From Facebook, Instagram stories to YouTube, videos have undoubtedly become an essential tool for marketing your business & get incredible engagement. You might agree with the fact that over 87% of users love to see video content over graphics from brands. Do you?
There’s a good chance that you already have good video editing software installed on your desktop. For Windows, most of the users prefer Windows Movie Maker and Mac users choose iMovie above several options. However, depending on the purpose of the video you are curating, you may need better alternatives than these.
You can check out the list of software & programs in the links below:
- Best Free Windows Movie Maker Alternatives You Must Try
- Best iMovie Alternatives for Mac and Windows
But what about mobile users? Well for them, we’ve rounded up the best set of video editor applications for Android, iPhone & iPad.
Top 7 Smartphone Video Editing Applications For Android & iOS (2021)
List of Contents
- 1. Adobe Premiere Rush – Influencers, Bloggers & Professionals
- 2. Magisto – Word-Class Music Slideshow, Collage & Movies
- 3. Apple Clips – Creating Engaging Videos For Instagram
- 4. InShot – HD Recording & Editing With Tons Of Features
- 5. VivaVideo – Powerful & Easy-To-Use App
- 6. KineMaster – Subsequent Trimming and Transitions Tools
- 7. Beatleap – Musically-Drive Video Editor
- Over To You – Which Is The Best Video Editing App For Android & iPhone?
- Frequently Asked Questions
All the listed mobile video editors have been added in random order. So, I advise you to check the brief description and highlights of all the editing apps, before selecting the most suitable one for you.
|Best Paid & Free Video Editor Apps||Best For||Install Now|
|Adobe Premiere Rush||Creating Professional-Looking Videos||For Android & iPhone/iPad|
|Magisto||Word-Class Music Slideshow, Collage & Movies||For Android & iPhone/iPad|
|Apple Clips||Creating Engaging Videos For Instagram||For iPhone/iPad|
|InShot||HD Recording & Editing With Tons Of Features||For Android & iPhone/iPad|
|VivaVideo||Powerful & Easy-To-Use App||For Android & iPhone/iPad|
|KineMaster||Subsequent Trimming and Transitions Tools||For Android & iPhone/iPad|
|Beatleap||Musically-Drive Video Editor||For iPhone/iPad|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Please place the buttons instead of links in the Install Now section
1. Adobe Premiere Rush – Influencers, Bloggers & Professionals
|In-app purchase, starting from – $5.78|
It’s an all-in-one, cross-platform video editing application that features tons of options to record, edit and share videos anywhere. You can add your favorite music, text and apply gorgeous video effects and filters in a multitrack timeline to produce professional-looking videos.
HIGHLIGHTS: Adobe Premiere Rush
- Features to shoot, edit & share videos anywhere.
- Hundreds of soundtracks, effects, animated titles, overlays, stickers & graphics.
- Crop videos and customize videos/audios accordingly.
- Achieve impressive effects like Picture-In-Picture & Split-View.
- Share videos with one-click on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube & other platforms.
- Supports aspects ratios: Portrait, Landscape & Square
- Royalty-free soundtracks, effects & loops.
- Multitrack timeline for more flexibility
- Advanced audio editing tools & a premium content library is available with the Premium version only.
2. Magisto – Word-Class Music Slideshow, Collage & Movies
|In-app purchase, starting from – $0.69|
Join over 120 Million individuals (part of the Magisto community) in producing share-worthy videos without going through a painful editing process. The tool is best-known for creating ultimate music slideshows, collages, and movies using ready-made templates and fun elements to customize your videos in something never seen before.
- Tools to easily convert photos & clips into eye-catching videos.
- Easily make beautiful slideshows & video collages, even if you don’t have any clips.
- Tons of templates for any occasion, such as Birthdays, Events Invitations & more.
- Tools for cutting, trimming, merging & reorder videos.
- Change orientation, text, font & colors.
- AI-driven smart video editor
- Edits videos intelligently, allows adding beautiful graphics that narrates a story.
- Fun ready-made templates.
- Limited video duration of 10 mins.
3. Apple Clips – Creating Engaging Videos For Instagram
|In-app purchase, starting from – Free mobile video editing app|
Clips by Apple is an excellent free video editor app designed for iOS users. It helps individuals in creating interactive videos in just a few taps. It supports both vertical and horizontal aspect ratios with an immersive set of effects, artistic filters, animates texts, emojis, stickers & whatnot. For more flexibility, it offers easy-to-use drag and pinch controls while recording.
HIGHLIGHTS: Apple Clips
- Add existing photos/videos to create multi-clip videos.
- Tools to adjust the length of final clips and reorder them accordingly.
- Special filters, sound effects, captions, texts & more.
- Apply customizable stickers & other elements.
- Add animated emojis, speech bubbles, music tracks to express emotions better.
- Best video editing application for iPhone.
