recovery wizard includes a lost video repair feature that allows you to restore all damaged, corrupt, and broken MP4 and MOV videos. It works with the most popular camera brands, including Canon, GoPro, and DJI.