Rabbit, also known as Rabb.it is a popular online streaming service that was launched back in 2013. Well, another reason why Rabbit gained massive popularity was that it not just allows multiple users to access content remotely but also offers audio and video chat support. It served as a great platform to watch the same content in real-time with your friends and close ones, even if you’re far away. Rabbit offers an interactive space, especially for movie buffs where you can stream content online, share screens, chat with friends and do a lot more.
Although, unfortunately, most of you must be aware that Rabbit recently got shut down in May 2020 due to unknown reasons. So, if you’re missing movie nights with your friends, here are the 10 best Rabbit alternatives that you can try to stream movies, TV shows, and more.
Also read: Facebook Watch Party: All You Need to Know!
10 Best Rabbit Alternatives for Streaming Content with Friends
Let’s get started and explore the best Rabbit alternatives to seamlessly enjoy the watch-party sessions.
Rave is a popular video streaming platform that allows you to get together with friends, chat with your folks while watching your favorite movies and TV shows altogether. Rave also allows you to stream content from popular online streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Google Drive, and more. Also, Rave is available only for mobile and tablets, hence it can make your watch parties pretty handy.
- Allows you to stream content from other platforms, including Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, Vimeo, and more.
- Connect with your friends while streaming videos via text or audio chat.
- Phone speaker syncing feature also available that allows you to enhance the sound experience.
- Share your videos on Google Drive for global movie nights.
- Desktop version not available.
Next on our list of best Rabbit alternatives comes Caracal. Caracal offers an intuitive shared video browsing experience where you can explore a wide variety of content with your friends. To get started, all you need to do is simply create a room, ask your friends to join, and start binge-watching your favorite movies and TV shows together.
- No sign-up is required.
- Attractive, easy-to-use user interface.
- Watch and stream content with your friends, dive into various rooms to join the stream.
- Only available on the desktop version.
Also read: 8 Best Screen Sharing Software For Windows
3. Netflix Party
Netflix Party, also known as Teleparty, is a great platform to watch and stream content with your friends. It also allows you to stream content from other popular platforms including Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Disney+, and more.
- Synchronizes video playback and also offers group chat support to interact with your friends.
- Stream content in HD video quality.
- Lightning-fast buffering.
- Interactive chat sessions where you can send emojis, GIFs, upload screenshots and do a lot more.
- Compatible with all web browsers.
Looking for the best Rabbit alternative that you can use for connecting with your far-away friends? Kosmi can be an ideal pick! Kosmi allows you and your pals to watch videos together, play games, chat and do many more things to make your movie nights entertaining.
- No sign-up or installation is required.
- Play a variety of Jackbox games.
- Allows you to stream video from Netflix, YouTube, and even your PC or laptop.
- Start a random conversation as it allows you to interact with strangers as well.
- Chat, audio messages, and video call support are also included.
- Syncs seamlessly with all popular web browsers including Chrome and Firefox.
Invited.tv comes with a great user interface and it can be used as an excellent platform to watch and stream videos, movies, and TV shows with your friends.
- Stream content from other websites as well.
- Comes with a unique “Request Remote” feature that allows you to manage the rooms and control the browser.
- Chats, audio, and video call support included.
Watch2gether comes next on our list of best Rabbit alternatives. It allows you to stream content from various platforms including Netflix, Twitch, Vimeo, DailyMotion, SoundCloud, and others.
- Synchronized player for video and audio.
- Connect with your friends in an integrated chat room.
- Create playlists to organize your content.
- Watch2gether also offers great movie and TV show recommendations based on your watching preferences.
Looking for the best place to watch movies, TV shows, videos along with your close ones? Kast can easily get the job done to make your watch-party sessions more interactive and fun.
- Offers an ad-free, uninterrupted video streaming experience.
- Premium 4K video quality.
- Picture in Picture feature included that you can use while video chatting and watching videos altogether.
- On-demand movies and TV shows also available.
Stream videos, watch movies and TV shows, chat with your friends, and do everything on this single interactive video streaming space. MyCircle.tv can serve as an ideal, one of the best Rabbit alternatives to co-watch content with your loved ones.
- No sign-up or registration is required.
- Share videos with your friends and family.
- Only allows you to stream content from three popular platforms, YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud.
9. CYA Live
CYA Live offers an intuitive platform to share your screen with friends and followers. You can use this service for watching videos together, taking up interactive sessions, live tutorials, game nights, group projects, fitness classes, and more.
- Free sign-up and registration.
- Share seamlessly without any restrictions.
- Chats, audio, and video calling support are included.
- Available on the desktop version, Android and iOS.
AirTime offers an amazing online hangout space that you can use for watching movies, shows, and videos with your long-distance friends.
- Video, audio, and chat options available.
- Stream content from other websites as well including YouTube and Spotify.
- Eye-catchy and appealing user interface.
- Available for both desktop and mobile platforms.
FAQs on Rabbit Alternatives
What can I use instead of Rabbit?
Rabbit video streaming service got shut down a few months back. So, if you are missing movie nights, fun trivia sessions or simply catching up with your far-away pals, you can use any of the above-listed Rabbit alternatives to pursue your watch party sessions.
Is Kast the same as Rabbit?
Yes, you can use Kast instead of Rabbit for watching videos, movies and shows with your friends while you indulge in interactive chats to connect with your buddies on the go. You can create a room on Kast and invite up to 100 friends to co-watch your favorite content altogether.
Why did Rabbit shut down?
As heard from the sources, the Rabbit video streaming service shut down its operations due to funding issues. Hence, after facing a lack of funding and other issues, CEO Amanda Richardson announced that Rabbit will no longer be operating. Although, if you’re missing movie nights or catching up with your friends, you can use any of the best Rabbit alternatives listed in this post.
So, fellas, this wraps up our quick guide listing the 10 best Rabbit alternatives. In this digital era, there’s no better joy than watching your favorite movies, shows, and videos with your group of friends, even if they are located elsewhere. You can pick any of the above-listed Rabbit alternatives to co-watch content, chat with your long-distance pals and connect with them instantly while sharing your screens remotely.