- Live title captions are automatically generated as you speak.
- Library of more than 100 soundtracks.
- Share videos with friends/family via Mail & Messages.
- Clips on iPad may become unresponsive sometimes.
4. InShot – HD Recording & Editing With Tons Of Features
|In-app purchase, starting from – $0.89|
InShot is a powerful free HD video editor and maker for both Android and iOS devices. It features tons of features that help users to trim, cut, videos, makes background blur, add music, transitions, effects, filters, captions, emojis & more. Additionally, you can utilize this video maker to mobile to shoot videos in the best quality and share directly on Social Media.
- Over 55+ transitions are available.
- Add movie-style effects such as Glitch, stop motion, old TV & more.
- Huge library of 1000+ stickers & emojis.
- Inconvenient option when creating slow-mo.
5. VivaVideo – Powerful & Easy-To-Use App
|In-app purchase, starting from – $4.81|
VivaVideo is a professional video editor app available for both Android & iOS devices. It’s a feature-rich product with top-notch functionalities to crop, merge, cut, trim, reverse, copy-paste, add transitions, effects, filters, and whatnot. Using this powerful video maker, you can upload photos, add music effects and produce trendy short videos for Instagram, Facebook & other platforms.
- Wide array of editing tools.
- Overlay custom clips or photos, it’s an excellent multi-layer editing app.
- Merge multiple clips into one in a single tap.
- Adjust video speed to produce eye-catching content.
- Add subtitles, stickers & other elements to create a masterpiece.
- Export videos in 720p, Full HD & 4K.
- Free movie maker & video editor
- Add voiceover & edit music also.
- Might not be a suitable choice for editing long videos. .
6. KineMaster – Subsequent Trimming and Transitions Tools
|In-app purchase, starting from – $0.77|
KineMaster is the ultimate video editing app for YouTube & other social media platforms. It features an incredible set of tools to create eye-catching videos using your phone, tablet, or Chromebook. It offers all the standard tools that make an app the best choice for video editing. But what makes it different from other options, is its blending modes to create startling and beautiful effects to give a professional look. Apart from this, it includes tools like:
- Color adjustment to enhance videos & photos.
- Tools to reverse your videos.
- Add voiceovers, background music & sound effects.
- Ability to change the voice.
- Editing tools for trimming, splicing, cropping videos, add fonts, stickers & more.
- Best video editor for Android & iPhone.
- Keyframe animation to add motion to layers.
- Export videos at 30 FPS.
- Speed control for time-lapse & slow-motion effect.
- Limited features are available with the free version.
- Need to unlock professional presets with Pro version only.
Must-Read: Best Video Players For Android (Paid & Free)
7. Beatleap – Musically-Drive Video Editor
|In-app purchase, starting from – $6.77|
Unlike other mobile video editing apps, Beatleap offers an exceptional editing experience that’s audio-oriented. Whatever music you choose, it suggests special effects and styles that help users to slow down, speed up video accordingly. Additionally, it lets you combine clips according to the music you choose and sync according to the beat.
- Provides 20 editing tools & effects.
- Enjoy 50+ filters & 1000+ professional songs.
- Automatic trimming, cutting & mixing of clips according to selected tracks.
- Add finishing touches with a wide range of filters & effects.
- Enhance the light to add wow-factor.
- Best video editing app for iPhone.
- Make use of mesmerizing effects to create a masterpiece.
- Explore & experiment with a wide range of styles & filters.
- Suggest right editing needs according to the song selected.
- Unlimited access to features is available with in-app purchases.
Over To You – Which Is The Best Video Editing App For Android & iPhone?
Well, these were the top seven mobile video editors that have a considerable userbase. These applications are equipped with all the standard & advanced features to satisfy the needs of enthusiasts and pro users with ease of use. If you are working on professional-level projects, you might need one or more apps for editing and add the finishing touch to create high-quality output. We hope this list helps you figure out the best video editing applications for smartphones. If you have any doubts while producing or editing videos using any of the utilities mentioned above, do let us know by commenting below or contacting our video experts.
If you ask for Our Recommendation, we suggest using Adobe Premiere Rush & Magisto, which can be easily used on your Android or iPhone device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which Is The Best Free Video Editing App?
Well, most of the smartphone video editors mentioned in the list are free of cost and offer (in-app purchases) to enjoy exclusive content and advanced features. You can try using Magisto & InShot for the best video & audio editing experience.
Q2. Which Is The Easiest Video Editor Available For Mobiles?
Try using KineMaster for Android & Clips for iPhone/iPad if you have just entered the world of video editing and looking forward to creating professional and interactive videos.
Q3. What Do YouTubers Use To Edit Videos?
Video editing software like iMovie, Adobe Premiere & CyberLink PowerDirector are some of the best choices when it comes to video editing for YouTube and other platforms. For more options, you can check out the complete listicle here!