Video Compressor Apps for Android are excellent utilities to reduce the file size of video files without compromising the quality. Therefore, it becomes super-easy for you to share high-quality videos on different social media platforms that were previously not possible due to bandwidth & size limit issues. After testing dozens of Android video compression applications, we’ve selected the Top 10 options for you. They are the easiest to use and can compress video files while retaining the original quality. So, without further ado, let’s take a look!
Top Video Compressors
Comparing Top Five Free Android Video Compressors (2020)
Before diving into these useful compression applications, here’s a comparison table based on functionalities and more.
|Features||Videos & Movies Compressor||Video Compress||Video Dieter 2||Video Compressor by Sunshine||Resize Video|
|Available For iOS||No||No||No||No||No|
|File Format Support||MP3, MP4, FLV & More||MP3, MP4, AVI, WMV||MP3, MP4 & More||MP3, MP4 & More||Popular video file formats|
|HD Video File Compression||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Video File Sharing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cost||Free/ In-app purchases starting from $3.41||Free/ In-app purchases starting from $0.41||Free||Free||Free|
10 Best Free Android Video Compressor Apps (2020)
Her is the list of 10 best free video compressor apps for Android to compress videos files without losing quality:
1. Videos & Movies Compressor
One of the most famous & useful free video compression apps for Android is Videos & Movies Compressor. It supports almost all popular file formats so that you don’t have to switch to another compression app to achieve the task. Additionally, you can share compressed video files directly with your friends & family without losing the original quality.
- Supports all popular video file formats.
- Easy to use the slider to compress videos.
- Choose videos from the gallery to compress quickly.
- No option to compress videos in bulk.
2. Video Compress
Video compression on Android was never this easy. Fortunately, we have a utility like Video Compress by Mel studio apps. It features easy to use options to adjust the video quality between high, normal & low for different levels of compression. The free video compression app has an option for audio conversion as well & ability to share the HD quality songs & videos on social media websites.
- Tools to compress, convert & rotate videos/audios.
- Share directly on Social Networks without losing quality.
- Ease to use interface for seamless navigation.
- Gets difficult to delete files from within the app.
3. Video Dieter 2
Video Dieter is among the best video compressors for Android as it lets your full-length video stored on your device at a smaller size. You can set the desired video quality as output using its lucrative interface. Video Dieter offers you to add your favorite music to your video along with fast transcoding.
- Tools to trim specific parts of videos.
- Can transcode files quickly.
- Set resolution & quality before the compression process.
- Limited options for renaming video files.
- Limited option for selecting the location for saving files.
4. Video Compressor by Sunshine
Video Compressor by Sunshine is one of the best video compressors for Android as it saves multiple videos. It can compress large videos faster and saves up 90% of a phone’s memory space. You can save your videos in full HD, HD and standard definition by going into the compression settings. This app offers you to play the videos within the app and share them instantly.
- Can compress large video files with ease.
- Optimize video files in a way so that you can recover efficient space.
- FHD, HD & SD settings available for compression.
- Capable of compressing files that are created from your phone.
5. Resize Video
As the name entails, Resize Video does precisely what it claims to reduce the video files size without compromising the quality. You can select the video size of your choice and even have options to trim the length of the video before starting the compression process. It’s an easy to use Free Android video compressor, best for newbies with a seamless user interface to go through.
- Tools to compress, crop & trim videos.
- Remove audio from video.
- Share compressed video files on Social Networks.
- Can compress the video in limit.
VidCompact is a new yet top-rated and a free app that offers not just compressing but converting and trimming too. It can compress any video regardless of its size and saves it on your device. You can crop, cut and trim any video of any format. It’s free, fast and gets everything you can look for then, who won’t want it. It features plenty of tools for trimming, editing, stabilizing, rotating, cropping, converting audio frequency and more.
- Best free Android video compressor on Play Store.
- Support file formats like WMV, MKV, MP4, MOV etc.
- Tools for trimming, editing, rotating, renaming & more.
- Free video compressor for Android with lots of ads.
7. Video Compressor – Fast Compress Video & Photo
Here comes the best video compressor for Android that helps users quickly compress, convert, cut, shrink, extract and do a lot more. It uses hardware codec for fast compression. Additionally, it features lots of tools to fast forward video files, compress images in batch and extract MP3 from video files. It gives options to compress video files between high, normal and low qualities.
- Tools to convert MP4 & shrink video without losing quality.
- Batch image compression on Android.
- Free Android video compressor.
- Lots of ads.
8. YouCut – Video Editor & Zip
YouCut is an all-in-one video compressor app that does almost everything you want to do with your video. It offers multiple features like video trimming, video cutting, video transcoding and lets you share the videos directly through the app to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. It supports a wide range of video formats and adds your favorite effects to your videos. With a huge following on Play Store, it’s one of the best video compressors for Android.
- Tools to rotate, flip & crop video files.
- Capability change video background.
- Ability to fit your video in any aspect ratios 1:1, 16:9, 3:2.
- Bombard you with lots of ads.
9. Video Maker
Video Maker is a perfect blend of compression & editing app for videos & audios. It offers multiple features to trim, cut, merge, fast/slow motion, edit both photos & videos with transition effects/filters & more. Additionally, you can export the edited and compressed video without watermark, so that you can easily share the final output on YouTube or other social networking sites.
- Multi-layer editing possible.
- Offers over 30+ video transition effects.
- Extract audio from videos without any hassles.
- Lots of features are available with the PRO version.
10. Video Transcoder
Video Transcoder is one of the best apps to compress video files without losing quality. As the name entails, it helps users to encode videos on your Android into different formats. It even features modules to trim videos and extract audios in a few taps and swipes. It supports media containers including AVI, FLV, GIF, MP3, MP4, OGG, WebM, and is highly compatible with supported video codecs like H.264, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VP7, VP7 etc.
- Requires fewer permissions to work smoothly.
- Open-source video compressor app for Android.
- Free Android video compression application.
- Outdated dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Does Compressing A Video Reduce Quality?
If you use the right & best apps to compress video files without losing quality, you won’t have to bother about the reduced video files. However, the fastest way to compress a video is by converting it into a ZIP file.
Q2. Which Is The Best Video Compressor For Android?
Videos & Movies Compressor and VidCompact is the best compressor app for Android. Both are easiest to use, have fastest compression speeds with great UI. Additionally, both the compression apps ensure that no quality would be affected during the compression process.
Q3. How Can I Compress A Video File Without Losing Quality On Android?
If you don’t wish to compress a video file using the best video compressor app for Android, then you can rely on Online Video Compressor Services. To use them, follow the steps below:
- Go to the online video compression tool – Clideo.
- Upload a video.
- Choose a file up to 500 MB.
- Compress the video file & set up the parameters.
- Save the results!
Q4. How Can I Share Large Video Files On Android?
Wondering if there’s a way to send large videos on Android or iPhone? Refer to our step by step guide right here!